MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Democratic Sen. Clinton highly complimentary and supportive

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Democratic Sen. Clinton highly complimentary and supportive Reply with quote

...of U.S. Military and America in general...

"A number of us have been sounding this alarm. We have to face the fact we need a larger active-duty military," Clinton told the television show "Fox News Sunday."

"We are the greatest nation in the history of the world," Clinton said. "We have rule of law. We have due process. We have ideals and values. And, frankly, that's what we think we're fighting for."

- Hillary Rodham Clinton

www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLIT...index.html

:aua :bigeyes :aua

I never thought I would ever call a Democrat (OR Republican for that matter) a wise woman (OR man)....

You Go, Girl!! :laugh

:banana :fg :banana

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Democratic Sen. Clinton highly complimentary and support Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. We do need a bigger standing military. But we also need to cut the military budget by a couple hundred billion. I'd love to see it work.

My music for the disenchanted masses

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: I'd love to see Reply with quote

Hillary in power. She's really cool. She'd really kick bushs ass from here to kingdom come.

What are the chances of her running?

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: a woman after my own heart Reply with quote

www.hillary.org/

www.newsday.com/news/loca...ional-wire

Sen. Hillary Clinton says Bush administration is on wrong track in Iraq

May 16, 2004, 7:40 AM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) _ Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said she would "perhaps" support the resignation of Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld if his stepping down marked a change in the Bush administration's approach to the war in Iraq.

"I have a problem that goes far beyond" the U.S. military's abuse of Iraqi prisoners, Clinton said in an interview broadcast Sunday on WNBC-TV's "News Forum."

"I think that this leadership team in the Bush administration ... have made a pattern and practice of misjudgments that add up to incompetence and lack of credibility," she said. "If I thought that removing Rumsfeld would change the direction of this administration, perhaps I would be for it."

Rumsfeld himself would have to decide whether he should step down, because "clearly the president is not going to hold him or anybody else accountable for anything," Clinton said.

Congress, too, deserved blame for not doing enough to question President Bush's campaign in Iraq, she said. Lawmakers had long given the president "power of attorney" in responding to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, she said.

"The problem is that that trust, that willingness to suspend judgment for a period of time ... was not returned with the kind of good judgment and honest disclosures that one would hope for from the administration," she said.

Clinton declined to discuss her career ambitions, including whether she would run for president.

HILLARY:Bush Policies Endangering Mideast Stability

BEIRUT (AFP) -- Former US first lady Hillary Clinton said the "stubborn" policies of President George W. Bush's administration were endangering stability in the Middle East, a daily reported Monday.

The New York Democrat senator told the London-based Arab daily Asharq al-Awsat that the Bush administration had not been "frank" with the American people concerning the human and financial costs in Iraq.

She said the United States was in trouble because it could not abandon Iraq, nor provide enough manpower to run the country, nor gather world allies willing to provide the necessary assistance for the gigantic task.

She described the Bush administration as "stubborn and arrogant" for refusing to admit its mistakes which were endangering US soldiers, Iraqis and stability in the Middle East.

Clinton said the June 30 deadline for handing over sovereignty to the Iraqis was a "last chance" not to be missed.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4825980/

Sen. Clinton speaks

“This administration is filled with people who disparage sexual harassment laws, who claim the pay gap between women and men is phony ... who consider Roe v. Wade the worst abomination of constitutional law in our history,” said Democratic Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York, referring to the 1973 Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion.

I love this woman. She'd make a very very good world leader.

:gl

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: a woman after my own heart Reply with quote

Just another Democrat in the Hip Pocket of some Multi-National(s) or PAC(s)....same as Republicans.

Republicans, Democrats...one thing in common; they've run this country in the ground over the past 60 years.

Libertarian; the fresh, HONEST alternative.

And you should love Libertarian military/economic policy, I would think:

Quote:

We call on the U.S. government to remove its nuclear weapons from Europe. If European countries want nuclear weapons on their soil, they should take full responsibility for them and pay the cost.

We call for the withdrawal of all American military personnel stationed abroad, including the countries of NATO Europe, Japan, the Philippines, Central America and South Korea. There is no current or foreseeable risk of any conventional military attack on the American people, particularly from long distances. We call for the withdrawal of the U.S. from commitments to engage in war on behalf of other governments and for abandonment of doctrines supporting military intervention such as the Monroe Doctrine.

We call for the reform of the Presidential War Powers Act to end the President's power to initiate military action, and for the abrogation of all Presidential declarations of "states of emergency." There must be no further secret commitments and unilateral acts of military intervention by the Executive Branch.

We support the elimination of tax-supported military, economic, technical, and scientific aid to foreign governments or other organizations. We support the abolition of government underwriting of arms sales. We further support abolition of federal agencies that make American taxpayers guarantors of export-related loans, such as the Export-Import Bank and the Commodity Credit Corporation. We also oppose the participation of the U.S. government in international commodity circles which restrict production, limit technological innovation, and raise prices.

We would end the current U.S. government policy of foreign intervention, including military and economic aid, guarantees, and diplomatic meddling. We would end all limitation of private foreign aid, both military and economic. Voluntary cooperation with any economic boycott should not be treated as a crime.

We would no longer incorporate foreign nations into the U.S. defense perimeter. We would cease the creation and maintenance of U.S. bases and sites for the pre-positioning of military material in other countries. We would end the practice of stationing of American military troops overseas.

www.lp.org/issues/platfor...m_all.html

I especially love the part of letting foreign countries fight their own battles and cover their own A$$es....main reason I joined this party.

I fought on foreign soil, but my Son isn't. Or any other young American if I can help it.

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 5/25/04 3:44
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: