MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Bin Laden offers Europe truce
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Bin Laden offers Europe truce Reply with quote

Quote:
Purported Bin Laden tape offers Europe truce

CNN, Thursday, April 15, 2004 Posted: 9:04 AM EDT (1304 GMT)

In the audio tape, the speaker threatens revenge on the United States for the death of Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was killed March 22 in an Israeli targeted helicopter attack in Gaza City.

He also refers to the September 11, 2001 attack on the United States and the March 11, 2004 Madrid train bombings as examples of actions al Qaeda has taken in response to attacks on Muslims.

He offers a "truce" or "non-aggression" to any European country that stops "attacking Muslims," but excludes the United States from any such deal.

The speaker gives a three-month deadline, starting April 15, for countries to stop attacking Muslims. He mentions Iraq but not in the specific context of the U.S.-led war.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Hmmm. Obviously attempting to capitalize on the attitudes of some Europeans with regards to America. Devide on conquer...one of the oldest games in the book. The question is, will the Europeans fall for it?

They fell for it with Hitler. :nw >:

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Europe: No deal with bin Laden Reply with quote

www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/04/15/binladen.tape/index.html

Quote:
Europe: No deal with bin Laden

LONDON, England (CNN) -- European politicans have ruled out negotiations with Osama bin Laden after a tape purported to be of the al Qaeda leader offered a truce to European nations if they pulled out troops from Muslim countries.

"It is completely unthinkable that we could start negotiations with bin Laden. Everyone understands that," Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini told reporters.

European Commission President Romano Prodi said there could be no negotiating under a "terrorist threat." (Analysis)

In Britain the Foreign Office said there was no proof the voice on the tape was bin Laden. However, the message was being taken seriously.

"We can't negotiate with al Qaeda," a spokesman said. "Their attacks are against the very idea of co-existence and conflict is their raison d'etre.

"To hide in the face of the threat is not an answer. The right response is to continue to confront terrorism not give in to its demands."

French President Jacques Chirac, during a visit to Algeria, said: "There can be no possible bargaining with terrorists."

Reuters also quoted Chirac as reiterating that there would be no French military involvement in Iraq.

A German government spokesman said the country would not negotiate with "criminals" like bin Laden.

"There will be no negotiations with terrorists and serious criminals like Osama bin Laden. The international community must continue the fight against international terrorism together. Germany will continue to contribute to that," the spokesman said.

Arab language TV network Al-Arabiya aired Wednesday what it said was an audio tape from bin Laden, in which he threatened revenge on America, but offers a truce to European states.

CNN experts who have listened to the tape say that the speaker sounds like bin Laden but there is no way for CNN to independently confirm the speaker's identity.

Dubai-based Al-Arabiya declined to say how it received the tape, but the speaker referred to events that occurred less than a month ago.

In the audio tape, the speaker threatens revenge on the United States for the death of Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was killed March 22 in an Israeli targeted helicopter attack in Gaza City.

He also refers to the September 11, 2001 attack on the United States and the March 11, 2004 Madrid train bombings as examples of actions al Qaeda has taken in response to attacks on Muslims.

He offers a "truce" or "non-aggression" to any European country that stops "attacking Muslims," but excludes the United States from any such deal.

The speaker gives a three-month deadline, starting April 15, for countries to stop attacking Muslims. He mentions Iraq but not in the specific context of the U.S.-led war.

The last tape believed to have been recorded by bin Laden aired in January on Qatar-based Arabic language network, Al Jazeera.

The CIA said the speaker on that tape was "likely" bin Laden, who describes the U.S. involvement in Iraq as the beginning of an occupation of Persian Gulf states for their oil.

"Whoever made the tape," a CIA official said noting the Yassin death reference, it "clearly has been made in the last three weeks."

Intelligence officials conducting a technical analysis of the tape expect to say "soon" whether they believe the comments are the voice of bin Laden.

On March 25, Al Jazeera aired a tape believed to be from bin Laden's top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, calling on Pakistanis to overthrow President Pervez Musharraf.

So much for your Hitler reference, DT (it was all there in the link Mike Burn posted initially, one just have to read...).

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Aren't you calling the game a little early, your highness? The "fat lady" hasn't uttered even one note, yet. We'll see what happens when Osama hits again...and he will, you know.

BTW, my reference still applies...governments and people to this day still refuse to take lessons from history. We'll see...

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
We'll see what happens when Osama hits again...and he will, you know.

Do you think the first terrorist in history was Osama Bin Laden and that Europe never ever have had experience with terrorism?

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

No...and yet, how did they respond to Hitler? Must you make me play "connect-the-dots"? :b

Again, we'll see...

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

When Osama has infiltrated every Union and has a political party legally registrated you can start connecting dots.

Did you know Hitler started the second world war with a pre-emptive attack on a sovereign state with self defense as excuse?

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

You mean as in how Osama is claiming to be defending Muslims? Yeah...I knew that. (One more dot connected.)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Actually Galmin is right. I recently watched a British production called "Hitler - The Rise of Evil" and it documentated Hitler's life from birth to 1939 (we all know the rest) and was shocked to learn that Hitler (secretly arranged) burnt down the Reichstag and then blamed the terrorists and made a speech about protecting Germany from terrorists and that's why the Nazi party should have full control - I'm not repeating it word-for-word as I can't remember it word-for-word - but as Hitler made his speech - I shouted out - "Oh my God that sounds like George W Bush talking" :bigeyes I only remembered it as I read this thread.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Actually, chris, I think you missed what I was getting at. The rest of Europe was convinced that if they placated Hitler by allowing him to invade Chzeckoslovakian, and later Poland, that he would be satisfied with that. Of course, as history has shown, he did not stop there. I think Osamas next step would be to begin getting European countries to allow him sanctuary in, or at least passage through, their countries for his "campaign" against the US. He would try to turn the world against the US...and as has been seen in many a thread on this board (and others), the idea is not so absurd. Your remark about Bush is telling, along with the indication that you do watch enough TV (and therefore media) to have made a connection.

Ironically, it was the US that saved Europe from Hitler in WWII...without our aid both before and after our entry into the war, many of those countries might now be speaking German as their national language. (And we very well could be, too...in America and on this board.)

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Osamas next step would be to begin getting European countries to allow him sanctuary in, or at least passage through, their countries for his "campaign" against the US.

A futile attempt. I would assume that OBN has more brains than to believe that any such "step" would be successful.

Maybe when Iraq is all set up, we could concentrate on the real threat again and the War On Terror.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Did he not bomb Spain? Why do you suppose he did this, Galmin? Obviously he hopes for something. What is it, Galmin?

What it tells me is that the security measures now employed by many European nations (some at the behest of the US) are having an effect on Osamas mobility, and he would like to see it eased up. Can you say "safe passage"? ;)

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
Did he not bomb Spain? Why do you suppose he did this, Galmin? Obviously he hopes for something. What is it, Galmin?

[sarcasm]Attention. Since GWB said he is not important and Saddam Hussein was supposed to be the more immediate threat he has gotten close to no attention.

Every now and then a tape shows up, gets played, secret service says "it may be him" and then it's back to Iraq.[/sarcasm]

Remember the reason why we went into Afghanistan? It was to get Bin Laden. It was not to hoist Taliban out or to secure the pipeline running through the country.

It was to get him!

We should have concentrated on that! We still can!

Quote:
What it tells me is that the security measures now employed by many European nations (some at the behest of the US) are having an effect on Osamas mobility, and he would like to see it eased up. Can you say "safe passage"?

Yes I can and it is not going to happen. The security measures in Europe has been put in place solely because of Osama and his terror organisation.

That sod and his ilk should be traced down and thrown into some active vulcano.

On behalf of 9/11:

"This is a declaration of war against the entire civilized world".

-Gerhard Schröder

-------------------------------

So where is Osama? Was he maybe in the US and jetted out with the rest of the family when the entire country was grounded?

Why was anyone jetted out without even being questioned in the first place, especially people with the familyname Bin Laden?

Maybe someone in the family had known one or two things.

Like where Osama was.

Maybe former businessassociates of the Bin Ladens knows. Like GWBs daddy.

Maybe CIA knows, after all Osama was on their payroll.

-------------------------------

Edited by: Galmin  at: 4/15/04 11:09 pm
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Hear what you're saying about Europe Dreamtone7 but ahem that we could all be speaking German thing was happening in 1700... not 1950s....

And there was never 1 vote difference - a beautiful urban myths for English speakers to say. See this Urban legend

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I was referring to the possibility of Germany conquering Europe had the US not intervened when it did...and the possibility that the US may have been next.

Interesting about the urban legend, though...seems like they are always based on some kind of fact.

But answer me this: How is it I have managed to get the two prettiest of the board at my throat? Are you two a tag-team? :box :dunno

:banana :D

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: