MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

IRA disarming. How to stop terrorism
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Master68

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: IRA disarming. How to stop terrorism Reply with quote

Actually, the stupidest rednecks in the world are incapable of using the internet...

They are all out drinking "tall-boy" budweiser in the can.

--------------

When you argue with a fool, be sure he isn't similarly occupied...

--------------

Music - Organismo Cibernetico (Cybernetic Organism)

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Conal - I don't think your example applies...and for many reasons. For one, I don't think we're going to allow Osama bin Laden into congress. What state would have him? No, this solution is not so simple as what you propose...not by a longshot. To attempt to oversimplify it, Mr. Conal, is to not understand what it is all about in the first place. Care to take a stab at it?

Conal Rehill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: IRA disarming. How to stop terrorism Reply with quote

Hey, this board's getting famous now.

Some of the stupidest rednecks in the world here, so I'm told, but I'll judge that for myself by the answers to this post.

Here in Northern Ireland we've found the secret to stop terrorism. For 35 years the IRA terrorists bombed, shot and murdered us. We got sick of it. We turned violent ourselves to fight them off. Some Americans gave the IRA money to 'fight the British State', then they got friendly with the British State and the attitude changed.

So what did we do? A few years ago we talked to the IRA's political wing Sinn Fein and listened to their problems. We gave them seats in our Parliament and recognized their wishes. The killing stopped. People stopped being afraid of the next bomb.

Now there's an argument about photographing weapons as they are decommissioned, but we'll get over that.

President Bush and his supporters have a lot to learn from us. They have a lot to learn in general.

Conal Rehill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: I see Reply with quote

"For one, I don't think we're going to allow Osama bin Laden into congress. What state would have him? No, this solution is not so simple as what you propose...not by a longshot. To attempt to oversimplify it, Mr. Conal, is to not understand what it is all about in the first place. Care to take a stab at it?"

Oh dear, I was warned that I would be patronized in this sort of way. In my experience the combination of patronization, intransigence and lack of knowledge which are so vividly demonstrated in your answer confirms what I've been told about this board. I don't think I'll last long here.

Nobody is suggesting that Bin laden or any other terrorist should be invited to serve in Congress. :aua Forgive me, but reading that into what I said is just so preposterous I can't help laughing out loud. The point I was making is that peaceful representatives of the Muslim world should be invited by a strengthened United Nations to have a fair say in the political and economic affairs of the world, which would help to alleviate some of the primary causes of islamic terrorism, but .... Bin Laden in Congress ..... :aua ..... I'm sorry, but you have a whole roomful of us laughing here..... :aua

Sloppy Chimbo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Well, then Reply with quote

"Some of the stupidest rednecks in the world here, so I'm told"

Well, WE were told we'd be visited by yet another lefty pinko cheese dick with vagina envy. Maybe we were misinformed too

"I don't think I'll last long here"

Oh, woe betide our ill fate! What a blow to the online community!

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I assumed that you were not seriously trying to suggest that bin Laden be welcomed in congress...I was only attempting to suggest that maybe you don't really have a firm grasp of the issues involved, as exemplified by your initial suggestion involving parliament...or that you possibly just picked a poor example to make your point. (Why bring parliament into your example if it doesn't apply? You were comparing Ireland to the US...not the UN. Is this a world issue or not...make up your mind, please.)

What you have demonstrated is a poor ability to draw a meaningful comparison, or a true lack of knowledge of the situation...take your pick. At any rate, you still haven't "taken a stab at" the real issues involved, or addressed the difference between your example and the current terrorist threat under discussion. Without this demonstrated understanding, I really couldn't consider any solution you have to offer to be of any real value. Sorry.

Conal Rehill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: ? I'm trying to work out what that means Reply with quote

"another lefty pinko cheese dick with vagina envy"

*sigh* oh well, it looks as though my friends were quite correct. This is the sort of talk we have heard in Northern Ireland for decades, and it often accompanied the violence and stupid savagery of the para-military groups.

I fear now that the world is now becoming dominated by such savages. I have lived amongst violence and religious stupidity too long, and I don't want to replicate it in my leisure time.

Good day to you

Sloppy Chimbo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: yes, indeedy Reply with quote

Well then, how typical of fringe-lib hypocrisy. Dude comes in and introduces himself by suggesting that the conservatives here are the "stupidest rednecks in the world", and when someone responds with the suggestion he may be a lefty pinko cheese dick he's all righteous indignation, wailing about the savagery, the savagery

:stress

Lookie here, spud: If you were simply hankerin' for civil discourse you wouldn't have prefaced your very first post with the 'stupidest rednecks in the world' crack. You would have kept what you were told about this place to yourself and made your own decision after such discourse. But ya DIDN'T keep it to yourself, Blanche, ya DID introduce yourself to this board with the 'stupidest rednecks in the world' crack, now you feign being all appalled at our 'savagery'. Well, excuuuuuse US if we don't fall over backwards trying to make YOU feel welcome. And by the way, you can't judge us; don't be silly. you have no authority to do so. We could ALLOW ourselves to be judged by you, but . . . NAHHHHHH . . . Enjoy your paper.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: yes, indeedy Reply with quote

Quote:
Dude comes in and introduces himself by suggesting that the conservatives here are the "stupidest rednecks in the world"

Actually he didn't. You're sloppy, chimbo.

Conal Rehill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: no, no, no Reply with quote

Endnote from me.

As Mr. Galmin notes, I made no connection between stupid rednecks and conservatives.

You did that yourself.

I have conservative tendencies myself, as many people in Northern Ireland do. However, stupidity of the sort demonstrated here can ruin any human attempt at the political organization of a society.

You should read up on what true conservativism actually is. You could begin your investigations with Burke. The American version is a pale shadow of the original - in fact it is not conservativism at all, but rather an ugly combination of utilitarianism and folksy religiosity.

I will repeat what I said. You Americans could learn a lot from the Northern Irish experience. The problem is that you are too stupid, immature and arrogant to heed anyone.

Sloppy Chimbo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: He was 'told' Reply with quote

Nonsense, Mr. Galmin. I re-read two pages of threads and could turn up not a single instance in which a liberal's words were described as being those of a 'stupid redneck'. If there are any liberal voices here who've felt personally offended by the term 'stupid redneck' he or she has yet to post about it. So unless he was referring to the "Thousand Liberals Of Jesusland" whomever told Mr. Conal that 'the stupidest rednecks in the world' posted here was absolutely referring to the conservative voices. Had Mr.Conal bothered to read the posts himself instead of settling for hearsay he'd have known upon entry he was insulting those conservative voices with an (highly gratuitous) insult. And as if being gratuitously insulting as well as slipshod in his research (that is to say, NO research) weren't enough, Mr. Conal in the very next sentence sets himself up as a JUDGE! Now I'm not even a conservative, but I AM a redneck, and I took offense at this rude, impolite, lazy, insulting self-proclaimed Judge who can't be bothered to check facts even when they're two inches away from his nose and instead settles for hearsay testimony. Such behavior may not make him stupid but it does make him pompous, arrogant and condescending. We're kind of full-up with those types, Mr. Galmin, but HEY, MISTER CONAL! Welcome to the fray!

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: He was 'told' Reply with quote

Quote:
I re-read two pages of threads and could turn up not a single instance in which a liberal's words were described as being those of a 'stupid redneck'

And? You claim that a certain poster suggests that the conservatives here are the "stupidest rednecks in the world".

I pointed out that he did not.

Quote:
Now I'm not even a conservative, but I AM a redneck

Well, I am not a redneck but I AM a conservative (not as reactionary that I am blindly supporting any government just because they happen to align themselves with my political leanings, nor does it stop me from being critical to the same governments. Still a conservative, though) and I was not getting the feeling that conservatives, per definition, were addressed in general.

Quote:
and I took offense at this rude, impolite, lazy, insulting self-proclaimed Judge who can't be bothered to check facts even when they're two inches away from his nose and instead settles for hearsay testimony. Such behavior may not make him stupid but it does make him pompous, arrogant and condescending.

I agree. Fact checking leaves much to be desired on this BB.

Quote:

We're kind of full-up with those types, Mr. Galmin

Mere curiosity from my part force me to ask: who, exactly, are we?

Sloppy Chimbo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: we Reply with quote

Galmin, the suggestion remains obvious to me even though Mr. Conal can conveniently claim ignorance. By 'we' I meant this online community. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you may have misinterpreted my phrase 'full-up' as 'fed up'. By 'full-up' I simply meant this board already meets or exceeds its quota of pompous, arrogant and condescending types.

As for my behavior towards Conal Rehill, I'd be (slightly) inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if he hadn't introduced himself with an insult to rednecks, and moreso if re-arranging the letters in his nickname didn't produce

I R HALL CLONE

lol

Call me paranoid, but . . . take a look around

:bigeyes

garbage detector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

ok you're paranoid

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: we Reply with quote

Quote:
Galmin, the suggestion remains obvious to me even though Mr. Conal can conveniently claim ignorance.

Only the small matter remains that he didn't suggest it, a mere trivial detail.

Quote:
'we' I meant this online community.

Ok, I though you may have meant rednecks. ;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: