MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

'Foot in mouth' prize for Rumsfeld

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: 'Foot in mouth' prize for Rumsfeld Reply with quote

Quote:
Monday, December 1, 2003 Posted: 1:26 PM EST (1826 GMT)

LONDON, England (CNN/Reuters) -- A comment last year by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on the hunt for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction was awarded the "Foot in Mouth" prize Monday by Britain's Plain English Campaign.

Rumsfeld, renowned for his uncompromising tough talking, received the prize for the most baffling comment by a public figure.

"Reports that say something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know," Rumsfeld told a news briefing.

"We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

John Lister, spokesman for the campaign, which strives to have public information delivered in clear, straightforward English, said: "We think we know what he means. But we don't know if we really know."

Although Rumsfeld's comments were made at a news briefing in February 2002, they were nominated for this year's award.

Rumsfeld, whose boss, President Bush, is often singled out by language critics for his sometimes unusual use of English, defeated actor-turned-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger for the booby prize.

"I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman," the new California governor said.

Previous holders of the award include U.S. actress Alicia Silverstone and British Chancellor Gordon Brown. Last year's winner was actor Richard Gere.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: 'Foot in mouth' prize for Rumsfeld Reply with quote

well a "wise" man once told me...:hat

:ft

"if you can not amaze them with brilliance. then baffle them with bull @#%$".

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: 'Foot in mouth' prize for Rumsfeld Reply with quote

LOL Every country has some spastic politicians :LOL

However.... I'm so glad not to be Austrian in this case,

because Schwarzenegger's quote is so damned stupid :LOL :D

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Foot in mouth' prize for Rumsfeld Reply with quote

yes but better than living in california :lol atleast it was a complete sentance. (((bless his heart))) now they call him "the governator" cross between "the terminator" and governor.

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Foot in mouth' prize for Rumsfeld Reply with quote

Quote:
However.... I'm so glad not to be Austrian in this case,

because Schwarzenegger's quote is so damned stupid

:ohno Man, I hate it when people get jealous! :bleh

See, we export our "best", its others that take them!:b

And...one more thing...if Arnold, however, succeeds in bringing California back to a reasonable budget, I´m sure some German stations will call him "of German origin" or something like that. Wait for next years "Best German" competition!:ohno

and in the meantime...:g

:popcorn

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Foot in mouth' prize for Rumsfeld Reply with quote

:D :D :D :D :D :D

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: