MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Germany remembers February 13th. 1945
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Germany remembers February 13th. 1945 Reply with quote

Quote:
Daily Mail (U.K.), 10:39am 13th February 2005

The 60th anniversary of the Second World War Allied bombing of Dresden will be remembered today amid fears that neo-Nazis will try to sabotage the commemoration.

Today's milestone is supposed to be marked by peace and understanding with clergy from Coventry Cathedral travelling to Germany to present a cross of reconciliation. But the British veterans who made up RAF Bomber Command have not been invited and local authorities believe the day will be dogged by political protest.

The bombing of Dresden near the end of the Second World War is still hugely controversial with many claiming the Allied attack was unnecessary and excessive.

On February 13, 1945, the British RAF Bomber Command launched a brutal raid on the the eastern German city. Dresden, known for its culture and beautiful buildings, was decimated in the onslaught which took place just three months before the end of the war.

A day after the British attack, US bombers zoned in again and bombs rained down on an already devastated landscape. Around 35,000 people are thought to have died although some estimates set the figure as high as fivehundred thousand.

One group who has not been invited to attend the 60th anniversary in Dresden is the Bomber Command Association (BCA).

Sir Michael Beetham, president of the BCA, said the organisation had not been invited, nor had veterans expected to go.

"The press made much of the Queen's visit to Germany recently, asking if she would apologise for Dresden," he said. "But she did not apologise, she expressed regret.

"I expressed regret, all of Bomber Command expressed regret."

Unfortunately American media have not much to report on this day regarding this matter. It seems they take the same approach like the Queen of England.

Quote:
"We will use all means to counter all attempts to re-interpret history," German chancellor Gerhard Schröder told Welt am Sonntag newspaper.

"This is our obligation to all the victims of the war and Nazi terror, especially and also the victims of Dresden."

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

A question or two, Mike: How long has this been a "holiday" in Germany? And why is it recognized/celebrated when there is no "Holocaust Day"? It seems the Germans enjoy poking at others but not themselves...a dangerous combination.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
And why is it recognized/celebrated when there is no "Holocaust Day"?

There is. 27 January.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

1st. The 13th. of february is no "holiday".

2nd. Yesterday was the 60th. anniversary of the destruction of Dresden.

3rd. This anniversary should remind everybody that war fulfills no meaningful purpose and sends thousands and thousands of innocent people into death and destruction for the interests of a few.

Rory Kings
The man behind the curtain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Very strange. Up here in Scotland. There was no of mention of yesterdays events 60 years ago in the local press and TV.

I Then realised that today the 14th is Valentines day which is a date in our Countries calendar where we show love to our love ones.

Do you think it was planed that way all those tragic years ago?.

What a cruel world we live in.

I just hope we can get all this behind us, and live to learn by our mistakes

:g

John D Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: I just hope Reply with quote

I just hope we can get all this behind us, and live to learn by our mistakes

You think mankind is better now then before? WE DON'T HAVE A @#%$ CHANCE as humans!! ONLY GOD can help us now!!

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: I just hope Reply with quote

Galmin - "There is. 27 January."

Oh there is? Hmmm. I wonder why no mention of that on this board before. ;-)

Melody and Instruments for the soul...

Rory Kings
The man behind the curtain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: just hope Reply with quote

What has God got to do with it???

It is up to Us to make the difference.

What is Jan the 27th ????

:g

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: just hope Reply with quote

Quote:
What is Jan the 27th

Rescue/Liberation of Auschwitz.

John D Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: just hope Reply with quote

just hope

What has God got to do with it???

It is up to Us to make the difference.

Yes we can if we could only obey these ten rules that were given us thousands of years ago by GOD himself.

Do you think we can do it??

1: Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Beside Me

2: Thou Shalt Not Worship Any Graven Images

3: Thou Shalt Not Take the Name of the Lord Thy God in Vain

4: Remember the Sabbath Day to Rest and Keep it Holy

5: Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother

6: Thou Shalt Not Kill

7: Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery

8: Thou Shalt Not Steal

9: Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness

10: Thou Shalt Not Covet Anything That is Thy Neighbor's

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: just hope Reply with quote

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it Rory. :ft Mayhaps there is more blood on the Judeo/Christian followers than any religious group. Let's see... starting with all the innocent people the Isrealites killed and stole their land to live in the "promised" land... they said their god gave them up to the maybe 9 million Pagans that were slaughtered between 1300 and around 1700 including Salem Massachusetts... Oh yes it was the Christians that slaughtered American Indians. Oh and according to the Bible the world is about 5-7000 years old, but everyone else says it is older and there are older creation stories than the one in Genisis. Snakes were held up high in Paganism as is all nature, but especially snakes so what delivers sin to mankind? A serpant snake. So, it is simple propaganda against Paganism. Oh yes Eve=evil... a way for men to suppress women afterall it IS their fault... but according to God she could not help it because she was to stupid to know what the snake was up to... so let's "protect" wimmin by keeping them subserviant to men. Yea Christianity is a wonderful religion... second only to radical Islam...

and always remember Da Rev and HKRC are :langel s

Remember Rory...

"Evil like beauty is often in the eye of the beholder". As far as Paganism and witchcraft? Well... about all Christianity did was take away the power people have and take their money... now they have to go pay a preacher to pray for miraclaes...

Edited by: Rev9Volts at: 2/17/05 19:44
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: just hope Reply with quote

And John D. you sould like the radical Moslems...

Allah-God-Allah-God... Same thing... just the names have been changed...:lamp

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Germany remembers February 13th. 1945 Reply with quote

"The word ''belief'' is a difficult thing for me. I don't believe. I must have a reason for a certain hypothesis. Either I know a thing, and then I know it -I don't need to believe it."

-C G Jung

Oh Mike i do not mean to "crap" on your thread, but fundamentalists pretentiousness and arragance get on my nerves. No one will know what god is true until they are dead and the dead are not telling us any secrets... In fact all the stories from people who have "near death experiences" merely see a white light... anyhoo....

I have a friend who was in Dresden that night. She was on the last train out and had to ride on the roof of the train. She was 16. Her parents had some friends somewhere that they said to go to if something happened. It took her about 6 weeks of walkin and bumming rides to get there. I will get her to retell me the story and write it here...

Anyhoo... why does not the world "remember" Dresden because the Dresden residents do not control Hollywood... like "others"....

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Jung's problem was not in lack of belief...it was in lack of faith. There is much we do not know...and much also that is not possible for us to know. To deny the existance of such things requires a disasterous amount of arrogance, short-sightedness and stupidity (in varying amounts)...leading me to listen to very little of what Jung has to say.

Does the anvil about to fall on a person's head not have an effect on them simply because they don't believe in it? Methinks not! But it is amazing the lengths people will go to in order not to have to believe in something that has the ability to effect their lives and yet remain outside of their personal sphere of control. Fear of not being in complete control of their own destinies is what drives the ability to believe, or have faith, out the window for people.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Germany remembers February 13th. 1945 Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyhoo... why does not the world "remember" Dresden because the Dresden residents do not control Hollywood... like "others"....

Well, Dresden [120,000 civilian casualties] is supposed to be the retaliation for the bombing of Coventry [500 civilian casualties]. Coventry is reported to have been a mistake (target: airfield and aircraft engine factory. --- actual bombed area: The Inner City of Coventry). I, however, believe it is the answer for the indiscreminate bombing of London.

I see Bomber Harris right up there with the best of the rest of massmurderers showing no remorse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: