MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Prisons - Jail - etc.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Prisons - Jail - etc. Reply with quote

I was reading a very interesting article about prisons in USA compared to the prisons in Europe. In the States apparently criminals have rights - to good food, education, TV, exercise etc. And the re-entry rates is 86% as it's so LOVELY in prison and outside of jail, former jail-birds are shown bias etc. And elsewhere (not in this article) I remember reading about men in jail appearing in music videos and getting famous? Can someone tell me if that's correct.

Whereas in France, the criminals have their freedom curtailed and DON'T get rights like watching TV etc. In fact the prisons are so tough that only 1% of criminals re-commit crimes after a jail term.

I was reading this article cause I have a friend in jail at the moment - due to drugs - and I thought it was the best thing that could happen to him - his freedom is curtailed. But he's now got a place to live (he couldn't keep a job due to his drug addiction) and 3 meals a day. The only thing that will probably motivate him is the fact that he can score drugs OUTSIDE of prison. Yet I have heard from others that prison is a good place to score drug contacts....

Also I know that in UK and USA - a man is 100% going to be raped by other men - to me that is enough reason NEVER EVER to go to jail..... gross.....

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Agression Reply with quote

This morning there was a very interesting documentary on TV about behavioural psychologists attempting to modify aggressive behaviours of inmates - a succeeding in the rehabilitation.

I sometimes wonder how the Enron guys are faring, and how long they'll stay there.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Agression Reply with quote

Are they in jail in USA? They've probably got cable TV and Internet access........

|Talk Soup |

memphis mike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Agression Reply with quote

normally and unfairly the 'white collar' criminal has been confined with others of his kind in "special" low security prisons, somewhat similar to country clubs. the Enron guys are probably coping just fine.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Agression Reply with quote

Country club? Sounds tough

|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: The enron guys are coping just fine Reply with quote

That's why I was asking. I even wrote a song called "hard labour" (a redone pay the price), but apparently it was sheer naivete.

:g

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Prison should be hell. Reply with quote

Let's get back to chopping rocks.

memphis mike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Prison should be hell. Reply with quote

the reason for all this is due entirely to leftist bleeding heart liberals(the Democrats)--they are the ones soft on crime and God forbid don't impede on a rapists rights. As far as I'm concerned, their rights go down the toilet as soon as they commit a crime....prisoner's have good medical care, 3 meals a day, most don't have to work, they have all the time in the world to file frivilous lawsuits, they have access to drugs,,etc.

but what it all comes down to is "it's a nasty place" and your life is not worth a penny to anyone in there. I do not believe in prison for drug users, I do for drug pushers...Our jails are made up of a large part of illegal aliens...so there you go, the average working man/woman has trouble getting good medical care while we offer it up free to the illegals that fill our jails.

Once again 'bleeding heart liberal democrats'.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Prison should be hell. Reply with quote

Exactly. The bleeding heart liberal democrats are the ones who turned prison into Summer camp.

Re-elect Bush in 2004

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Prison should be hell. Reply with quote

I agree prison should be hell.

Is it possible to show the authorities how much $$ is spent vainlessly on criminals who prefer a pampered life in prison as opposed to hard graft in the real world? Can these 'cushy' privileges be taken away? I think rapists, murderers, child molestors should be punished.

|Talk Soup |

memphis mike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Prison should be hell. Reply with quote

even prisons have their own morals, child molesters do not fare well in prison...prison is by no means cushy, although they do have the medical attention and some have TV priviliges rhe fact is all your neighbors are murderer's and rapist and theives. Everyone here is well aware of how well the prisoners have it...don't think our thoughts on this are not vocalized. It is a hugh 'bone of contention' in the US...victim's rights as opposed to the crimials rights...

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Prison should be hell. Reply with quote

Which 'group' gets more? I've often wondered about that. You know like rape victims get treated very badly.....

|Talk Soup |

memphis mike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Prison should be hell. Reply with quote

yes, a female rape victim's whole past is paraded in front of the public..to show that "she asked for it".....

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

The whole idea of prison (IMHO) should be as a deterrent. It shouldn't be about rehabilitation because studies show that without the proper motivation it is a waste of money and time. If prison was "hell", there would be fewer, in my opinion, who would be willing to do again whatever brought them there in the first place. I do believe in programs that help ex-cons find jobs once they're out......help them help themselves so they don't find they're way back in.

I think these "Country Clubs" need to be abolished.......there should be no "class" when it comes to prison. Same reasoning as above.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

the food is extreemly bad.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: