MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Quote:

BY GERSH KUNTZMAN and BILL SANDERSON

THE NEW YORK POST

July 22, 2004

Asinine German cycling fans harassed five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong during yesterday’s grueling ride though the French Alps — two of the “idiots” spat on him, and another chased him.

"I don't think it's safe," said Armstrong, who is on pace to win an unprecedented sixth tour in a row. He called the German fans "horrible" — but said that animosity "just motivates me more. I think it puts a little fuel on the fire."

In a TV interview, he discussed the Germans' "disgusting behavior."

Tour de France director Jean-Marie Leblanc struck an apologetic tone.

"There were lots of aggressive fans," he said, calling the two spitters, "idiots."

Completely Classless.

Kick Ass, Lance.

Quote:

Overall Time Standings through Stage 18

Rank Name Country Team Time

1 Lance ARMSTRONG USA USP 78h 20' 28"

2 Ivan BASSO ITA CSC +04' 09"

3 Andréas KLÖDEN GER TMO +05' 11"

4 Jan ULLRICH GER TMO +08' 08"

5 José AZEVEDO POR USP +10' 41"

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Where is Mike?

All those post views and NO comments? Hypocrites.

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

Edited by: LarreeMP3 at: 7/24/04 15:00
Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Quote:
All those post views and NO comments? Hypocrites.

Two loonies spit on a top sportsman.

Sue them.

Now back to "Politics / WAR-Zone"

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Quote:
Two loonies spit on a top sportsman.

Sue them.

Sad, sad truth is, if this had been a German participating in an event in America and the spitters had been American, the U.N. would be demanding they be prosecuted by the World Court for Human Rights violations. :goofy

:aua

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Quote:
Where is Mike?

In all fairness to him, Larree, unless Mike hired these idiots to spit he has nothing to apologize for on this. Also, since Europeans cross their borders frequently, the spitting idiots could be from any of the countries surrounding Germany. (My guess is France here!)

I do have an analysis of the Euro Amer-envy which I think drives many of them to this and other acts of idiocy like burning down a "McDonald's" restaurant . But it's Sunday morn, I'm relaxing with a cup o' coffee and just starting to enjoy a nice day. I'll save the indepth stuff for a bit later on.....

At any rate, I'd bet that Mike would be among the first to congratulate Armstrong if his own fave cyclist doesn't win.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Other thoughts on this from:

Inside Europe: Iberian Notes

"Lance Armstrong has been taking an incredible amount of abuse this week. As you might have seen, the crowds along the roads have been enormous, barely leaving enough room for the cyclists, and Armstrong publicly blasted Tour management for poor security, saying he was afraid when riding through crowds of aggressive drunken Basque supporters and that he was more disgusted than anything else at the behavior of many drunken German fans. He criticized the record level of poor sportsmanship directed his way, saying he'd never seen it in cycle racing before: he's constantly spit on, insulted, and threatened. Chechu Rubiera, one of Lance's Spanish teammates, said he'd never seen anything like it, either, and that the crowd insults him merely because he's a member of the US Postal team. When Armstrong won yesterday, he was greeted with an enormous chorus of boos and whistles; seems that people, including the incredibly prejudiced Spanish announcers, thought he was arrogant or something for winning three stages in a row. What should he have done, ride less than his best? Throw the race? Let somebody else win? If I were Lance, I'd go out of my way to rip their balls off tomorrow at the individual time trial just to piss them off. I just hope nobody sticks a knife into him."

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

"European Civilization."

Another supreme oxymoron.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Quote:
In all fairness to him, Larree, unless Mike hired these idiots to spit he has nothing to apologize for on this.

I don't want an apology from Mike! I just like to bug him sometimes!

:gl

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Quote:
Seismic Anamoly

Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"European Civilization."

Another supreme oxymoron.

One thing is for sure, Seismic Anamoly is out there to harrass my nationality.

That's what drives him.

He even thinks Lance Armstrong won alone.

The Tour De France is a team sport and without one of his 8 team members giving up own winning possibilities he wouldn't have made it a single time, like nobody in the history of the Tour De France.

As far as German sportsmen are concerned just look how the German drivers Klöden and Ullrich congratulated him:

Since Seismo knows nothing about this sport it seems appropriate to point out what especially French and Spanish people bugs the most about Armstrong:

First his team and Armstrong only train for the Tour De France.

All other drivers there ride different races over the year.

Also there were some things not right how the U.S. postal team tried to use money and influence to make weaker teams acting like "barriers" for the other teams.

Last but not least it is not the spirit of the Tour De France to point somebody out as "the best", "the winner" (those pure American terms) since the Tour De France is a team sport event.

There was finally of course outrage about the fact that the U.S. postal team tried to make the Tour De France a race in between fences because of the "threats" Armstrong faced.

I mean if Bush is making the USA a enemy and evil country in the eyes of the rest of the world, then Americans should think twice if they can stand threats in countries outside the U.S. and stay at home. At least this is how the rest of the cycling world sees that and the Tour De France is not an American sport in the first place and nobody will support to change anything for this event just because American safety and "threat" paranoids are showing up. This also means that nobody wanted to have the American flag shoved in their eyes over and over. European cyclists usually wave their team flags but not their country flags.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Quote:
European cyclists usually wave their team flags but not their country flags.

But...our flag IS our team flag!

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Quote:
But...our flag IS our team flag!

?

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

This is what is simply INAPPROPRIATE at the Tour De France and feels disgusting on European soil especially in these times:

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: IDIOT GERMANS HARASS ARMSTRONG Reply with quote

Quote:

One thing is for sure, Seismic Anamoly is out there to harrass my nationality.

That's what drives him.

:seismo

Aww, Mike...don't take it so hard...

....it's just that you set such a beautiful example from your old posts at the MP3.com forums, here, and elsewhere on the web for me to follow where MY nationality is concerned, it was only natural. Anyone who has read them knows that.

I just watched The Master in action and followed his lead.

And you know....what goes around, comes around.

You're a fairly good teacher.

And an excellent hypocrite.

"America" = referring to a country founded primarily by Europeans.

"Uncivilized" = as previously stated, founded primarily by Europeans.

Quote:

.....saying he was afraid when riding through crowds of aggressive drunken Basque supporters and that he was more disgusted than anything else at the behavior of many drunken German fans. He criticized the record level of poor sportsmanship directed his way, saying he'd never seen it in cycle racing before: he's constantly spit on, insulted, and threatened.

When Armstrong won yesterday, he was greeted with an enormous chorus of boos and whistles; seems that people, including the incredibly prejudiced Spanish announcers, thought he was arrogant or something for winning three stages in a row.

We get it honestly.

:thumb :bcool :thumb

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Oh Seismo, get that right.

My country doesn't wage wars every single month of the year.

I think I was reading in the last two days alone threats from the U.S. directed towards Sudan and North-Korea.

Looks like the U.S. are increasing the frequency.

So you have to excuse me that I use every single possibility to point out that the USA stand for war, destruction and the ongoing killing of people paired with gungho/bruhaha from flag-waving patriots all over.

I do not think that you can say anything of the above of my country or any western European country since 1945.

Indeed the founding fathers of the USA mainly were from Europe. Mostly adventurers, treasure hunters, criminals and foremost religious fundamentalists/extremists (i.e. Amish, Jehova's and alike).

Europe gave up long ago to order this mess and how the USA look today has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with European value, culture and influence.

I think. :)

Hey, really you should perform a reality check to understand better the rift between Europe and the USA. Just take your news... in no country in the world I know the words "threat", "attack", "shot", "shot in the head", "killed", "terrorist", "safety", "security measures", "tightened security", "homeland security", "patriots", "brave soldiers", "insurgents", "suspects", "arrest", "propelled grenades", "jailed", "execution" (make that 200 more) occur sometimes 20 fold in a single U.S. news article on a ordinary working day, weekends and christmas included.

Compare that to any available European news service and you understand better ho wdifferent the mindsets are today.

Not to speak of the incredible irksome display of the American flag in all sizes, on all materials incl. birthday cakes and baby diapers 24/7.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Quote:
So you have to excuse me...

No.........I don't. :D

Quote:
Not to speak of the incredible irksome display of the American flag in all sizes, on all materials incl. birthday cakes and baby diapers 24/7.

Such excitable dialog.....really bugs the HELL outta you, don't it?? :aua

And to think.........if the Little Corporal hadn't attacked Russia.......no Larree, no Seismo to pester or impede you......

Your Granddaddy woulda been Proud.

Ahh, well.

:bcool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: