MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

A statement about the nature of political discussion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
questionnaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: A statement about the nature of political discussion Reply with quote

As you will notice, this board has degenerated into a tit-for-tat posting of polarized opinions.

That is not, in my book (and I speak as a professional who organizes and chairs political/sociological discussion seminars every day) the way to conduct things.

I have made numerous suggestions about changing this and laying down some ground rules, but the neo-conservative cut'n'paste propaganda from some of our spamming American members just keeps on coming. This leaves others with little choice but to post counter-arguments - spamming and counter-spamming, in other words.

I have made numerous offers to severely limit my posts if others would reciprocate and allow younger people to post with fresh ideas, but to no avail. I would again ask other board members to consider this possibility.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: A statement about the nature of political discussion Reply with quote

Dude. You do the same crap. I saw you curse rev out the other day. You sounded like...ME! HAHAHA!

Get off your high horse.

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: A statement about the nature of political discussion Reply with quote

Quote:
allow younger people to post with fresh ideas

That's fantastic Steve!! So no more telling them they are naive and your way is the only way? Brilliant! I'm pushing this board more then. Thank you! :kizz

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: A statement about the nature of political discussion Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHA!

Right on, Chris! You ROCK!

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

questionnaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: *sigh* Reply with quote

Larree, it would help things round here if you learnt how to read and comprehend properly. My post was not about 'cursing' but propaganda.

Let me explain this simply so that you can understand.

1. Ron spams the board with neo-con material taken from what his opponents consider to be unreliable, biased sources (quite often corporate news agencies).

2. So, to restore the balance, Debbie and I spam the board with left-liberal material taken from what he and his supporters consider to be unreliable, biased sources.

And on and on it goes. On and on and on. Pointless, apart from the entertainment value when people get tetchy. No political discussion of any depth takes place. Nobody learns anything and the whole thing goes nowhere. Like MP3.COM, Larree, remember? I notice that JDR or some other idiot has already made a couple of brief cameo appearances here as 'Merc'.

"That's fantastic Steve!! So no more telling them they are naive and your way is the only way? Brilliant! I'm pushing this board more then. Thank you!" - Chris

Chris, I notice that your post went down well with Larree. He really appreciated it. Larree is well known in cyber-space for having the brain of a gnat, so I would worry greatly if he ever appreciated anything I said.

Chris, to my knowledge very few young people would hand over their money to a psycho-babbling charlatan or consider a smarmy, flattering old autodidact like Ron worth listening to, so I would assume that most of them are not nearly as naive as you are. In which case I couldn't possibly accuse them of naivety, could I? :evil :laugh :kizz

Chris, if you brought some of your young friends to this board I'll clear off. I've been wanting to do that for a while, as you know, but I kept coming back because Ron's right-wing propaganda is poisonous and someone needed to jump on it. Please bring them here - they could discuss things amongst themselves in language they understand without either Ron or myself influencing them. I'll keep an eye on things because I'm interested in what young people think, but I won't interject. Mind you, if Ron starts spamming and patronizing people again, I'll jump on him really hard. :evil :laugh

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: