MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hi all new member here....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmaxxb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: Hi all new member here.... Reply with quote

Just wanted to drop a note and say hi.

I was introduced to this board by Chris B. I also live in Hong Kong, and write a few bits of music myself (nothing great).

I have an MP3 site if your interested in listening to it.

http://www.mp3.com/madmaxxb

My set-up is:

DAW: Pro Tools Le 5.3.1 with Digi 001

Proppelaheads REASON & Recycle

Korg Triton Classic

Maton Ac/Elec. guitar

Boss GT-6 effects board.

I record my stuff on my home studio.. and I am still very much a newbie to this.. learning as I go along :p

ROCK ON :yeah

Madmaxxb

Edited by: bbchris  at: 12/23/02 2:24:35 am
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Hi all new member here.... Reply with quote

MADMAXXB!!!!! You made it here! COOL! Hey I edited your link cause there was a missing '/' !!!! Off to check out more of your songs.

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

MyMP3BoardDotCom
The Original

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hi all new member here.... Reply with quote

"Dau San"...! Or how do you spell it? :D

Welcome :)

PANick11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Hi!! Reply with quote

HI

Just streamed your page at universalvivendi.con..

;)

some cool ideas! I like Fresh and storm...Fresh has me wanting to write a lyric......but it's really nice to listen to just like it is...

I think you should use that accoustic guitar more..But freak it out a bit!!

Try some gigantic stereo reverbs and chorus....OR!!...try running it through some distortion and mixing a distorted track with the clean track....

It needs to be more spacy sounding when you mix it with those electronic sounds...

Fresh works good because it's straight up without lush synth voices....still.......the electronic tones you use are so spacious that the guitar sounds a bit lonely in there...

cool ideas!!

have fun!

I'm enjoying listening while I work.......

PANick

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Hi!! Reply with quote

hey madmaxx!!!

Welcome..!

I'm listening to "Fresh"...some interesting chord changes there.

ProTools at home, huh? I'm jealous...I run CoolEdit through my pc for home work...

As to "Fresh".... - to me it seems like the basis of a real nice tune. Do you plan to add vocals? A bass line?

I like some of the spacey keyboard stuff in the other tracks a lot.

I think you mentioned you're new at this? Well you're headed in a real nice direction...!!!

oh.. - this is a picture of my band... - we're quintuplets...

If you wanna hear our stuff, just click the banner below...

madmaxxb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi!! Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I had a listen to some of the hobbo's stuff.. great. OMG over 7,600 plays... crazy..

The tunes on my site are basically works in progress, so I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions.. I basically set the site up so that my mates backhome couls hear what I am working on, instead of a slow download from my FTP server.. I have a few mates in cover bands back home in Australia

So most of what you hear on my site is plain brainstorming, I want to augment those tunes, and Fresh I think will be the one I start with.. lyrics hmmmm I only just went a bought a mic.. and recorded a new track last night (bit shy on the vocal front... might not get posted :) ) I soon realised I have bucket loads of work to do to mix a good vocal track (without sounding like standing in a tin can or swamped by Dolby Digital hehe he..) then again I was a cheap scate and only bought a crummy cheap mic... but I might poist it to see what feedback I get..

Chris B, thanks again for the invite to this board, I can see that I will learn alot here, I spend a lot of time in the Digidesign forum boards trying to learn as much as possible on sequencing and mixing (as I made a decent investment for the long term)...

Thanks again..

ROCK ON.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hi!! Reply with quote

wheeeeeee! Glad to have you on board. Yes Fresh would be a good start. It does take time and it's very satisfying. What do your mates back home think of your stuff?

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: