MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeburn and friends

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

For those who would maybe like to have a visual impression of Kate Cassidy's performance with the mikeburn and friends band last Friday in Germany.

(47MB Download, High-Quality-MPG-Version)

What do you think?

MIKE

MP3Hewer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

WOW! That was amazing! All of it...the performance, the sound quality, the video quality... EVERYTHING!!! Kate Cassidy can really belt it out and the band is HOT! Thanks so much for sharing this part of what looked to be a very special concert.:thumb :clap

Mark

1katecassidy
Scottish nightingale

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

mike, it would take me all night to download that, as i'm on a 56kbs modem, but at least i can watch the whole video.

I had a great time doing the show:ww :fg :gl

mikeburn and friends

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

Kate, the video has been 'processed' :D :D :D

I'll send you a CD... OK??? :D :D :D :D :D :D

MIKE

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

Oh, what are you doing to me!!!!

:bigeyes :rolleyes :h :sad :ouch :ouch :ouch :ouch :ouch :ouch :ouch :ouch :ouch :ouch :ouch

:hb :hb :hb :) :clap :clap :clap

1katecassidy
Scottish nightingale

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

Mike

I have just watched the video, mind you it took me a while to download (3 hours) Mike what can i say but:clap :ww it looks and sounds fantastic.

Rory has nearly finished editing all 4 of the video tapes and now is nealy ready to be compressed to a small size for all thoses with a slow web connection.

:banana beer rules

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

Cool.

I'm downloading the video now. :p

:aw

:ww

Luckily I have broadband...:racing

Hmm......is there a way that I could possibly put this video on Get Me Music.com so that it would actually STREAM instead of the user having to download it all first?

(Luvs ya Katey baby!!!!! hee hee!) :tongue

Mikey J.

Get Me Music.com

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

Mikey J :D :D

Thanks for taking the time to check the video! :) ))

If you like it there would be nothing better than to be promoted on your site... there is also a Windows-Media version with reduced quality but also lower file-size available:

(23MB Download, medium quality, Windows-Media-Format)

....so you can offer two options for watching/downloading/streaming :)

MIKE

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

Hi Mike.

Hmm...

I'd like visitors to "stream" the video from Get Me Music.com without having to download it all first.

You know, so it PLAYS straight away.

This may be a dumb question, but how would I go about doing this??

:o

Mikey J.

Get Me Music.com

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

Mikey J, that users can actually stream a video from your page, depends on the bandwidth of their own internet connection and the bandwidth of the server, the video is placed on.

Even the low quality version of the video requires at least 463Kbit/sec. bandwidth/connection speed.

This is OK for DSL users, if your server can 'feed' the requested data stream. Of course, the more users stream the video the more bandwidth will be required for your server connection.

Because this can be a real problem if 10 or more users 'napping' on your bandwidth, you are required to setup a dedicated streaming service, available from Real Media for example. In this case the users don't stream from your own server but from a Real-Server with scalable bandwidth.

You need to have a license from Real and a user account in advance... the license fees are rather expensive and reaching from the upper hundreds to trhe multiple thousands of dollars range.

A video like the above should simply be downloaded by the users, to guarantee a flawless playback without nasty stopping and such... and to spare you a lot of money.....

MIKE

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Mike.

OK, to save me money, I'll make the video downloadable from the site.

I'll upload it onto my server asap.

It's just a shame that the file sizes are so big.

This will probably discourage a lot of people from downloading the video.

Hmm....there must be a better way of doing this.

Time to put my thinking cap on.

:hb

Mikey J.

Get Me Music.com

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

Mikey J, a music MP3-File of 6 minutes music in 128K will end up with approx. 5.7MB.

Now.... we have a video here with 6 minutes MOVIE and 6 minutes MUSIC...

Anymore to complain about the file size?

You can't reduce a 6min. video down to 6MB... huh? Logical?

Streaming reliably works only with a really fast server capable of dynamically assigning the bandwidth requested for each streaming channel. And the user's DSL connection would need to have a STEADY bandwidth of 460+ Kbit/sec. to reliable playback a video from even the ultra-fastest server... I think you know about the problems with streaming lousy music files...

So........... your "think-cap" won't bring you any further....

The only way would be reducing the video-image size down to a Micky-Mouse format and reducing the picture and sound quality... DO YOU enjoy music videos with crap picture and sound?

MIKE

Edited by: MIKE BURN  at: 12/13/02 8:44:50 pm
Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

:o

Mikey J.

Get Me Music.com

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Live-Video with Kate Cassidy available! Reply with quote

:lol :cute :lol ;)

MIKE

dj spaceAce

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: dooooooh wmv :) Reply with quote

mike :bomb ...full in your ass...i have uploaded the whole 47 mb @ our interconnected site...and now i find here a 23 mb wmv...and NO NOTE to poor dj spaceAce about this ...:rant ...ha ha ha...i think the qually of wmv is ok...have downloaded the file...and change it tomorrow...then is streaming...what i ask for...possible...

and now my friend mike...F*** YOU :racing

weist ja wie´s gemeint ist...nur so zur sicherheit...

um missverständnissen vorzubeugen ;)

dj spaceAce aka Y-Orbit

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: