MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

German MEP brands Italy 'racist'

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: German MEP brands Italy 'racist' Reply with quote

i have no problem with protecting my shores from illegal immagrants. it is against usa law as well as other countries to drive a boat to shore, climb off and expect to be allowed to live there. we have immagration laws. they may be crazy, criminals or have infectious deseases. if they want to immagrate to usa do it legally or not at all. fire some shots across the bow of their boat and they wiil stop. if they do not fire some more and the passengers will make them stop.

protecting borders is not necessarily racist.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: German MEP brands Italy 'racist' Reply with quote

Quote:
A German politician whose clash with the Italian prime minister set off a diplomatic row has labelled the Italian Government "racist".

Martin Schulz was compared earlier this month by Silvio Berlusconi to a Nazi concentration camp guard - sparking a major exchange of insults between politicians and media in both countries.

Now, in an interview with Germany's XXP television, Mr Schulz has reignited the row as it showed signs of dying down.

He condemned reported proposals by an Italian minister that coastguards should fire on boats bringing illegal immigrants to the country.

"This is the second point that we have to watch - that, quite simply, a racist government is in office in Italy," Mr Schulz said.

Mr Schulz originally angered Mr Berlusconi by heckling him in the European Parliament him about legislation that provided him with immunity from prosecution, and led to the suspension of a bribery trial.

His tactics prompted Mr Berlusconi's "Nazi" jibe.

In the row which followed, Italian tourism minister Stefano Stefani described German tourists as "hyper-nationalistic blondes", prompting Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder to cancel a holiday in Italy.

Mr Stefani resigned at the end of last week after fears that thousands of German tourists might join the chancellor's boycott.

He said he had not been referring to all Germans - only those "like Mr Schulz".

The comment that coastguards should fire on immigrant boats was allegedly made by Mr Berlusconi's coalition partner, Umberto Bossi, head of the far-right Northern League, although he later said he had been misquoted.

Mr Stefani is also a member of the Northern League.

(Berlusconi angered Germany with Nazi jibe)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: German MEP brands Italy 'racist' Reply with quote

Here in Hong Kong, we've had many many years of illegal immigrants leaving China/Vietnam for better lives. We used to house them (70s - 80s) then made it illegal and basically these days, those who are caught are shipped back to where they came from. I'm sure you've all read about the tragedy of those who hide away on ships and die horrible deaths. On the other hand, there are many legal alternatives to come and live here (for people from mainland China)

I don't think you should shoot on these people. 'Illegal immigrant' is only a concept - why are humans not allowed to travel in so many countries?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: German MEP brands Italy 'racist' Reply with quote

I DID NOT SAY SHOOT ON THESE PEOPLE oops damn caps key...

i said shoot across the bow of the boat as in a warning shot.

these people are allowed to visit usa, but they do not want to visit they want to move here illegally. they could come on a boat and go through customs, but no they want to bypass customs illegally. yes i feel bad for people who suffer, but no country has the obligation nor can it afford to let every poor person from any country move here and be supported by tax dollars paid by citizens of that country.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: