MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

West Bank barrier illegal, should be dismantled: world court

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

This post is much like the other one on the barrier....?

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: West Bank barrier illegal, should be dismantled: world court Reply with quote

When will the ruling be made public?

story.news.yahoo.com/news...&e=3&ncid=

JERUSALEM (AFP) - The world court ruled that Israel's West Bank barrier is contrary to international law and that parts already built on Palestinian land should be dismantled, a leaked copy of the verdict said.

"The construction of the wall being built by Israel, the occupying power, in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including in and around East Jerusalem, and its associated rgime, are contrary to international law," said a copy of the non-binding verdict of the International Court of Justice (ICJ), widely disseminated on the Internet.

"Israel is under an obligation to terminate its breaches of international law," it added.

"It is under an obligation to cease forthwith the works of construction of the wall being built in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including in and around East Jerusalem, (and) to dismantle forthwith the structure therein situated."

The court, the UN's highest legal body, also said that Israel should pay compensation to Palestinians whose property had been damaged by the construction work.

"Israel is under an obligation to make reparation for all damage caused by the construction of the wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including in and around East Jerusalem," it said.

It also called for the UN General Assembly and Security Council to take action to halt the construction work.

"The United Nations (news - web sites), and especially the General Assembly and the Security Council, should consider what further action is required to bring to an end the illegal situation resulting from the construction of the wall."

Israel has already made clear that it has no intention of halting consturction work which is due to be completed by the end of next year and should eventually stretch for some 700 kilometers (430 miles).

In a precautionary statement, the ICJ said it was aware that "various documents are being disseminated on the Internet by a number of organizations regarding the advisory opinion which the court is to render on Friday".

It emphasized that "the only authentic text is the official text issued by the court".

The opinion was scheduled to be read at a public hearing in The Hague (news - web sites) at 3:00 pm (1300 GMT), and would be posted on the ICJ's official website afterwards.

The verdict comes after three days of hearings into the barrier's legality back in February that were boycotted by the Israelis.

questionnaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: true, but ...... Reply with quote

DT, that's true, but Ron's are all the same so why don't you complain about that?

btw, do you believe in the biblical 'End of Days' prophecy?

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Q - The "End of Days" prophesy you speak of as found in the book of Revelation, yes...I do believe in it. But it is a lot more complicated than suggested by the title you give it: "End of Days".

BTW, if you are about to make comment on it, please be sure you understand what you are talking about. Most lay-people, regardless of intelligence, butcher it because it tends to jump back and forth between the literal and the metaphoric. Genesis is the same way. For example, 1,000 years as stated in the Bible does not necessarily refer to 1,000 years...rather, it equates to "a very long time". And you would have to have studied the Bible a long time to pick up on many of these things. Numbers (as in the above example) often have a referencial meaning. Another example would be the number 40. As in raining for 40 days and nights (Noah), 40 years wandering in the desert (the Jews under Moses), etc. The number 40 refers to tribulation. You could almost write an entire book on the Biblical significance of certain numbers as found throughout the Bible.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I should add, I suppose, that as time goes by, more and more discoveries are being made that show the Bible to be historically correct where it once was thought to be in error. Scientists can be both arrogant and faulty with their data...like many doctors, they know less than they like people to think they do. And they are subject to extreme political pressures within their respective peer groups, as well as from media and popular opinion.

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: BEWARE Reply with quote

boring insane bible thumping post...

B O R I N N N N N N N N N G G G G G G G G G G G

:muede

questionnaire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Hmmmm ... Reply with quote

"The "End of Days" prophesy you speak of as found in the book of Revelation, yes...I do believe in it." - DT

I thought so. Now we know exactly why you support the invasion of Iraq and the illegal expansion of the Israeli State.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

:wgrin

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: West Bank barrier illegal, should be dismantled: world c Reply with quote

Suicide bombings against Israelis have been cut by 90% thanks to the security wall.

Of course the anti-semitic haters of Israel want the wall dismantled! After all, who cares about dead Israelis anyway.

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

questionnaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: *yawn* Reply with quote

"Of course the anti-semitic haters of Israel want the wall dismantled! After all, who cares about dead Israelis anyway."

This anti-semitic charge is really getting tedious, Larree. It's virtually all you ever say. One more time: the people who criticize the hard-line Zionist policies of Israel on this board are not anti-semitic. They seek an end to the killing of Israelis and Palestinians and a peaceful solution to this terrible problem, but, in agreement with many liberal Jews, they have made the judgement that ending the illegal occupation of Palestinian lands that began in 1967 is the necessary first step.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: *yawn* Reply with quote

the palestinians only want to destroy Israel and kill all the Jews. Get real. There will never be peace until one side kicks the other sides a$$ so hard that they can never sit again. may Israel kick forking a$$.

Edited by: LarreeMP3 at: 7/13/04 16:13
LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: *yawn* Reply with quote

And regarding 1967. Israel was attacked. Israel won the war and captured some land. Israel owns that land now. So get over it.

And as a Jew, I can make all the charges I want. I call it as I see it. The palestinians want to kill all Jews. Supporting them makes one a Jew hater, in my opinion.

Edited by: LarreeMP3 at: 7/13/04 16:13
LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: *yawn* Reply with quote

And let me say that I have ALWAYS wanted peace between Israelis and Palestinians. If only the Palestinians would have followed the non-violent approach to protest. If only they would have followed MLK or Ghandi. But no. They are into terror. They like to kill innocent women and children. So, fork em. If they want to wipe Israel off the Earth, they must be wiped off the Earth. They better wake up fast.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: *yawn* Reply with quote

Quote:
One more time: the people who criticize the hard-line Zionist policies of Israel on this board are not anti-semitic.

Well, as a Jew with family in Israel I do not agree because I rarely see any of you criticize the terror commited by palestinians (or anyone else, for that matter) against Jews and Israelis. You guys criticize Israel when Israel is attacked, and you criticize Israel when Israel retaliates. Start criticizing the palestinians with the same fervor with which you criticize Israel and MAYBE I'll believe that you want peace between both sides.

But face the facts... Israel will NEVER go back to pre-1967 borders.

Edited by: LarreeMP3 at: 7/13/04 17:08
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: