MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

There are no swearwords in this post

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Time

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: There are no swearwords in this post Reply with quote

I want to know what this here community suggests that Future Unity do about our problem with Mike Burn being so determined to destroy it ? We all know that his problem with me has nothing to do with an organization that bbChris and Will and Ted Lehman and a lot of good people are involved in. So, how can we get him to stop being so hateful and destructive to our efforts. Here is a guy whose outbursts which had nothing to do with anything FU has done have already cost us about 20 members at this point.

Now, if Mike wants to attack Father Time til he is blue in the face, I don't care about that at all, even though that too is unwarranted. But his only way of attacking me seems to be by attempting to be destructive to Future Unity and this is why Mike has brought upon himself the wrath of a number of us.

I also repeat that I could be a lot, lot rougher on Mike than I have been. Somebody called me the Jimmy Hoffa of online music but I have practically bent over backwards to not get tough with Mike. Had it been a year ago, and I was still publishing the Times, when I was a lot more outspoken, I suspect I would have gone at Mike with both barrels and he would no longer even be in this community because, to put it bluntly, I have the ammo (Mike's own words) to cause him a lot of problems. If you think I'm kidding, believe me, in this case, I myself am shocked with what I found when I went looking in my "superspy harddrive" as some like to call it. But that's not what I'm about, I - only - want - him - to stop - his terroristic efforts - directed at our organization. Now, Mike's friends, do you want to watch this situation continue to transpire and ascerbate or do you want to finally talk some sense to him ? Do you want to support him by taking on fake names at mp3.com and join in his attempted destruction or do you want to point out and try to get through his very thick skull that what he's doing is very anti-artist, the opposite of what he always tells us he is.

I said it here a few months before and I believe it even more now that I personally believe from what I can tell, that all Mike's friends cater to him by telling him what he wants to hear and not telling him when he's messing up. On the other hand, some of my very closest friends will always speak up when they think I'm off on a bad tangent. You need friends like that and Mike really needs friends like that. Not like Jon Netjams who literally reacts to Mike's every mood and judges each post by whatever condition was occurring when he last heard from Mike. Condition Red = Rage. I must attack Father Time. Think I'm exaggerating ? Well, I've seen the exact same actions by Jon during easily 20 different Mike Burn tantrums by now.

So, as a matter of discussion, I ask you all, what should Future Unity do about the rampant hateful destructiveness of Mike Burn ?

If this post is deleted or locked I'm gonna post it a bunch of different places. :)

Scott Time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Ah, political correctness, it's so lame Reply with quote

This is why we have a problem. Mikey loses his cool like a madman and no one wants to say Boo to him.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Ah, political correctness, it's so lame Reply with quote

well, if you'll allow an opinion from someone who knows very little about the specific situation, here's mine.

It seems to me that the best, and easiest, way of dealing with anyone on a flame trip, is to simply ignore them. I'm just speaking Generally, here.

Am I wrong?

Anyhow, I don't want to sound self-righteous, or get involved, so I'll stop here...- I just couldn't resist putting in my 2 rupees....

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Generic Cultural Advice Reply with quote

Quote:
"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry.

Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.

How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

~ Julius Caesar

MIKE

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Generic Cultural Advice Reply with quote

"Ignorance is Bliss"

Elmer Fudd, and myriad other peons and citizenry...

hehe.

Scott Time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Generic Cultural Advice Reply with quote

Yeah, I tell you what, Drooly Mutt, imagine you had a cause or a charity and some imbecile for his own selfish reasons went around trying to sabotage it and wouldn't stop. Hard to ignore that.

Hey, by the way, do you want to join FU ? I saw you asking about it.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Generic Cultural Advice Reply with quote

sorry, - didn't mean to be careless of your concerns... - just trying to be funny... - but I hear you...

oh yeah... and FU sounds interesting... what is it, and what do I do?

Scott Time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Generic Cultural Advice Reply with quote

Well, all you have to do to join is say FU and you get a link on our page. What we're about is building a large group of artists for greater leverage in dealing with the powers-that-be, if you know what I mean. Right now you're just a name on a list saying you're in favor of unity but when we reach 500 it will turn into a full fledged democratic org with voting and such

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Generic Cultural Advice Reply with quote

ok

lemme say FU.

FU

nope, that didn't do anything, Scott.

I'm curious and interested.

Can you post a link for me, please?

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Generic Cultural Advice Reply with quote

"and some imbecile" FT This is how you make peace?

FT (anon) & TLGA (anon) should resign from FU. If they cared about Artist Unity they would do so.

Phil on Artist
Launch

The Lord GodAlmighty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:25 am    Post subject: haha Reply with quote

Phil's making the rounds tonight.

Scott Time

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: haha Reply with quote

Here's the link

www.mp3.com/futureunity

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: