MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Finally got me a NOCASTER! sneeky is as sneeky does WEEEEEE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Finally got me a NOCASTER! sneeky is as sneeky does WEEEEEE! Reply with quote

Well this ole southern boy can't be with a jin-you-wine italian woman for 18 years anot learned a few things...

first is timeing is everything... second timing is everything and third.... timing is everything

she went to visit her italian parents yes she is a real one not one from noo-feckin'-joy-zee with a stereo typical eyetalian temper...

they had their 72 wedding anniversary.

her brother moved to ireland and so she took her mom to visit her bro. her mom is 93 and had not taken a trip in years and never ireland so i was very happy they got to go.

but the da rev started thinking philisophacally about the price of her tick over and back and 2 tickets to ireland and her taking her mom out to lunch several times and other stuff she took them. he dad is in a wheel chair and cannot go which was good so she could take the trip with just her mom.

anyway da rev had a revelation tha her trip was the same price as a Nocaster. for those that do not know a nocaster is a reproduction od a 1951 telecaster by fender. it is a custom shop model. mine was a special one off with a 9.5" radius fretboard and medium jumbo frets. the original and standard copies have a much harder to play 7.25" radius and very small frets... it has a nitro finish instead of poly. in fact it had nitro paint and really no nitro cellulose laquer finish. it is relicked so it is aged as in dinged a little bit up, but the neck was sanded so it is not sticky...

i had it delivered to my office and brought it home the day she left. i picked her up 15 days later and about 5 minutes from home she asked so what else is new? without batting an eye in 1 sentance i replied...

nothing else except ray found me a 1 off nocaster and i paid cash for it.

i thought you were going to wait until christmas? she replied...

i could not because it is a 1 off special order and it would have been sold...

nocasters come in 1 color- butterscotch blonde which is mory like a buttery yellow. the reaon is the blonde fininsh with nitro over 45 years turns yellow...

when she got home she saw it and said...

that is the ugliest guitar i ever saw. and why yellow? i explained it to her.

she said you has that beautiful sunburst les paul and sold it to buy this ugly thing?

well sweetie mike burn has a custom shoples paul and mine was just a regular one and after i heard his i wanted to sell m ine and get one like his, but i wanted a nocaster first. for the first time in my life i bought a guitar for its tone and not its looks...

[/img]http://mbaf.zandalea.net/mymp3board/nocaster_01.jpg[img]

[/img]http://mbaf.zandalea.net/mymp3board/fargen_01.jpg[img]

[/img]http://mbaf.zandalea.net/mymp3board/nocaster_03.jpg[/url]

Last edited by Rev9Volts on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a link to fender site on nocaster

http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0150302867

so at first she did not believe it was a new guitar and had a hard time understanding why somone would buy a beat up new guitar.

so after a few minutes of staring at it told it.... "well i will love you but you are ugly like a setp child"

so to help i named the nocaster marianna for italian marianne. mariann grew up in nice so she has the french version of marianne. today is the assumptiion day for jesus' mom mary and so today is her name day.. so after going out to drink some bass ale we will come home and perform a christening service and officially name the guitar marianna.

so do any of you have a tele pic to post. now that i have a nocaster i want rosewood fretboard tele...

anyone have a rose wood tele to post?
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(alt+p)
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(alt+)
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(alt+p)
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the amp last winter after selling a mesa boogie. it is a Fargin blackbird. hand made by a guy in seattle washington named ben fargin.
it is all hand wired and the circuit is the same as a blackface fender deluxe reverb from 1964. instead of 2 6V6 power tubes for 22 watts it has 2 6L6 power tubes for 40 watts and an eminance speaker called a red coat wizzard which is a copy of a celestion G12 something I think.

well later that night i played the nocaster she agreed it was the best sounding guitar i ever had (she never really heard my custom shop classic player strat with lindy fralin real 54s (i replaced the fender pickups)

she looked at it and told the nocater- well you sure do sing well, and i know you cannot help you looks. you remind me of a poor old stray dog that we found wondering by the side of the road.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh after we got home she asked how much did it cost. i told her "about what your 2 plane tickets cost for ireland" she siad it was only $800. i said well about, a bit more...

later on i told her it cost what the whole trip cost, but i did tell her i got 40% off retail and where i got it sold it for less than the guitar center or its website musiciansfriend.com cause it won't give you 40% off...
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally got me a NOCASTER! sneeky is as sneeky does WEEE Reply with quote

Rev9Volts wrote:
for the first time in my life i bought a guitar for its tone and not its looks...

CONGRATULATIONS!
VERY good decision!
That's the way to go when looking after guitars

Your amplifier most definitely looks interesting, esepcially the technical description. Do you have a sound sample available somewhere with that amp?

Well, I still have my Custom shop Tele
They call the color "blonde" while I figure it's more or less white! HAHA
Anyway, I love my Tele with that tiny rosewood neck.
The guitar offers a incredible diversity of sounds, incl. some you would never expect from a Telcaster

Here are some pictures:

Solo-Project
mikeburn and friends band
The Mabuse Project
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are clips...

http://www.fargenamps.com/blackbirdmp3.html

http://www.fargenamps.com/blackbirdmp3.html (alt_w)

io had thought of getting that same tele except i was tolked into the nocaster. yea that is the color they were first made- blonde and after the years yellowed from the nitro laquer. i wnat one of those next! bee-you-tee-ful axe mike! thanks for the help with the pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: