MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

Gene Simmons is re-starting his label, Simmons Records. He says he's looking for 20-30 year-old talent. Send demos to Simmons Records, Box 15097, Beverly Hills, CA, 90210.

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

realfathertime

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

He's the bassplayer for Kiss with the really long tongue. A real ladies man, he says. ha ha

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

OH! Thanks Fathertime. I was getting him confused with an actor..... hahahahha So is this a 'viable' option for artists to do? Would he be interested in Jane Eliz? Or even little old me?!?!? :laugh

|

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

then who is this guy?

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

This guy can slick down his eyebrows with his tongue....

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

My goodness, Chris! I was also surprised :bigeyes to read in another thread that you didn't know who Buddy Holly was!!

(BTW, when ya catch the Stones they might play a tune or two of Buddy's - they did a great cover of "Not Fade Away".)

Really should lend you my music collection, hahaahaaa!

--ron--

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

I can't possibly imagine what Gene would be looking for in terms of music. Being a 'rocker' his whole life I would guess that's where he would stay, but he's also produced a ton of records, so who knows. Of course it couldn't hurt to send something if you have the contact, :) .

Read all about ME!

Shauna Skye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

Chris were you being humorous saying you didn't know who Gene was? I am guessing you're close to my age. When I was a small girl Kiss were the most popular thing since sliced bread. Over here the identity of Kiss members were like a household name. Even most old people could tell you which one was Gene and which one was Ace. Maybe this is different depending on where you lived at time. Where did you grow up?

Shauna Skye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

Chris, if you rent movies you MUST rent "Detroit Rock City." It is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time, and it will give you a crash course in Kiss too. hahaha

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

Shauna! I grew up in Hong Kong! Punk never happened here! hahahahahaha And all we got was the Top 40 from the States which is rather embarrassing really... My brother got into the Clash, Sex Pistols etc. so I got to hear a lot of them. Then I started dating musicians and boy were my ears opened!! :wgrin

It's funny with Thinking Out Loud, the guys will play a song and then they look at me and I'm like - did you write that? hahahahaha And it turns out to be an AC/DC number or Slade or zillions of these other bands that I forget the names of now........ However the upside is they DIDN'T know who Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit etc. were :banana

|

Shauna Skye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

So how old were you when you started getting interested in music to play guitar?

When I was in highschool one of my best friends had just moved to the USA. Her family was from India but she had lived all over the world since her father was a ship's captain. They had British teachers so she had this lovely English accent. Anyway, she had never been exposed to rock music at all, with the exception of Abba. She had also heard Pink Floyd "once or twice" but that was about it.

Of course it became my mission in life to expose her to all the rock music she had been missing for fourteen years. She never did get into music like I did, but I do believe she was really amused by me anyway. :)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

I started playing the guitar twice! hahahaha Once when I was 10, I learnt "Michael rows the boat ashore" and got really pissed off....

Then when I started dating musicians I wanted to get involved and they used to jam a lot but not write/sing any lyrics, so I started doing that, plus I usually drummed for the guys as the drummer never turned up - hahahaha In fact I was the first drummer for Sisters of Sharon - we played our debut gig in front of 500 people and I was drumming. I got given an acoustic guitar after that gig (Was it a big hint?!?!?!) and wrote 5 songs and decided being up-front was far more exciting :banana

And I got into NIRVANA when I started playing the guitar hahahahahahahahahaha

And I had a friend JUST like you who was constantly bringing albums around and telling me what I should listen to. She had very good taste cause I listened to Jane's Addiction, The Pixies, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Cure, The Smiths etc. I got an all round music education from her around 10 years ago but she didn't play any stuff before the 80's!!! WHO KNOWS??!?!

Can you believe until last year I've never heard a Grateful Dead track? And I don't want to hear any more :wgrin

|

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: The Grateful Dead... Reply with quote

...was the best live band ever. I have seen them in concert over 300 times. You obviously need to listen to a lot more Grateful Dead.

Shauna Skye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Who the hell is Gene Simmons?!?!?! Reply with quote

Wow Chris, you can drum? I find it difficult. Anyone who can play drums has my respect.

I started out on bass when I was 14. I wanted to be a rock star and thought it would be easier to learn since it only had four strings. (haha) My friend had a regular guitar I was always grabbing her guitar and playing with it, and this would annoy her. Anyway, we went to this midnight showing of Led Zeppelin's "The Song Remains the Same" and once I saw Jimmy Page playing guitar I never would touch my bass after that.

I inherited a Gibson SG and my strength lies in writing songs. I'm a pretty good rhythmn guitar player. I have taken a couple of piano lessons but never enjoyed keyboards and didn't have the knack for it like guitar. So guitar is my only instrument.

As for the Greatful Dead I first heard them when a video came on MTV. I saw the name "Greatful Dead" and was expecting something that would rock. but to my teenage ears they sounded like a country and western band and I hated them with a passion. So I'm with you on that one. :lol

Recently, however, a track by the Dead came on and I didn't hate it as much as I did then. I am not a fan by any means, but maybe I've lightened up since I've gotten older.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:12 am    Post subject: The Dead were totally rockin' live. Reply with quote

And very jazzy, too. Pure improv. The best.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: