MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

is Java down or is it just me?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: is Java down or is it just me? Reply with quote

the whole site has been down since yesterday. Is it only me??? :(

bummer

cheers

debbie

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: is Java down or is it just me? Reply with quote

You're not alone........... :)

No go.......

Servers down.....

MIKE

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: is Java down or is it just me? Reply with quote

Debbie - why don't you upload Mother to your 1sound page? I REALLY WANT TO HEAR IT!!!!

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: 1Sound Reply with quote

Thanks Mike for that, whew, I thought someone else was pxxxed of with me!

Chris! I dont have a 1Sound page! I havent even explored how to get one. I have so many OMD pages I've lost count, and I dont have time to manage them all.

I'm still not 100% happy with Mother, some backing bits and the job I did with the recording (I've been having stomach problems and this is affecting my breathing). Will redo it in HK shortly and some of the backing - but this recording will DEFINITELY give you a flavour.

I have to go into surgery in about a month - I seem to have chronic appendicitis and God knows what else so they will do a laparoscopy and appendectomy at the same time. What a pain in the xxx.

Talk to you soon, cheers

:w

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: 1Sound Reply with quote

It's free at 1sound, the only good thing about it is that once you upload the link appears almost instantly. Apart from that I don't promote or do anything with the 1sound page - like you say - who's got time to promote all these OMDs?!?!?

SURGERY?!?! NO! Oh man! That sounds serious! I'll give you a call later - you sure you've not got an immaculate conception or something?!?!?!!??!

|

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Immaculate Conception? Reply with quote

You crack me up girl! hahahahahahahahaha

I am not at all looking forward to surgery. I've never ever had surgery before, not even dental. The prospect of GA and knives does not appeal at all. ugh.

Anyway, we gotta do what we gotta do or we'll be wandering around like a bear with a sore stomach for months on end.

OK, I will experiment with 1sound. It doesnt look like java is having any luck with their servers. Sigh.

Cheers, talk to ya soon.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Immaculate Conception? Reply with quote

I'll give you a call soon. I've been gassing on the phone to a tall man :banana

|

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Immaculate Conception? Reply with quote

Whoops! Realised you are probably having a band practice then maybe to the Wanch? hhahahahaa :banana

|

Bobby Bensley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Immaculate Conception? Reply with quote

I spoke with a friend who still works for Java last night. He said that they anticipate being down for at least a week. They are appearently working over the code for the site which had become quite bloated and redundant after going through the hands of several differnet programers over the course of 3 years.

Hopefully they will come back leaner and meaner then ever before. I have my personal thoughts on the prospects of this but will keep them to myself for now.

Bobby B Deal

CMAP Music International

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Java Reply with quote

Thanks Bobby! That's a cool banner :) :w

It really sucks that Java is down. I wish they'd write and tell us why properly. Bother. I can imagine though that they might be having a flood of new people after the mp3 changes???

Chris, I did have a rehearsal, though with Ignition yesterday. and Wednesday after the Heisha rehearsal I ditched jam night cause I want to take it easy. Have a 20 minute gig (whether permitting) at Harbour Fest, TST on Sunday, 5:30.

Then Friday, 21st at the Wanch.

The Ignition songs are sounding GREAT, we should have our album out mid this year (at least that's the plan). I'm normally super critical when it comes to stuff I do, but I'm really pleased with the Ignition project, and its a pleasure to work with Kim and Tom. This is good.

Anyway, have you ever notice how I go off topic on every thread? Its like a disease!

Who's the tall man? :wgrin

cheers

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Java Reply with quote

Yeah I wish Java would tell us before they do that. Did you know I tried to buy a CD there before Xmas and it didn't work then I tested other CD links and they didn't work and java never told anyone!!! It wasn't till I started questioning it on the bulletin board that they said there 'might' be some problem.... grrrrr You think they'd notice that they weren't selling any CDs?!?!?! ahahaahahahha :banana

Best to sell your own CDs thru cdbaby.com!!!!

|

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Java Reply with quote

Java did send out on email titled " Disruption of Service " but I don't think everyone got them.

I didn't but a friend did, and forwarded it to me.

It's also Posted on their message board for all to see.

Steve Iannetti

size="1"> Javamusic :
>MP3.com
: Artistlaunch : 1Sound : My IX Page : href="http://www.zizzors.com">Official Web Site
href="http://www.carwreckrecords.com">Car Wreck Records :
>FAP
: IndieLaunch : MP3 Australia

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Java Reply with quote

Thanks Steve!

However one would expect slightly better service for that - especially when you're a paying member.....

|

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Java Reply with quote

I agree.

I am no apologist for Javamusic.

Just stating the facts, Ma'am. :lol

Steve Iannetti

size="1"> Javamusic :
>MP3.com
: Artistlaunch : 1Sound : My IX Page : href="http://www.zizzors.com">Official Web Site
href="http://www.carwreckrecords.com">Car Wreck Records :
>FAP
: IndieLaunch : MP3 Australia

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Java Reply with quote

You're very good at stating facts Steve! Hey I just got yet another email offering me the some ANTI-AGING treatment..... :larree Er - I think it's time to go to bed...... :banana

|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: