MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Who do you think will win the Election?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NRKofOver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

Well, if I was a betting man I would avoid this bet all the way around. I think it'll be a very close election regardless of who wins.

My music for the disenchanted masses

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

I support the president 100%.

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

Larree, what % of the vote would you guess the Prez will win by? Popular and/or electoral?

My own guess is 52% (though I speculate that number could go up considerably by election day)

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

I think Bush will win by a landslide. The silent majority knows how pathetic kerry really is. My uncle is a Nam vet and he says that he doesn't know ONE vet who is voting for Kerry. They hate him.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

"The majority of those polled said that if the election were held today, that they'd be quite surprised!"

Speaking of the race for US President, of course. Who is your pick as winner and by what margin?

This is not a question asking "whom do you support" or "for whom would you vote", but rather - if you're a betting man/woman which candidate would you bet on at this point? What's your best objective, non-partisan take when you size it up right now?

My guess (for right now)

Bush 52%

Kerry 49%

Nader & others 3%

My guess is that the electoral college - which decides the election - could go either way: Bush or Kerry.

Edited by: RonOnGuitar at: 7/13/04 17:07
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

My two oldest bros (both since passed on) served in 'Nam, one was wounded badly, but recovered. They, like most of Americans, were middle of the road & not beholding to any party. But from what I knew of them, they'd probably also take a pass on Kerry.

It's not related to having served, since Bob Dole served well and suffered a lifelong wartime disability. But he just didn't get the votes in his run for President.

Polls go up & down, but I see the current "USA Today" poll has Bush/Cheney ahead by 15% in John Edwards own home state of North Carolina. Be interesting to see if that margin holds, dissipates or widens.

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

Well, if I must pick a winner, my gut says Kerry 48%, Bush 47%, Nader 5%, by popular vote. Electoral, who knows.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, if I was a betting man I would avoid this bet all the way around. I think it'll be a very close election regardless of who wins.

Definitely, NRK - this is just "spitballing" guesses here. There are so many variables in play, that a pronouncement of certainity would not be a wise move.

I'm thinking more about folks "feel" or "gut instinct". Mine right now is - as I sez - small advantage Bush public vote, toss up on the electoral vote.

This is one of those rare times where there's actually "no right or wrong answer" - until it's over, at least, LOL.

Edited by: RonOnGuitar at: 7/13/04 17:26
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

I don't see Nader netting 5% this time around, NRK. Maybe if it's an addition of "all the others". When you get outside the Nader devotees. I'm guessing that more of Nader's previous backers will go with Kerry this time, keeping 2000 in mind.

Too bad that there's not a viable "MOR" 3rd party to keep things more interesting and honest. Unfortunately they've most often been centered around individuals, e.g. a Ross Perot and sometimes only serve a spoiler to one of the 2 biggee parties.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

I do not think there will be one.

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not think there will be one.

This is a real possibility

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

i think the popular vote will be close but an electorial college land slide.

i mean come on the most liberal senator and the 4rth mos liberal?

kerry is a gigalo who married 2 filthy rich wimmin. does anyone seriously believe kerry can understand or take care of the poor /middle class problems?

no one in america likes trial lawyers or as we call them "ambulance chasers". john edwards made his fortune in medical malparctice suits. edwards says he is for lower health care costs but he and his ilk are a big reason we in usa pay so much. doctors medical insurance in recent years has skyrocketed because of lawyers like edwards. no one in america likes these people except their wives.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

Quote:
no one in america likes these people except their wives.

I just read that more and more women cheat on their husbands. Don't be so sure that their wives actually "like" them! They may like their gardeners or auto mechanics a whole lot more!

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

well laree i meant they "like" their money...

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will win the Election? Reply with quote

Quote:
does anyone seriously believe kerry can understand or take care of the poor /middle class problems?

Why would anyone think that any politician is really concerned with the poor or middle class? We have decades upon decades of greater government expenditures, sometimes higher taxes and if not higher taxes then skyrocketing deficits. So they'll either take more of your money or they'll put us more in debt. I don't know if Kerry/Edwards will make significant changes, they haven't served as President and VP yet, however I do believe that the significant changes made by Bush and Cheney have been horribly detrimental to this nation and if they're re-elected it will only get worse. That makes my election day decision simple. I'd rather take a risk with someone unproven than keep the people in who are currently there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: