MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Big Fat Ugly White Man Utters Another Lie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Big Fat Ugly White Man Utters Another Lie Reply with quote

Quote:

Pete Townshend Declares War On Michael Moore

The Who's guitarist and songwriter Pete Townshend is warning people not to be fooled by Michael Moore.

In a posting at his website, Townshend says Moore has made statements about him saying he was pro-war and pro-Bush because he wouldn't allow him to use his song 'Won't Get Fooled Again' in the Moore film Fahrenheit 911.

In Townshend's post he writes "He says that I refused to allow him to use my song Won't Get Fooled Again in his latest film, because I support the war, and that at the last minute I recanted, but he turned me down. I have never hidden the fact that at the beginning of the war in Iraq I was a supporter. But now, like millions of others, I am less sure we did the right thing".

Townshend's side of the story is "When first approached I knew nothing about the content of his film Fahrenheit 911. My publisher informed me they had already refused the use of my song in principle because Miramax the producers offered well below what the song normally commands for use in a movie. They asked me if I wanted to ask for more money, I told them no".

www.undercover.com.au/new...4_who.html

Moore's a Liar; Plain and Simple, Cut and Dried.

Always has been, Always will be.

But it's made him Rich off the Fools that believe him.

Sooo...YOU GO, MICHAEL!!

Take their Dumb Asses to the Cleaners!! :thumb

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Fat Ugly White Man Utters Another Lie Reply with quote

Wow. Great post! Thanks for the info!

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Fat Ugly White Man Utters Another Lie Reply with quote

My pleasure, my Brother.

How's that collab coming?? :lol

Just kidding with ya, man...I know you're busy as all hell.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Fat Ugly White Man Utters Another Lie Reply with quote

Well, we have two more shows to edit... And then...

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Fat Ugly White Man Utters Another Lie Reply with quote

Cor!! Now Pete Townsend is jumping on the MM publicity thing! Woooohoooo

I want to state that the Sisters of SHaron wouldn't let Michael Moore use our song "Beasts for Freedom" as a political statement!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I think you have it wrong, chris. Pete turned MM down. I think this note quoted above originally came from his (Pete's) website in response to Moore's public statements about Townsend after Townsend turned him down. Townsend already makes so much money from all the Who songs you find in advertisements these days that he has no need, or desire, for any publicity surrounding MM.

The song in question, "Won't Get Fooled Again", not only refers to lying politicians but also to the lying revolutionaries opposing them...the meaning being he won't get fooled again by either one of them. As such, the song was inappropriate for the movie of one of these "revolutionaries" (AKA Michael Moore).

Much discussion of this on another board I frequent. (The amp board I mentioned to you before.)

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
I have never hidden the fact that at the beginning of the war in Iraq I was a supporter. But now, like millions of others, I am less sure we did the right thing".

Well at least Pete is strong enough to tell the truth. There's absolutely no question that MM is a spinmeister working to tell his version of the truth. But I think most intelligent people know that. The real discussion about Pete's statement is in the quote above.

My music for the disenchanted masses

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

"Less sure" as opposed to "sure" I suppose. A far cry from "not sure" or "opposed". He isn't being fooled again by the "revolutionaries" like MM...that's for sure. ;)

I'm still waiting for the Syria factor to be added in before final decision time.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
"He says that I refused to allow him to use my song Won't Get Fooled Again in his latest film, because I support the war, and that at the last minute I recanted, but he turned me down.

Which is a Lie.

The real discussion about Pete's statement is in this quote, to others.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Big Fat Ugly White Man Utters Another Lie Reply with quote

Quote:
Sisters of SHaron wouldn't let Michael Moore use our song "Beasts for Freedom" as a political statement!

Hmmmmmm....how about "Bitter Sweet Revenge", then? :eyebrow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: