MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Is the lethal injection more barbaric than beheading?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Q - "Who is more barbaric?"

Than who?

The decapitated head is said to live for several minutes after it is cut off...who has ever been able to say what is and is not felt? But if you are referring to the guillotine, I believe it is the public style of execution that makes it the more barbaric of the two practices.

questionnaire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Is the lethal injection more barbaric than beheading? Reply with quote

All execution is, of course, barbaric.

However, beheading is extremely quick and virtually painless, whereas the recipients of lethal injections - the technique used in most US states that execute criminals except Nebraska - often writhe and scream in excruciating pain for several minutes. Three drugs are used in this form of execution (i) an anaesthetic to induce unconsciousness; (ii) a paralysing agent to stop breathing; and (iii) a toxic agent to stop the heart. As we all know, people react differently to drugs, and in many cases reactions occur which stop some of the drugs working properly as well as the allergic reactions causing extra pain to go along with the pain and extreme distress of having bodily functions closed down artificially.

For instance, it doesn't take much effort to imagine what it would be like if the anaesthetic didn't work properly. It would be the same pain and terror as that caused by being buried alive or drowning.

So. Who is more barbaric?

questionnaire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: so .... Reply with quote

.... which is more barbaric?

Or are they both barbaric?

I thought US executions allowed onlookers?

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: so .... Reply with quote

Why don't you try both and report back after you die, a$$hole.

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

questionnaire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Aaah ... Reply with quote

...... Larree, just the chap we need.

Dt is wondering when brain-death occurs after execution. Being brain-dead, perhaps you could throw some light on this. What does it feel like? When you m*sturbate, do you sense any pleasure or do you just make your trousers all wet and sticky?

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Allowing a very limited amount of onlookers in a small room is very different than holding a public execution in the middle of, say, Times Square...or Picadilly.

BTW, what is the purpose of your question? It certainly covers no recent political grounds...?

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: why cant we discuss this Reply with quote

like we are really considering the question?

Personally I think taking a life is barbaric, by whatever means. Whether in wars or in prison.

and I HATE hanging. Apparently this is still being done in some places in India. :seismo I hope they stop it.

:gl

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Barbaric, yes...but unfortunately something that I think is sometimes necessary. I'd still like to see my "Deserted Island" prison idea put to the test. That would at least cut the killing down some.

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: DT Reply with quote

do you know what Australia once was?

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Yes...a penal colony for Great Britain, right? What do I win! ;)

Actually, I would prefer they all govern themselves without guards, etc to regulate their actions. That's part of the punishment! I think once word got out about this island, people would be a little more hesitant to do what it takes to be put there. No paroles or pardons.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd still like to see my "Deserted Island" prison idea put to the test.

Quote:
Australia?

Quote:
Actually, I would prefer they all govern themselves without guards, etc to regulate their actions. That's part of the punishment! I think once word got out about this island, people would be a little more hesitant to do what it takes to be put there. No paroles or pardons.

Like Debbie says, this has already been tested. Look at Australia, today a part of the coalition of the willing.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

There was a contingent of soldiers on Australia to enforce Britains will as long as they were using it for a penal colony, so, not exactly, Galmin.

questionnaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: yes it does .... Reply with quote

"BTW, what is the purpose of your question? It certainly covers no recent political grounds...?"

Of course it does. Some Americans and Europeans have the habit of calling other cultures 'barbaric', which of course is a powerful justification to invade them 'civilize' them and install free-market 'democracy'. So it's very political indeed.

I'm suggesting that the American method of execution is possible more barbaric than anyone else's.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: