MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Does it pay to dress outlandishly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Does it pay to dress outlandishly? Reply with quote

Several people who could be unknown, but are far more identifyable thanks to outlandish clothes/hair:

Don King, Donald Trump, Tom Wolfe, Dennis Rodman, etc. Picking non-actors here.

Is it better to create a signature style and take it to the extreme or do you know people for whom such a technique failed? Did it ultimately fail for Dennis Rodman?

I respect anyone who develops their own "signature" style. It exhibits both ease and confidence, being comfortable living in their own "skin."

I think it helps, especially if your brand image depends on you as a person, or if your brand image is yourself and you make money off of it. The more you can get people to be fascinated by some physical aspect about you the more they will pay attention to you, negative or positive, but they are focused on you, either way.

Any other thoughts?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Does it pay to dress outlandishly? Reply with quote

I think in general women should wear shorter skirts and show more cleavage.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

PANick11

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Does it pay to dress outlandishly? Reply with quote

I think dressing crazy and encouraging our audience to dress crazy was a huge part of our popularity..

we all dressd crazy

we had 1/2 price cover for crossdressers. Those shows were so fun!!, Crazy fun...

we had a Trash Fashion show where anyone who recycled household trash into an outfit got in free and we had an audience juried fashion show, the winner got a $50 gift certificate to a local record store..

these were hugely popular events... people talk about em still but no band around here has pulled anything like that off since...

I think dressing crazy was part of it, but encouraging the audience to do the same was really what made it take off.

eveyone really wants to get their freak on, the just need permission,,

Bardofely

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Does it pay to dress outlandishly? Reply with quote

I would say a definite YES!

http://www.soundclick.com/bardofely

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: