MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Voices from freed Iraqi citizens
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Voices from freed Iraqi citizens Reply with quote

The other side... (there are different opinions on the street):

Quote:
"This is the destruction of Islam. After all, Iraq is our country. And what about all the women and children who died in the bombing?" said 50-year-old Qassim al-Shamari, a laborer wearing a beige Arab robe.

"We will never allow them to stay. Whatever he [Saddam] has done, he is a Muslim, and we are a Muslim nation," said 33-year-old Ali Al-Obeidi, a store owner.

No, a different type of war has just begun which Bush, Blair and Company will be unable to stop. They have created another Palestine and alienated themselves from the large Muslim world. Abdul Mannan

Sound Of LoMo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Voices from freed Iraqi citizens Reply with quote

:ft true Andre/lomo :colorf

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Voices from freed Iraqi citizens Reply with quote

...comments rushing in also from other arab countries:

Quote:
There may be excited crowds welcoming the Americans in some areas of Baghdad, but for many in the Arab world this is still a black day.

It is not that anyone is mourning the collapse of the regime of Saddam Hussein, but the Americans are still being seen as foreign occupiers.

"It is only the thieves and the looters who are celebrating," said one Islamist lawyer in Cairo. "The Americans have gobbled up an Arab country before our very eyes," he said.

-Heba Saleh, Cairo

I'm in a café that's frequented by Iraqi exiles, and with me there's one exile who's been watching the pictures on Al-Jazeera Television of a man beating a picture of Saddam Hussein with a shoe, and he had tears in his eyes.

Another exile said: "We feel as if we've been let out of prison". But I must say among Jordanians there's a real sense of disbelief. They say: "How is it possible that people defended Basra for two weeks, and Baghdad goes in only two days?"

Another man told me it was the saddest news he'd ever heard, because it opened the door to British and American colonialism throughout the region. He said: "God protect us from what will come".

So very mixed feelings amongst Jordanians and Iraqi exiles, who, while jubilant, are also concerned about what the future now holds, and the current chaos in their country.

Amman :: Caroline Hawley

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Voices from freed Iraqi citizens Reply with quote

Quote:
The USA has declared war on Islam. The USA has perpetrated the worst terrorist crimes against Muslims in Iraq and Palestine.

Al-Watan

Baghdad fell yesterday to the hands of the new Tartars just as it fell to Hulaku (Khan) in 1258 (AD). This momentous event will have great ramifications for the whole region. Free people should not go to sleep while there is inequity or accept occupation.

Al-Watan

We do not believe that the presence of the American forces in Baghdad will be tranquil and without dangers, despite the surprising and inexplicable collapse of the city's defenders.

Al-Quds Al-Arabi

This loathsome war against Iraq is a war in which more bombs and weapons of destruction have been used than before in the history of mankind. It is a war against the Arabs. It is first a war against Arab honour and second a war to change the geographical map of the Arab nation.

Al-Arab al-Alamiyah

It is wrong for the US to use its military muscle and hardware, which was designed for its counterparts in military power, against a small country like Iraq.

Al-Quds

The aggression against Iraq is a violation of international legitimacy and a serious threat to Arab national security.

Al-Thawrah

The hidden agenda of the aggressors against Iraq - as well as the deception of the world community with empty slogans calling for the liberation of Iraq, the dissemination of democracy and subsequent reconstruction - has begun to unravel.

Al-Wafd

Can the destruction of Saddam Hussein's statue... give international legitimacy to a war whose beginning was not clean? Yes, we Arabs deserve what is happening to us... but this is too much for us.

Al-Jamahiriyah

We tell the Iraqi people: Rejoice after Saddam Hussein is gone, despite the fact that we know very well, and they know as well, that from now on we will be under a US wing that is ever in the ascendant.

El Khabar

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Aren't reporters (even amature ones) supposed to remain unbiased? So where are all the quotes from the other side of the fence, Mike?

I guess it's a question of perspective......is the glass half empty, or half full? It's a persons attitude decides the answer more than anything else.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Voices from freed Iraqi citizens Reply with quote

You do a perfect job in showing the other side.

You started more threads and posted more info

from your viewpoint than I did in the last 24 hours.

Keep it coming! I have nothing against it!

It's the purpose of this Forum to share information :)

Let us get a broader picture and draw our conclusions :)

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

This forum serves many, many purposes. One of them IS to share information, I agree.

I am not, nor do I claim to be a reporter.....but I think I have a more neutral view of this whole thing than most people. Yes, I am a patriotic American; and though I did not agree with all of the reasons we went to Iraq, I did (and do) agree with some of them. I also agree (so far) with the outcome: a free Iraq.

While I have nothing at all personally against you Mike, and don't mind any of the pictures you have posted, I have to question the "partiality" of your "reporting" and wonder if there isn't some sort of hidden agenda behind it all.....maybe one that you yourself aren't conciously aware of.

In any event, peace.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Voices from freed Iraqi citizens Reply with quote

It's damned easy...

I am NOT American :)

This doesn't make me a American hater nor

a Hussein-Lover.

I only have another perspective of the war.

Everybody is invited to post here and nobody gets edited,

as long as we don't have personalized problems like

women stalking or overdriven personal attacks/nastyness.

I'm thankful for any information and viewpoints I can see and hear.

It broadens my very own perspective.

I'm willing to learn also.

Social Spit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: "GAME OVER" Reply with quote

:g :g :g :g :g

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: "GAME OVER" Reply with quote

Sound Of LoMo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: "GAME OVER" Reply with quote

:w Seismic Anamoly, the nets biggest and most famous pervert. :toc

WARNING!

Stay clear of him kids, coz this American Seismic guy is a real wierdo! :ft

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: "GAME OVER" Reply with quote

Quote:
"Sound Of Lomo? Yeah, I heard some of that crap, too....DAMN!!

Sound Of LoMo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: "GAME OVER" Reply with quote

WARNING!

Stay clear of him kids, coz this American Seismic guy is a real wierdo!

Social Spit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Oh I get it: Reply with quote

We have ourselves here, folks a RUSSIAN Twat.

"GAME OVER"

Now go back to playing perestroika, jagbreath.

Sound Of LoMo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh I get it: Reply with quote

ANDRE THE WELSH TWAT! THOUGH BEING AMERICAN, YOU PROBABLY HAVN'T HEARD OF WALES.:count

I'm sorry to upset anyone but the attitude of "some" Americans on this board makes me sick, and their ignorance to much to bare. I'm a sensative and caring person and everyone i know here in the UK agrees with me. I don't think you appreciate how many people in the UK are against this war and against OUR DUMBASS PRIME MINISTERS participation. America is becoming the most disliked country on the planet from where we are sitting! THE NEW WORLD ORDER MY ASS!

YOU EGOTISTICAL AMERICAN PATRIOTS ARE BECOMING TO MUCH , AND YOU ARE TRYING TO HARD TO GET OTHER COUNTRIES TO THINK THE SAME AS YOU. WORLD F.U.C.K.I.N.G DOMINATION EH?

:count LoMo Productions :colorf

Edited by: Sound Of LoMo  at: 4/11/03 7:15:50 pm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: