MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Today's Statement: Terrorism is best defeated...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Today's Statement: Terrorism is best defeated... Reply with quote

Terrorism is best defeated through isolating militants from their claimed constituency, demonstrating the shameful and counterproductive nature of their methods, and if possible, addressing the grievances upon which they feed. Terrorist campaigns will peter out if they are prevented from gaining funds or are continually thwarted in their efforts to mount attacks.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: I agree with you 100%... Reply with quote

...and I would vote for you for world leader...IF you tell me that we're still friends.

:kiss

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today's Statement: Terrorism is best defeated... Reply with quote

"Terrorist campaigns will peter out if they are prevented from gaining funds or are continually thwarted in their efforts to mount attacks. "

interesting you said this chris. prez bush said the same thing in his "state of the union" speech last winter.

something like "the usa will cut off funds from terrorist organizations and those who fund them"

if saddam funded terrorists and we take him out then that cuts funds. if we use his oil so the usa and other countries are not dependant on saudi arabia's oil as well as other countries then they loose money and can not fund terrorists them selves.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

why is the US so dependent on oil at all? Why have two cars per family - why not improve public transport, get rid of all those gas guzzling SUVs, or cycle or walk, and lose some weight in the process?? Or increase funding for researching other [cleaner] energy sources?

Why make some other nation suffer for your life's conveniences?

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

why is the US so dependent on oil at all?

because the extreeme environmentalists/liberals will not let oil companies drill for oil innnn places like the pacific ocean off the coast of californina and the alaska wilderness.

Why have two cars per family -

because taxes are so high in america both the husband and wife have to work. although my wife and i only have one. however we do not have children and that makes da difference.

why not improve public transport,

america is a very spread out country unlike hong kong and most of europe. public transportation often times costs more than private cars. also, the liberal environmentalist do not want to build more light rails (above ground subways)

get rid of all those gas guzzling SUVs,

in spite of what you think very few americans have a "gas guzzling" suv. for probably the last 10 years the number 1 and 2 cars sold in america is the honda accord and toyota camry. in fact, the main purchasers of an suv are women. who da thunk it??? however since the philosophy of america is "land of freedom" if a person can afford an suv it is their right. besides an suv generally is a safer vehicle than a mini cooper and that is a concern for adults with children.

or cycle or walk, with america being spread out. in the washington d.c. area it is not uncommen for people to have to commute 2 hours to work cycling and walking is not feesable. although besides that americans should eat less "fast food" like mcdonalds.

and lose some weight in the process??

Or increase funding for researching other [cleaner] energy sources?

the american taxpayers should not have to "fund" research for cleaner energy sources. that is the job for private companies. if they discover/create an engine that is better then the internal combustion typpe used in vehicles they will make lots of money selling this technology. in fact since honda and toyota sell more cars in america than us car makers, why not have the japanese government force them since they are japanese companies to do that. however, slowly they are both companies have introduced hybrid gas/electric cars.

Why make some other nation suffer for your life's conveniences?

who are we making suffer? however if you mean the iraqies that is kind of funny. after they way saddam killed and tortured them and everything else would n't you agree they are suffering less now. besides, he pretty much kept all the oil money for himself keeping the people impoverished. as the iraqi oil business turns around their standard of living willl drastically go up.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

on a side note.... families used to buy cars called station wagans. the liberals in the govt started imposing gas user limits on cars. i can not remeber what they call it exactly, but they made cars get better gass milage. so us car makers had to start introducing smaller cars and stopped making statiion wagons to boost the average gas milage on the cars. the suv is often based on a truck chassis/platform. minivans are nor really safe so the logical choice to safely replace station wagons is the suv. don't blame the people blame the liberal politicians who caused tois situation.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

"the american taxpayers should not have to "fund" research for cleaner energy sources. "

but you dont mind funding Israel's terrorism and the war in Iraq??

:seismo

Your arguments are not arguments. They are EXCUSES. Excuses for a nation of superior military might to exploit the have nots.

complete bs.

byeeeeeeeeeee

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL Reply with quote

i still do not see it that way. and no the govt. should not. besides there are private individuals trying anyway. and if they can not why waste tax dollars? if they do they get rich...

exploiting have nots? people who have not the power to overthrough or perhaps vote saddam out?

as laree said if the hammas etc. would quit killing innocent isreali civilians isreal would stop. yes it is unfortunant "innocent" palistinians get killed, but when it is civilians who kill isrealies then the isrealies do not know which civilians are guilty. if other palistinians get killed besides the terrorists the isrealies are going after then perhaps the palistinians should toss out the terrorists themselves.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

Quote:

because the extreeme environmentalists/liberals will not let oil companies drill for oil innnn places like the pacific ocean off the coast of californina and the alaska wilderness.

Would the US demand for oil suddenly change because someone set up a thousand drillingplatforms in Alaska?

You fail to understand the core of the question.

Quote:
because taxes are so high in america both the husband and wife have to work.

Hmmm. I thought taxes were pretty low in the US. Do both have to work due to too high taxes or due to a too low average salary, I wonder?

Quote:
the american taxpayers should not have to "fund" research for cleaner energy sources.

I agree. Fact is there are enough industry funded research to go around regarding the energy area. That doesn't help much when the government set a decree to expand with mainly fossile fuel energyplants (see qoute #1).

Quote:
on a side note.... families used to buy cars called station wagans. the liberals in the govt started imposing gas user limits on cars. i can not remeber what they call it exactly, but they made cars get better gass milage. so us car makers had to start introducing smaller cars and stopped making statiion wagons to boost the average gas milage on the cars. the suv is often based on a truck chassis/platform. minivans are nor really safe so the logical choice to safely replace station wagons is the suv. don't blame the people blame the liberal politicians who caused tois situation.

I wouldn't blame the liberal politicians here but the carmanufacturer that could not develope new technology fast enough, better engines getting better gas milage, etc.

There are manufacturers that have cut emission and increased the gas milage considerably over some years with new technology on the same carseries.

So it's a safety issue? I could have a crash in the car and be better off with a big SUV, is that it?

Imagine a liberal govt in the near future imposing gas user limits on SUVs. Will you all be driving TRUCKS then?:eyebrow

If I was a US citizen and kept worrying about carsafety, how much would I then be worrying about handguns!!

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

:wgrin you are too funny. gotta run for now.

not scared of hand guns. i keep a loaded shotgun close to the bed. 20 inch barrel 12 guage 3 inch magnum #1 rat shot to blind them if they keep coming #2 double aught (00)buskshot #3 shell a friend loaded with nickles to cut them in half back to 00 and 5 dear slug. yes i removed the plug in magazine.:banana

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

Did you order your TRUCK yet? :bday

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

i'll try to answer this although it is getting too long to remember who said what.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would the US demand for oil suddenly change because someone set up a thousand drillingplatforms in Alaska?

You fail to understand the core of the question.

noope, but it would decrease the us dependancy on middle east tyrant lead countries. my point being is if arab countries do not sell oil then they can not afford to fund terrorist organizations.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

because taxes are so high in america both the husband and wife have to work.

Hmmm. I thought taxes were pretty low in the US. Do both have to work due to too high taxes or due to a too low average salary, I wonder?

nope too high taxes. kind of to much for here but study last 100 years of presidents and see how much democrats raised taxes to buy votes and redistribute the wealth among the citizens.

the american taxpayers should not have to "fund" research for cleaner energy sources.

I agree. Fact is there are enough industry funded research to go around regarding the energy area. That doesn't help much when the government set a decree to expand with mainly fossile fuel energyplants (see qoute #1).

i do not understand what you are saying here.

Did you order your TRUCK yet?

no i have an suv. a 4 whell drive chevy surburban in fact

here is a link

www.chevrolet.com/suburban/index.html

yes i have the 8.1 litre v8 engine, it is about 2 years old.:banana

<<

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

one of the great things about this surburban is i added gun rtacks on both sides and a full carcus rack for large animals which i always eat on the roof.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

Quote:
my point being is if arab countries do not sell oil then they can not afford to fund terrorist organizations.

Terrorist cells are probably the cheapest kind of combat units.

Funders could afford to keep them afloat if sand was the income source.

Lets scroll back to what I was interrested in:

US net import of oil is and has been increasing for a considerable time.

37% in 1980

42% in 1990

55% in 2002

Forecast for 2025 is 68% (Alaska and other domestic sources already counted into the equation as exploited domestic oil. In other words: there is oil in Alaska, but certainly not enough to make a difference. It amount to peanuts in comparison with the total demand and what can be expected through a full exploitation. i.o.w. Peanut-oil. :eyebrow ).

I see a trend here that not exactly coincides with your wishes.

Quote:
because taxes are so high in america

nope too high taxes

Huh?? First you say the taxes are so high that both have to work, then you say taxes are not high (but I should study US history of taxes the recent 100 years in general and the democrat presidents tax policy in particular..I think I'll pass.. for now. I might take a look on it when I understand what it is you want to say). I wish you'd make up your mind.

Quote:
i do not understand what you are saying here.

Did you order your TRUCK yet?

no i have an suv. a 4 whell drive chevy surburban in fact

It was a joke. Since you complained that gas user limits were imposed on Station Wagons and therefore people got themselves SUVs instead (since minivans was not safe enough) I asked if it was a safety issue and "I could have a crash in the car and be better off with a big SUV, is that it"?

Then, I asked this:

"Imagine a liberal govt in the near future imposing gas user limits on SUVs. Will you all be driving TRUCKS then?"

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: so it is about the oil? Reply with quote

it was a typo yes taxes are too high. kind of strange all the rich liberals who want (i caould name some) suv's outlawed ride in streach liomos.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: