MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

July 4th

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Happy 4th! Reply with quote

Before I run out to view fireworks I just wanna say ROCK & ROLL everybody!

I think I'm gonna write some new patriotic songs for the Bush re-election campaign!

memphis mike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: July 4th Reply with quote

The USA thanks you all for the wonderful birthday card.....

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy 4th! Reply with quote

I thought I'll congratulate the US to it's ID on this BB when its citizen-BB-regulars start congratulate Sweden for 6th of June [1523]. :bcool

You missed this years, btw :stress

Nevertheless, I congratulate the US to its independence from the British Empire. Cheers to France for helping a country in dire need.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: also Reply with quote

Hong Kong's was on the 1st of July... the day we marched.

India's is on August 15th...did anyone know that? And

memphis mike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: also Reply with quote

Great, It's nice to know about every country,,my comment was mainly sarcasm based the obsession with info on America that seems to reside in the minds of outsiders. Once again, everything starts at the community level..

memphis mike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: also Reply with quote

We Americans are so arrogant, that most believe all of you study American History in school,,,I assume you learn as much about your country and it's heritage in your schools as we do about our country.....1523, I had no idea, that's a long time for any country to have a stable foundation. I am always interested in the Eastern Indian culture,, it seems so rich and diverse. Here in the US, we tend to think of other countries being made up of the haves and the have nots.

We have a large middle class--does your country have a middle class...I do know of the richness of music and art that India has gien to the world,,,,plus, you sure can spit out a lot of movies,,,lol...I also have much interest in Hong Kong, it is such an old city...I am quite concerned for the future of its citizens though as i find it hard to believe that Red China is going to let it continue to exist as it is now....how did most of you feel when you became under the control of Communist China?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: also Reply with quote

HK isn't really old - it's newer than USA! Apparently! The British described it as a barren rock when they took over - which doesn't explain how they've found caveman stuff on Lamma Island (where I live!) The British signed a lease with China in 1847 for 150 years.

I was actually looking forward to being under Chinese rule.

The British were good here. The freedom we have is because of it - seperate passports, travel restrictions etc. The major outward difference was that our local Government was now led by a Chinese man rather than a white guy :eek

The British decided even though HK had helped them build up their coffers that they couldn't afford to give passports to HK people ended up giving us a third rate passport called a BNO (British National Overseas) - the only place we can go on it visa-free is the UK but we can't live there or work there! I actually switched to a HKSAR passport which is a Chinese passport (only those with 'Chinese blood') can have it. It's a great passport!!

I had great arguments with people (including my Chinese Mum!) about HK and Tibet - HK should be autonomous but Tibet is DEFINITELY a part of China - used to make me laugh so much!

I digress - we are a 'Separate Adminstrative Region' with different laws to mainland China - the so-called 'One Country, Two Systems' so we are not communist (but then nor is China really.......)

Now what is it you wanted to know???

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: also Reply with quote

Quote:
We Americans are so arrogant, that most believe all of you study American History in school

Most of us have. The thinnest book in the shelf :D j/k

Quote:
1523, I had no idea, that's a long time for any country to have a stable foundation.

Not counting the numerous medieval wars, the union wars, etc

Liberationwar 1521-1523

Enemy: Denmark

The feud of counts 1534-1536

Enemy: Lübeck

Russian war of Gustav Vasa 1554-1557

Enemy: Russia

Nordic 7th year war 1563-1570

Enemy: Denmark, Lübeck & Poland

Livlands War 1570-1583

First Ingermansland War 1590-1595

Polish War 1600-1629

Enemy: Poland

Second Ingermansland War 1610-1617

Kalmar War 1611-1613

Thirty Year War 1628-1648

Enemy: Austria, Catholicism etc.

Torstensson War 1643-1645

Nordic War 1655-1661

Enemies: Poland, Denmark etc..

Bremer War 1654 & 1666

Enemy: Bremen

Choonen War 1674-1679

Enemy: Denmark etc.

Big Nordic War 1700-1721

Enemy: Russia etc.

Russian War of the Hats 1741-1743

Pommerian War 1757-1762

Enemy: Preussen

War of Gustav III 1788-1790

Enemy: Russia & Denmark

First Napoleon War 1805-1810

Enemy: France & Denmark

Finnish War 1808-1809

Second Napoleon War 1813-1814

Enemy: France & Denmark

Last war fought in 1814, liberating Norway from the Napoleonally Denmark.

memphis mike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: also Reply with quote

no society is totally or truely communist or democratic--and I understand HK has been pretty much left to it's capatalistic ways, but I would still be aware that that can now change overnight and China has not always 'let things slide' for economic reasons. China's doesn't score well in the 'human rights' area....I'd say, just don't get complacent...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: