MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

APA claims racial hate crimes are rife in America
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Things have changed in America over the years. We once were a melting pot. Poeple from other countries wanted to fit in...they learned the language and were not concerned if their children did not learn the language of their native country. They stopped being whatever nationality of the country they came from, and became Americans. They took the time to become citizens, took an interest in politics and in the future of this country. This is not happening to the extent it once was. Now there are certain groups that want, in a way, their own little "Palestine". They do not bother to learn English and stick to their own little ethnic groups. They are not Americans...but foreigners living in America. They are welcome to live here...but when there is no effort to fit into this country, it draws the attention of some of the less savory attitudes found in some people.

Having said that, America has much fewer problems with other races than many European countries. We, after all, mostly came from some other country not too long ago. So although America is not the "melting pot" it once was, we still do pretty well in comparison. One of the problems, I think, is that nationalism in Europe is quite often tied to race/lineage. This is not a major factor in America because all of our lineages are different!

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Q is an anti-American propagandist. he should be Michael Moore's bottom.

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

questionnaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: APA claims racial hate crimes are rife in America Reply with quote

OK, sorry about this, but more counter-spamming to get some balance around here. When will Ron learn that this is not how to conduct political debate?

The article is too long to cut and paste, but in a nutshell the Anerican Psychological Association has published research demonstrating that racially-motivated hate crimes are rife in North America, and rather than being prompted by wacko far-right organizations they are being committed every day by people with no connection to political organizations. As Gore Vidal said pithily, "America pretends to be the great melting-pot, but really the parts that came here refused to melt."

So much for the great 'melting-pot of racial tolerance and harmony'. The fact is that you can never acheive deep, lasting racial tolerance - or indeed any form of tolerance - in an economic system based on cut-throat competition. Some British criminological research in which I was involved in demonstrated that racial violence erupts much more in areas of economic deprivation and joblessness, and also increases historically during economic recessions. This means that racial tolerance in unregulated free-market societies is contingent on economic factors - people 'tolerate' each other temporarily, then allow the racial hatred to burst forth during times of disruption and instability. In other words, capitalist 'democracies' can keep the lid on racism only when things are going well.

Here's the article:

Racial Attacks In Ameri

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

LOL, Larree. And we do have to keep in mind - even setting aside the outdated info preoffered here - that the "APA" is constantly trying to legalize pedophilia as a valid lifestyle choice - as opposed to a dangerous sickness. Not exactly in touch with the real world, eh what?

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

That is sick. Fork the APA.

G-d bless Israel! G-d bless America! G-d bless all the peace loving people of the Earth! Death to ALL terrorist sc*m!

questionnaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: oh dear.. Reply with quote

OK, readers.

I post some bona fide research, make a few points , and look at the responses I get!!

Not one of them is capable of engaging with any of the points I've made. Respect to DT for at least trying.

We're talking WARP-DRIVE ignorance here.

Blinkered, stupid and incapable of self-criticism.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: oh dear.. Reply with quote

the a.p. a. is a bunch of nuts and not necessarily for laree's reasons. they are a trade association created to bolster psycologists careers like any trade association. i would not trust anything they say. they want more research grants from us government...

questionnaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: oh no .... Reply with quote

.... and not only Larree, but also the Rev has just appeared. The board's ignorance engine is now at Warp-factor 10.

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no .... Reply with quote

Quote:
that the "APA" is constantly trying to legalize pedophilia as a valid lifestyle choice

I would love a link to an APA endorsed paper that justifies pedophilia.

As far as the validity of the APA, statistics are pretty much statistics. If there are more racially motivated crimes in this country and someone points that our, their credibility really isn't in question. I too have questions about the APA and their motives, but geez, sometimes there's nothing to question.

My music for the disenchanted masses

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: oh no .... Reply with quote

Quote:
I would love a link to an APA endorsed paper that justifies pedophilia

Sure, it's called "A Meta-Analytic Examination of Assumed Properties of Child Sexual Abuse Using College Samples"

PDF file of it (right click & save/or open) HERE.

"Controversial academic report which attacks the assumption that victims of sexual abuse are significantly traumatized".

NAMBLA - the "North American Man-Boy Love Association" - (and pedophiles in general) hailed it as a justification for having sex with children. Turned out to be very embarassing for the APA and even though children's advocates denounced it, the APA still runs a variation of "child-adult sex is okay" up the flagpole usually every year.

questionnaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: more poison from the snakes Reply with quote

The fact that the 'North American Man-Boy Love Association' interpreted this research - quite wrongly, by the looks of it - as a justification for their illegal, immoral and child-harming activities does not mean that the APA agrees with this association or condones the practices of its members.

You are attempting to defame the APA in the same way as you do other board members who disagree with you. This is malicious, juvenile and underhand behaviour from our resident snakes-in-the-grass. It is quite obvious to me now that none of you have been through any rigorous form of higher education, which might have stamped out these juvenile tendencies.

I have passed on your comments to the APA, so they can take whatever legal action they see fit, if, of course they see any of you reactionary bar-room windbags worth the effort.

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: more poison from the snakes Reply with quote

I was pretty sure I'd see a link to this particular article. I'm very familiar with it as we read it and discussed it while I attended college.

There is a huge difference between saying:

Many victims of child sexual abuse show little signs of psychological trauma as adults.

Compard to:

Pedophilia is ok.

What NAMBLA feels about it is of no consequence.

My music for the disenchanted masses

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no .... Reply with quote

Quote:
.... and not only Larree, but also the Rev has just appeared. The board's ignorance engine is now at Warp-factor 10.

Hypocrite.

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

"Many victims of child sexual abuse show little signs of psychological trauma as adults."

NRK - Maybe they show little signs...emphasis on the word "show". It may be the person sitting next to you on the bus, but you wouldn't know it either. But that does not mean that the damage is not there. It's quotes like the above that can eventually lead to things like pedophilia being declared normal...and acceptable. Ideas like the above need to be nipped in the bud before they can become justifications for later actions.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
quotes like the above that can eventually lead to things like pedophilia being declared normal

I don't know if it was inherent in your quote there, DT. But the problem is anyone could also then raise the APA's flawed and faulty opinion in court to build a defense of his/her having commited child molestation/rape. The old legal "I'm the real victim" switcheroo.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: