MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

France desecrates graves of Brit war dead

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: France desecrates graves of Brit war dead Reply with quote

This is a new low - even for France! No wonder 1/3 of France openly support Saddam and the death squads;

French smear Brit dead

By SIMON HUGHES

SICK French yobs daubed a swastika and vile anti-war slurs at a cemetery for 11,000 British troops.

The showpiece cenotaph at the graveyard in Northern France was smeared in red paint with the words: “Dig up your rubbish. It’s fouling our soil.”

Other slogans at the Etaples cemetery near Boulogne included “Death to the Yankees” and “Saddam Hussein will win and spill your blood.”

And the vandals wrote “Rosbeefs go home” — the French insult for Brits is roast-beefs. Prime Minister Tony Blair and US President George Bush were also branded war criminals.

The graffiti was discovered by a shocked gardener and spotted by around 80 visitors. It was cleaned off the same day.

Roy Hemmington — spokesman for the Commonwealth War Graves Commission — said: “We are deeply offended. This is the strongest language and most vile graffiti I have witnessed at a war graves cemetery.

“The suggestion that the bodies of soldiers who died for France should be dug up is particularly foul.”

Most soldiers buried at the cemetery were defending France at the Somme and Ypres during World War I.

Another 122 are troops who died fighting the Nazis in World War II.

Among the dead are a winner of the Victoria Cross, 217 holders of the Military Medal and 69 holders of the Military Cross.

A number had been awarded France’s top military decoration, the Legion d’Honneur.

Roy added: “Almost every British regiment has war dead here. This insults just about the entire British Army.”

Anti-British feeling has been whipped up in France since President Jacques Chirac refused to let the UN back action against Iraq.

Last night Jim Kelleher, chief clerk to the Royal Fusiliers Association, said: “No sane person would do this. It is a disgrace. I have family buried in France and if I could get my hands on whoever did this I’d bury them too.”

Jeremy Lillies, of the Royal British Legion, added: “It is distressing.”

The Sun’s Military Adviser Major-General Perkins said: “It is despicable.”

Appalled local MP Jacques Lang said: “It is an attack on the memory of the British and American soldiers who contributed to the liberation of our soil.”

Police captain Thibault Martin added: “It is sick and cowardly.”

The shocking news comes as a new poll reveals that a third of the French want SADDAM to win the war.

A massive 78 per cent of 1,000 people in the poll by French newspaper Le Monde disapproved of the Allied action.

But 16 per cent “really wish for” a Coalition victory — while 37 per cent said they would prefer one.

www.thesun.co.uk/article/...99,00.html

note the German Nazi swastika - France really has forgotten what the Brits saved them from:

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: This is so sick Reply with quote

Ugh.

This is shameful and beyond redemption.

Sick.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: France desecrates graves of Brit war dead Reply with quote

There are yobs in every country.

By giving this particular group of yobs media attention is giving them what they want, isn't it?

It's hardly reflected of every French person in the world......

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: France desecrates graves of Brit war dead Reply with quote

Quote:

This title is a bit fantastic. Someone, maybe a couple of people, most likely but no conclusively of French heritage desecrated a grave.

Read all about ME!

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: France desecrates graves of Brit war dead Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
France really has forgotten what the Brits saved them from

1) Desecration of graves are to be dealt with.

2) SIMON HUGHES obviously has forgotten how to write (if he ever knew how to).

This is a triple sad post.

A. The desacration

B. Simon Hughes

C. Ron "This is a new low - even for France!"

Quote:
Prime Minister Tony Blair and US President George Bush were also branded war criminals.

Aha!

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: France desecrates graves of Brit war dead Reply with quote

Quote:
Prime Minister Tony Blair and US President George Bush were also branded war criminals.

Should we read this as 'Americans are War Criminals!'? :)

Read all about ME!

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: France desecrates graves of Brit war dead Reply with quote

You're forgetting the entire United Kingdom, NRK ;) :lol

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: France desecrates graves of Brit war dead Reply with quote

Oh yeah! Blair acts so much like an American politician I often forget, ;) !

Read all about ME!

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: France desecrates graves of Brit war dead Reply with quote

Quote:
2) SIMON HUGHES obviously has forgotten how to write (if he ever knew how to).

This is a triple sad post.

A. The desacration

B. Simon Hughes

C. Ron "This is a new low - even for France!"

I look at the particular article and it becomes clear that it is not Mr Simon Hughes that cannot write, but our own Ron that has been putting words into the mouth of Mr Hughes by practising the most awkward quotationtechnique ever.. no quotation at all.

I apologize to Mr Simon Hughes.

Thus above is a double sad post.

A. The desacration

B. Ron "This is a new low - even for France!"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: