MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Iraqis Drag Four Corpses Through Streets....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Iraqis Drag Four Corpses Through Streets.... Reply with quote

FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) - Jubilant residents yanked the bodies of four foreigners - one a woman, at least one an American - out of their burning cars Wednesday, dragged the charred corpses through the streets, and hung them from the bridge spanning the Euphrates River. Five American troops died in a roadside bombing nearby.

The brutal treatment of the four corpses came after they were killed in a rebel attack on their SUVs in the Sunni Triangle city about 35 miles west of Baghdad, scene of some of the worst violence on both sides of the conflict since the beginning of the American occupation a year ago.

It was reminiscent of the 1993 scene in Somalia, when a mob dragged the corpse of a U.S. soldier through the streets of Mogadishu, eventually leading to the American withdrawal from the African nation.

In one of the bloodiest days for the U.S. military this year, five American troops died when their military vehicle ran over a bomb in a separate incident 12 miles to the northwest, among the reed-lined roads through some of Iraq's richest farmland.

Residents said the bomb attack occurred in Malahma, 12 miles northwest of Fallujah, where anti-U.S. insurgents are active. U.S. Marines operate in the area, but it was unclear whether the slain troops were Marines.

Chanting "Fallujah is the graveyard of Americans," residents cheered after the grisly assault on two four-wheel-drive civilian vehicles, which left both in flames. Others chanted, "We sacrifice our blood and souls for Islam."

Associated Press Television News pictures showed one man beating a charred corpse with a metal pole. Others tied a yellow rope to a body, hooked it to a car and dragged it down the main street of town. Two blackened and mangled corpses were hung from a green iron bridge across the Euphrates.

"The people of Fallujah hanged some of the bodies on the old bridge like slaughtered sheep," resident Abdul Aziz Mohammed said. Some of the corpses were dismembered, he said.

Beneath the bodies, a man held a printed sign with a skull and crossbones and the phrase "Fallujah is the cemetery for Americans."

APTN showed the charred remains of three slain men. Some were wearing flak jackets, said resident Safa Mohammedi.

One resident displayed what appeared to be dog tags taken from one body. Residents also said there were weapons in the targeted cars. APTN showed one American passport near a body and a U.S. Department of Defense identification card belonging to another man.

U.S. military officials in Washington said the situation was still confused but they did not think the victims were American soldiers and believed the SUVs were not American military vehicles.

Witnesses said the two vehicles were attacked with small arms fire and rocket propelled grenades.

Hours after the attack, the city was quiet. No U.S. troops or Iraqi police were seen in the area.

Fallujah is in the so-called Sunni Triangle, where support for Saddam Hussein was strong and rebels often carry out attacks against American forces.

In nearby Ramadi, insurgents threw a grenade at a government building and Iraqi security forces returned fire Wednesday, witnesses said. It was not clear if there were casualties.

Also in Ramadi, a roadside bomb exploded near a U.S. convoy, witnesses said. U.S. officials in Baghdad could not confirm the attack.

On Tuesday in Ramadi, one U.S. soldier was killed and another wounded in a roadside bombing, said Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt.

Northeast of Baghdad, in the city of Baqouba on Wednesday, a suicide bomber blew up explosives in his car when he was near a convoy of government vehicles, wounding 14 Iraqis and killing himself, officials said.

The attacked convoy is normally used to transport the Diala provincial governor, Abdullah al-Joubori, but he was elsewhere at the time, said police Col. Ali Hossein.

On Tuesday, a suicide bombing outside the house of a police chief in Hillah, about 60 miles south of Baghdad, killed the attacker and wounded seven others.

A bomb exploded late Tuesday in a movie theater that had closed for the night. Two bystanders were wounded by flying glass, said its owner, Ghani Mohammed.

The latest violence came two days after Carina Perelli, the head of a U.N. electoral team, said better security is vital if Iraq wants to hold elections by a Jan. 31 deadline. The polls are scheduled to follow a June 30 transfer of sovereignty to an Iraqi government.

Top U.S. administrator L. Paul Bremer said Tuesday he had appointed 21 anti-corruption inspectors general to government departments to try to prevent fraud. More will be named in coming days, he said.

The inspectors will work with two other newly formed, independent agencies. Together, they will "form an integrated approach intended to combat corruption at every level of government across the country," Bremer said.

apnews.excite.com/article...CTUO0.html

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraqis Drag Four Corpses Through Streets.... Reply with quote

It's unspeakable.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraqis Drag Four Corpses Through Streets.... Reply with quote

That's WAR.

The Americans wanted to have it.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraqis Drag Four Corpses Through Streets.... Reply with quote

Oh God.....

Sometimes I feel like I should turn off the television and go live in a cabin in the mountains, with no electricity...

Watching current events sickens me to the core..

What scares me even more is how much it angers me...

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

MB - "That's WAR.

The Americans wanted to have it."

Perhaps from your biased perspective. From mine, "want" had nothing to do with it.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraqis Drag Four Corpses Through Streets.... Reply with quote

DreamTone7,

I remember very well all the cheering in American media when the "shock and awe" started, incl. this "Mission Accomplished" scene.

I'm very aware, that there are a lot of people in the United States which did not support the "war-idea" from the beginning, just like almost the entire European Union did incl. my country with a clear "NO". We were called "Old Europe" and "Chicken" for that, but all what the chancellor of my country and Chirac predicted and warned about became true.

Not only that the reasoning for the war was more than a bad joke (a lie or several ones in fact), I am angry myself when I see people being slaughtered like the American contractors, who did believe in the sh$$ which was told to them in advance before going to "help" in Iraq. On the other hand I do understand the Iraqi's. You can't expect cheering people, while tenthousands had to bury their loved ones (they are humans as well) and facing a take over of a culture, which is farer from their own than Mars from the earth. This and the fact that a civil war is about to be unleashed (the different muslim cultures i.e. shiites), because the only stabilizing element Saddam Hussein has been de-installed, makes a entire nation angry and creates dozens of new deaths every day.

IMHO

Why

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

MIKE! where you born without any damn sense of human remorse or decency? All you know how to do is laugh and revel in the deaths of Americans.

Are you even aware that these men were civilians. AND THEY WANTED WAR?

All these guys tried to do is rebuild a nation and now their bodies are being mutilated. WHAT THE @#%$?

And you even make sure to show the bodies and after that say it was their fault.

You are seriously @#%$ up in the head.

:rant

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote

It's absolutely tragic that any human being can be treated in such a way. These people most surely did not 'deserve' the end they got. I don't even want to make this political, these were people who were trying to do something decent (with their own lives through productivity and for other's lives by sharing their skills to rebuild a nation ravaged by war). I don't respect or even have an understanding of the actions by these Iraqi's. I try to understand everything, every perspective, every thought process, but if you hate the 'invading force' attack the invading force, not people just trying to work and rebuild a nation. This behavior does not reinforce the reasons for being there, nor does it support the idea that we never should have gone. This is simply a terrible incident perpetrated by terrible people. I myself wonder what I would do if the US was invaded, and I know that I would defend it (although I'm not sure I can kill anyone, I would do it through press or logistics), but the one thing I definitely know is that I would and could never revel in death on any level, for any person, for any reason. I cannot celebrate someone else's death. This act was nothing more than a wanton disregard for human life, and maybe some people can make a case that the US did the same thing going into Iraq, but one of the simplest and earliest rules we all learn is that two wrongs don't make a right. This is tragic, and unfortunate, and sad, and in every possible way, wrong, period.

My music for the disenchanted masses

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote

Karma.

Can't stop it.

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote

I love 'karma'. Somewhere along the line, I learned a valuable lesson when it comes to life. Essentially there are very few reasons to ever end one. I will die, that's inevitable, and honestly, is anyone's life so great that death isn't as good an alternative? Socrates said (and I paraphrase)

that in death there are two options, partying with the gods, or sleeping, and I've never been happier than when I'm sleeping.

If someone has the real quote that would be even better. But death is bad, not natural time to die death(which could be five seconds from now), but hateful, angry, disturbing death, it's just bad. The unfortunate part of humans is that an 'eye for an eye' still means something to so many people, but it's self-perpetuating, and something as simple as the Hatfield and McCoys (an American folk tale bound to history) doesn't seem to resonate. Maybe there's no hope, maybe the rest of my life will be nothing but hate and death. That's a pleasant thought and all the more reason to wish to die.

My music for the disenchanted masses

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraqis Drag Four Corpses Through Streets.... Reply with quote

Quote:
WHY

MIKE! where you born without any damn sense of human remorse or decency? All you know how to do is laugh and revel in the deaths of Americans.

Are you even aware that these men were civilians. AND THEY WANTED WAR?

All these guys tried to do is rebuild a nation and now their bodies are being mutilated. WHAT THE @#%$?

And you even make sure to show the bodies and after that say it was their fault.

You are seriously @#%$ up in the head.

Yo dude, I saw many Americans cheering "shock and awe... HAHAHA" (put a cigar on on the tank....).

I did not forget this and I know what war is, like the American contractors, which were there for serious money (!) to work on whatever.

I also did not forget about my sense of humanity, because I always bring the cheering American faces into context with pictures like the one below.

Think a second, then answer if you need to.

Why

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re; Reply with quote

Let me get this strait, that is the fault of those civilian contractors? That dead baby is their fault. But you obviously don't give a @#%$ about all the dead babies and civilians killed by Saddam do you? No, you don't, why? because your sick man!

Do you know what the hell a contractor even is, those people whose chared and mutilated bodies you happilly mock and display, were trying to rebuild that place.

Hell your German, you know how good it is to see contractors who come to rebuild your country. 60 years aint that long if you think.

And what's this....:bigeyes gasps.. You live in Frankfurt, I think that was once West Germany right? You know maybe I don't know that much about you Tueton folks but West Germany used to be alot like Iraq was now..in terms of destruction. And contractors and American Aid workers(troops, food drop, etc) were significant in helping your stonehearted ass actual eat a meal, rebuild what was destroyed in the Second World War, make sure your women weren't raped by communists in the east part, and when power was out, contractors and American troops helped drop food over your ass so that you don't starve! :hm ....are you gonna light that cigar now, be sure it wasn't dropped from an American aid plane almost 60 years ago.

Before you respond, look at these next few pictures and think.

and let us not forget these.....

http://www.priceless420.com/Pr031703saddam.jpg

you'll like this page too...

http://www.fahs.org/

oh and one more thing, you know that guy Saddam that you are more willing to stick up for rather than the americans....well listen to an eye-witness account of what he did here:

http://www.warroom.com/iraqiwar/firstperson.htm

I can't wait to hear from you again Mikey.

Why

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Here you go. More on what American troops and contractors did for Germany 60 years ago like they are doing for Iraq now.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/specials/9904/nato.timeline/content/02.berlin.airlift.jpg

Had we not controlled were you lived, imagine what the Communists would have done.

PS don't get me started on barbarism.

questionnaire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: a few questions .... Reply with quote

... for you, Mr. Why.

Why did the USA not intervene in Europe when Hitler invaded the Sudetanland or Poland? Why did it keep us Brits supplied with planes and bombs, then goad the Japanese by interfering in its affairs in East Asia?

I'll answer it for you - because it wanted as much destruction in Europe as possible, so its corporations could make billions out of investments made during the Marshall 'Aid' project of reconstructing Europe. It also made billions out of its deals with the reconstructing Japanese economy. What better way to climb out of its worst ever recession in the 1930s?

You've swallowed you own ideology whole. Wake up to reality. Millions of deaths just to keep the corporations in profit, and its still going on.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Iraqis Drag Four Corpses Through Streets.... Reply with quote

Quote:
Why

Hell your German, you know how good it is to see contractors who come to rebuild your country. 60 years aint that long if you think.

Dude, the Germans did rebuild their country alone!!!!!!

All what the Americans did, was to deinstall all functional

industry complexes and shipped them to the U.S. to plunder

formerly unknown technology.

Regarding Iraq and the "just" cause and your few baby pics....

Quote:

Powell: Iraq intelligence flawed

Saturday, April 3, 2004 Posted: 1336 GMT (2136 HKT)

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell says some of his dramatic testimony to the U.N. Security Council weeks before the Iraq war was based on "flawed sources" and appeared not to be "solid."

Need I say more?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: