MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I figured something out.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: I figured something out. Reply with quote

Yeah, that must come to quite a shock to you all. I have stated that I don't claim to be smart. I don't claim to be stupid either. It takes me awhile to figure out some things that may seem obvious to others. I guess you may be wondering what it is that I figured out.

I figured out that people on BBs, with few exceptions, do not want to discuss difficult topics, like music business details, politics &/or religion. The last two can cause a lot of hostility. The music business stuff can be boring and complicated which requires actual knowledge and study.

Many people feel that most music business doesn't concern them or that if they ever got to a point where it did then Attorneys &/or Managers will take care of all that.

Oh, wait, I wrote an article about that.

You can find it here.

www.indiejournal.com/indi...olumns.htm

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

Quote:
Many people feel that most music business doesn't concern them or that if they ever got to a point where it did then Attorneys &/or Managers will take care of all that.

You tell it, Phil...God forbid we had to go without Attorneys...where would we be in America without them??:u :lol :u Hell, we might even like each other...:laugh

There is approx. 1 attorney for every 4 people in this country...check your Yellow Pages...:x

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

:lol

Yeah, I have been having a few rounds with an Attorney in the past few weeks. Rod Underhill. I told his wife that I think he is an unprofessional, smart-ass, jerk. Think he will sue me? He threatened to one time when I said that in my opinion that he was a thief and a liar. :t

PLX180

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

Quote:

To be more accurate -

Many people feel that most music business doesn't concern them because they're a long way away from commercial recognition, and if they ever got to a point where it did then they would read up and take care of business if and when they had to.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

Yes, that too. Hopefully, they would have time to do all that reading when the @#%$ comes down. :p

My main thought of posting this topic was tht I figured out that on BBs it may be best to keep things light. Humor and nonesense seems to be more popular than serious topics. Also, just plain schmoozing, sort of like when one goes to a party.

:party

PLX180

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, that too. Hopefully, they would have time to do all that reading when the @#%$ comes down

That's a fair point. And yes, maybe musicians *should* prepare properly in the unlikely event they get signed. But people have all sorts of priorities and time limitations. Some are lazy. That's the way it is.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

This is a little off the topic but it just occured to me. I know of a band that got signed and the label put them through a 10 day music business course. I don't know if all labels do that but I though that was real cool.

Yeah, my point is that maybe most BB aren't the best places to talk abut serious topics unless the people there are into that.Like one BB I post on the music business is the main topic. Other topics are not really encouraged to be brought up.

I am going to try to keep it light from now on.:t

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

Schmoozing - that's what I do on bbs.

Along with a healthy dose of nonsense.

It's Fun.!!!!!

I take care of most of my real business in the real world.

Do a pretty good job of it, too.

But hey, that's just me.... - different strokes for different folks.....

Netjams

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

Well Phil a lack of response to your posts doesn't mean people don't enjoy them. I for one read most of what you post but My literecy skills are low on the typing and spelling so I don't reply mutch. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. So I guess what I'm saying is keep on dude your doing good :)

snappy2003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

This is my new persona. I am going to be silly and hopefully witty. So, let's just forget about all this real stuff and partaaay. :party :p :g

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: I figured something out. Reply with quote

WHO ARE YOU?!?!?

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

snappy2003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: who are you? Reply with quote

who, who, who?

i am me.

i can be anyone i wanna be.

the net is free.

so let's fly free.

hehehe

parteeee...

:bday

:lamp

:lol

:w

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: who are you? Reply with quote

Is that you Phil?

|

snappy2003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: who are you? Reply with quote

sanppy's the name funn is my game.

:g

:D

:tongue

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: who are you? Reply with quote

hahahahahaa bbchris is my name, tall men are my game :banana

|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: