MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Most Musicians Are Wimps !!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Most Musicians Are Wimps !!!! Reply with quote

Most Musicians are Wimps!

Musicians are either wimps,plain apathetic or both. Whatever the OMDs do is accepted almost within a day. There's a tiny protest from several musicians whenever an OMD foists a new situation upon the content providers then the ripple dies & the majority just float down the river with the changes. It's been a patern for years now.        

There are certain specific issues that musicians do & have agreed upon. There have been specific issues regarding certain OMDs that quite a few muscians agreed upon. The follow through just didn't happen. No guts, no glory.

I am talkin about musicians being wimps. Perfect example is today. I had a showdown with Underhill. Not one freakin musician supported me. On the contrary. Then as I was prepared to challenge Underhill's responses of insults toward me the Moderator locks down the post.

So why would anyone be surprised that I am saying most musicians are wimps?

Principles1 a : a comprehensive and fundamental law, doctrine, or assumption

b (1) : a rule or code of conduct

(2) : habitual devotion to right principles <a man of principle>

c : the laws or facts of nature underlying the working of an artificial device

2 : a primary source : ORIGIN

3 a : an underlying faculty or endowment <such principles of human nature as greed and curiosity       

Where were the musicians to back up Chris? Mostly she got stupid remarks, except for Steve Iannetti , who stood up for her.. Kudos to Steve.

Go read that thread for yourself.

msg.1sound.com/postlist.p...ianslounge

Edited by: Phil Frazier at: 1/6/03 3:38:32 am
PANick11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:41 am    Post subject: ()/()/()/()/() Reply with quote

I read it....

and...let me make this plain.

I don't like Rod..

And I think shopping his artiata to majors is a sham...

I challeged them to start a label back when the BB opened up there....and within two days they announced that 1sound was going to start a Label.....but the specifics remain as vague as their Label entry program....

hmmm..

But!!...he's right you know.....you don't discuss policy and details on a public chat forum, it's just bad buisness to do so.

and in this case it would be really bad buisness because, I suspect, they are winging this thing....it's Gaseous Real Estate....all over again. They probably have goals to make it more substantial than that, but I think they started this label entry thing a bit before they had worked out the gory details....to say the least.

The 15% thing alone makes me think they have never negotiated or even witnessed the negotiation of a contract...

you dont go throwing out numbers like that...it's silly and unrealistic..

soo...of course he isn't going to answer.

there is nothing there substantial enough yet to address...

I still think that site could be a GOOD thing...I really do.

But they need to co-operate with their artists

OR

they need to show that they really know what they are doing and demonstrate that they are acting on behalf of their artists with some degree of experiance.

I dont think either is likely for the moment...

the first would require swallowing their pride and blatently asking for artists input..(perhaps even crediting them when their ideas are employed)

and the second would require experiance and a track record that they clearly dont have...

oh well....

really....to change the internet indy music world and make it an actuall revolution is going to require a certain degree of Altruism...and a large degree of VISION...

for now those with the "vision" have no resources to make an altruistic move...

and those with the resources...simply have neither vision nor altruism...

Which is a pitty....

Mercenary economics have dominated this scene...like all others.

Imagine the poor suckers who Believed in MP3.C and held on their shares all the way to the bottom...

:(

this is how your supposed to invest!!!...You invest because you believe in the Concept and are willing to bet that people are acting in your best interest!!!!

this is basic ethics..

But when the "Visionaries" have no ethics...then it's all for nothing....

no?

PANick

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: OMDS /Ethics? Reply with quote

Not meaning to dwell on history for to long here so quickly, mentioning mp3.con and the blatant show of the most un ethical behavior on the Net. People still think that crap content sunk the the great con. It didn't help but the law suits sunk the ship. In my view it was on purpose in order to negotiate the buy out. I said that then & still believe it now.

Mr.Underpants was part of all that. He now has changed? I think not! Many don't know this but another OMD was tried before 1Sound, which broke apart by insider war. It involved our Prince of Darkness, the Founder of FU, which btw was Co-Founded and funded by none other that Leah, Rod's wife. Connect the dots...please.

The reason this deal was not spelled out is because the creators of it didn't expect any questions. Desperate Artists flock to this type of crap in droves. I shouted but the Emperor has no clothes. That was not viewed upon by the masters or the peasants as a pleasant revelation.

I no longer expect any sort of Artist unity against or for a freakin thing. That spirit died. I cannot bring it back from death. I can however, spare, a couple of people, maybe from screwing themselves over, which is what most Artist are so damn good at.

More later....

PANick11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Artist Unity Reply with quote

"Artist Unity" was a rudderless ship from the outset...

unity about what?

To force negotiations with OMDs who can't even sell ten of your freakin CDs a year?

it's a joke..there's nething here to negotiate!.....MP3.coms listenership was fake, it was a gaseous realestate numbers game...and the sites that boast a genuine listenership are still probably AT LEAST 80% online musicians listening to each other...

why do you think 1 sound doesn't list number of plays?

even with their "revolutionary" idea of trying to entice bloggers to listen...the numbers are paltry..I guarantee it.

so far, there has been no REAL buisness to negotiate with....which makes an organization of artists fairly useless....

PANick

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Artist Unity Reply with quote

The cyber real estate sold for $330 Million plus Vivendi picked up the tab for pending and any further law suits. Quite a nice return on the investors moola. Of course, the cannon fodder provided the meat.

I agree with your view as to the present. I am merely stating that things could have and still can be more to Artist's favor. Yeah, it's dreaming but what the hey, without any sort of dreams, all is too bleak. I am not ready to stop dreaming or trying to bring myself closer to my goals. Yeah, striving is foolish. I cannot drop that. It has been ingrained too far in my nuero transmitter to just make it cease pulsating.

I had some hope for Artist Launch but it stalled out with real inept leadership and tech. probs. It may bounce back. My hope with that has dropped a whole lot but am still in the mix so to speak.

My gripe with you?

Comparing me to Scott S.That was a low blow, man. I confess that it hurt. Saying that I have never done anything postive on the Net. Wow!!! Do I need to make a list?

PANick11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: ()()()()()()#####*****#####()()()()()()() Reply with quote

I knew that was it..

I did it because I wanted you to consider how you come across somtimes...

You cant let things go....

You do stir up @#%$ and you do say hurtfull things...

I admit....your nowhere near FT in this regard.....but railing against him with the same tactics you profess to dispise him for makes you weak and only helps him in his..."endevor"...and it makes him act like even more of a jerk....

Didn't you read the story I wrote in the fight club???

:)

I wrote it with you in mind..(and a few others)......though I think a 5 minuete read is bit more than most of the micrwave culture can follow....

here...I'll cut and paste it.....this is what happens when you lash out!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

The voice of Ecilam ,

A voice in your head

runes carved and set just so to call up images, to incite.

a SPELL....

It weaves it's way through and through and begs for responce.

Some placated by it's flattery, but most outraged by it's malice!..

Ecilam!!

Warrior souls provoked by the voice began to carve runes of their own, cast their own Spells and for each cruelty the voice called up they designed an equal cruelty to put it down, to surround it.

Walls of words began to weave a fortress and the voice of Ecilam took residence within the fortress woven by his enemies.

The enemies of Ecilam began to percieve this fortress as a real thing and ever their passions were grown hotter and hotter by the voice of Ecilam rising over the fortress walls.

Manpride and Manviolence, incapable of quiet, lend their voices to Ecilam again and agian and from the behind the walls of runes the voice begins to direct their behavior, turns them away from field and family and draws them on to war!

This is the will of Ecilam, to ensnare your attention , to incite!! To turn all ears to the incessant chanting within the fortress built for Him by his very enemies.

The warriors among men are easily recruited to mischif!

a cold wind , dry and lifeless, begins to rise.

Le Maut, a lazy boy...

Le maut sees the wind move through the trees, sees it blow away seed, sees the walls of the village begin to shake and the thatched roofs begin to fall!

BUT, when the wind reaches the willows, the quiet pools and secret places where lazy days are passed away the wind is thwarted! The willows bend and bend, then rise again! And Le Maut perceives a dance, a song in the willows and a chant begins to rise..

Bend, and you need not break....

And so a lazy boy sets out.....to play with the wind!

At first the men were cruel, long had they been steeped in the runes of Ecilam and this little woman hearted wind dancer seemed but a fool to them.

But, then they perceived that Le Maut could draw near the fortress! Indeed the winds that drove warrior souls to madness were but a toy to Le Maut.

The women , seeing a soul much like their own began to dance and sway in the wind as well and each new cruelty that screamed down from the walls of Ecilam was trance-posed, shaped again,,,,

And so it was that the wind dancers moved on the fortress of Ecilam, bending and swaying and laughing and playing......and Ecilam....was afraid.

For now his runes began to weaken, and the walls Ecilam had tricked his enemies into building began to fall.

Even the Manproud began to perceive that Eclilam was but a voice in their heads, and the men turned away from their mischief of carving runes of war and joined their women in the dance.

And the voice of Ecilam grew smaller and smaller....and was carried away on the winds.

it's true....

I saw the whole thing.

PANick

---}-@

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Combat!!! Reply with quote

Yes, I read it the first time. I knew that you posted it partly with me in mind. I didn't know that you made up the tale. Excellent!!!

I don't know how to fight what I percieve as evil on the Net, effectively...yet. Perhaps, I require a teacher.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Most Musicians Are Wimps !!!! Reply with quote

WOW PANick! You never cease to amaze me! You are one smart dude who explains things super-clearly. Thank you.

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Most Musicians Are Wimps !!!! Reply with quote

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Most Musicians Are Wimps !!!! Reply with quote

Drooly, I noticed you didn't help her out. You just slurp ass there. When are you going to develope some fortitude?

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Musicians Are Wimps !!!! Reply with quote

Chris is a big girl.

I saw no direct insults.

I saw some polite contest of will, which is totally cool by me.

I don't think she needs any help there.

ok?

as for slurping ass, I can also kick ass pretty good, when it's called for.

ok?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Musicians Are Wimps !!!! Reply with quote

hahahahaha Thanks for the thought there Phil. Drooly, you are perfect the way you are.

Ooooh that thread has exploded! Let me read it!!!!! hahahahaahhaahahhahahahaa It's kind of funny!

I kind of lost all interest in 1sound now. For today anyways. It's only an OMD at the end of the day. I have a lot of plans for this year. And it would be great if everyone that I knew here and on other boards - I could get to meet in person :banana

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: You are so right !!! Reply with quote

It is just another OMD. And it is good to have at least one song on as many OMDs as you can have your music on, and then point everyone towards your own music site. Rock on !!! To jammin' in 2003 !!!

Geosphere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Musicians Are Wimps !!!! Reply with quote

Perhaps some are not wimps, but simply choose where to apply energy and which battles to fight. Is it worth beating a stone wall with a sledge hammer for a handful of crumbs, or walking up the block for a pizza? The decision is to the individual.

The Addiction

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Musicians Are Wimps !!!! Reply with quote

hey Phil, try working on some music and less attention towards something that you have nothing to do with.

The Addiction

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: