MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mike you should make a forum where.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Addiction

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

We can let people know what we really think about their music cause I'm tired of all the arse kissers. You know when a song doesn't sound good so why lie to another artist about it. Tell them so they can change it and won't look so silly in the end.

The Addiction

Edited by: The Addiction  at: 11/16/02 5:46:29 pm
Master Zap

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

We all know what you are talking about. When are you gonna get it that your objection is duly noted and rejected as invalid? You can't handle the fact that I disagree with your "critique"? Tsk ;)

/Z

Master Zap - online musician maestro -www.Master-Zap.com

"Those who think they know everything are realy annoying... to those of us who do"

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

The problem with Artists reviewing each other is most cannot write reviews. It takes talent to write reviews. Most don't have that talent. The other problem is that if one writes the brutal truth it may be seen as an attack. Then one may get a backlash. Very few people can write a brutal review but make it postive with constructive help.

Pais Bb has a "Scathing Reviews section. I read quite a few of those. Some people got real defensive after a review or two of their presentation. Most took it well though because after all they knew that the people reviewing weren't going to sugar coat.

It's a tricky thing though.

The Addiction

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

Forget about it. It was stupid for me to ask.

The Addiction

Edited by: The Addiction  at: 11/17/02 4:21:39 am
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

I'm wonderin... when are ya gonna stop sayin stupid things" :D

The Addiction

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

Hey Phil you got featured over at besonic.com congrats!:)

The Addiction

Yj2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

Some months ago I had the same discussion with Richard Boyer. ("Friendly attitude"...) I agree with THE ADDICTION. Is it really necessary to be objective? I think it's legitimate to tell someone that "I" like his song or not. And if not why do I have to explain it? And if I explain it it's more like something to start one thinking.

:)

<b><a href="http://www.mp3.com/yj2">Sebastian</b></A>

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

That's what I always try to do in the MUSIC -Forum (where you are right now :D ).

When giving comments about any musical production, you will see in most cases that I point out the positive things, but also the negative.

I think it is the mixture!!! :D

Musicians are emotional people in general and I will probably never say "your track sucks" in a serious way, just because I know how hard and long the way can be to present a final product, waiting for critique.

Keeping this in mind, you'll find easier the right words (valid criticism), without simply bashing someone down.

Even in the worst musical production you can find something positive. Start with that... and your negative comments will be gladly accepted and maybe lead really to progress for a poor musician's soul ;) :D

I don't think that anybody creating music in the widest sense, has utter crap in mind as the final product.

So you should avoid 'utter crap comments' as well.

But valid criticism always 'hits through' and can be very valuable for a tortured musician's soul, isn't it? :D

A simple 'great' to everything has no value at all, because it doesn't imply that somebody listened at all...

MIKE

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know about BeSonic Ray. It comes a real shock! I find it to be nice,especially since I am banned from posting on their BB. hahahaha

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

:D :D :D

MIKE

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

To TOP it ! :D :D :D :D

MIKE

The Addiction

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

:D Cool! You even made front cover for Rolling Stone! :eek :D

The Addiction

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike you should make a forum where. Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. :D

Edited by: Phil Frazier at: 11/17/02 10:46:52 pm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: