MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Iraq safer than Miami, claims US recruiting sergeant

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
questionnaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Iraq safer than Miami, claims US recruiting sergeant Reply with quote

Sergeant Everett Best is 'brazen about crime levels when potential recruits worry about going to Iraq', reports the Observer newspaper.

"Miami is the biggest war zone we've got" he goes on, "9 people from Southern Florida have died in Iraq, compared with 338 murders in the Florida region last year. They have a better chance in the army than on the streets of Miami".

Recruits get cash bonuses, and it's the only realistic way that most of them can afford a college education.

This is the nation of the free-market, where everything - including health, education and sex - is nothing more than a commodity to be bought and sold in the marketplace.

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Iraq safer than Miami, claims US recruiting sergeant Reply with quote

This is wrong on so many levels.

Miami does have serious problems with crime, but I'll take my chances in my own city with the potential for being killed compared to being in Iraq. The numbers are pretty clear. I live in a city of 500,000 people, 20 were murdered last year. Over 100,000 troops have been in Iraq, 900 Americans have been killed. I like my odds here in Colorado Springs. As far as the only 'realistic way to attend college' that's nothing more than a representation of the laziness of America. I think that the military in this country should stop giving money for college and start giving money to soldiers. There are no freebies in our military. The ones who go to college are matched in their own personal funds that they put away for college. The military doesn't arbitrarily send every soldier who spends 3 years of service off to college. I wish I could get my hands on every potential recruit, because if they're doing it for college, I can get them there without ever having to kill another human being.

My music for the disenchanted masses

questionnaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: well ... Reply with quote

"As far as the only 'realistic way to attend college' that's nothing more than a representation of the laziness of America."

.... that's an interesting thought. I'm glad that someone round here is honest enough to admit that laziness is not just a European phenomenon (see thread on European workers and their time off work).

Being a bit lazy myself on occasion, I like to know that I have friends around the world!

:wgrin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: