MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Pictures in European Newspapers today

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Pictures in European Newspapers today Reply with quote

Titled: "The pictures American public is not allowed to see"

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures in European Newspapers today Reply with quote

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures in European Newspapers today Reply with quote

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures in European Newspapers today Reply with quote

yes usa has had a rule against pics like those for a zillion years so people will not use the deaths of soldiers for personal gain. for example the antiwar group exploiting deaths to sop war or some one selling them on ebay like "buy a picture of your son". the people taking them knew it was against rules...

now whether the reasoning the gov. said is their real motive who knows...

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: what of free speech and journalism? Reply with quote

Its not like these are military secrets.. or are they? and if so why...

Unscrupulous people will always find ways of making money from photos, any photos. Diana's death is a classic example. I think people SHOULD see the outrage of war. Maybe then they'll think twice before endorsing it. So easy to pretend everythings ok if nobody shoves reality under your nose.

:fades

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: what of free speech and journalism? Reply with quote

Quote:
what of free speech and journalism?

In the U.S., just as anywhere else in the world, there IS no total freedom of speech or journalism. Why?

Quote:

Clear And Present Danger Clause - an interpretation by the United States Supreme Court of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that gives the government the right to curtail activities that may "in some way" threaten the security of the United States. One cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theatre (when there is no fire) just because one feels they have the "freedom of speech" to do so.

NOBODY on God's Earth has the right to total and complete freedom of speech or expression; whether that's right or wrong is up to the individual, I suppose.

I think the people of the U.S. SHOULD be seeing this...it's time to get out of the place when the people who couldn't practice their freedoms in public are now shooting the persons who made it possible for them to do so.

Mike was right; the U.S. SHOULD have left well enough alone and let Saddam REMAIN in power...he was the controlling, balancing factor there, and the same people who are now liberated from him throwing them off buildings and strapping them to electrified mattresses DESERVED him.

And as for MY son, he will never lift a weapon in support or defense of anyone or anything other than his own family or own country...Dubya may call me a traitor for that...so be it.

And So It Goes....

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Mike, you are my hero! Reply with quote

"And as for MY son, he will never lift a weapon in support or defense of anyone or anything other than his own family or own country...Dubya may call me a traitor for that...so be it."

:nw

I wrote "Mother are you scared" for this precise reason. It is up to parents to teach their children the essence of peace and tolerance.

BTW, I agree with the need for journalistic restraint. Same thing applies when you have access to confidential material, especially when it involves other people's right to privacy - just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean you can blab to the whole world what you have seen.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike, you are my hero! Reply with quote

Thanks, Deb... :ily

From now on, my policy is one of NON-interference and aggression...I've given my 8 years to this Country, done my "duty", and committed several "acts" I'll have to sleep with at night; but at least the reason was that an aggressor had attacked and invaded a friend (I guess Kuwait is a "friend"; I'm really not so sure), so I can say that it was a "defensive" action...defending the oil fields, of course, for our wealthy supporters.

This is why I am now a Libertarian. "Non-interference" is the cornerstone of the Party's Foriegn Policy platform; that's me and mine to the core now. The Big "R" and the Big "D" can take a long walk off a short pier.

I Love the World, but my son is not going to die for any part of it other than HIS soil and family OR for some fatass, lying, schemeing politician/stockholder. Simple as that.

And I have listened to the song...It is Truly Beautiful...just like You. :D

I'll shaddup now. :lol

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike, you are my hero! Reply with quote

i am wondering how many wounded we have? we never seem to hear that...

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike, you are my hero! Reply with quote

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike, you are my hero! Reply with quote

dam! we never hear that. i wonder how many lost arms and legs and sometime later died from wounds. somehow i do not think most wounded were like from scrapes and scratches. i was 10 in 1968. while my mom was fixing supper everynight for years my dad would watch the news everynight was the report of usa killed and wounded and north vietnamese killed and wounded. every day we had less than them. i got so sick of hearing that "report" for years i never watch news since i left home and had control over channel on the tv.

i suppose in war it only matters if you get killed....

arms and legs are minor details not worth mentioning...

all this seems very "fishey" to me...

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Mike, you are my hero! Reply with quote

Click the pic.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: