MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I've been away

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianbal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: I've been away Reply with quote

Been away.

We went too Transylvania, Romania.

We went to Draculas castle. I didn't manage to get the photograph, but as we left the place, we had thunder and lightening !!! How cool was that ?? :excite

Draculas castle minus the lightening

Regards

Ian

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: I've been away Reply with quote

*shiver* HAHAHAHA

COOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!1 :yo :ghost

MIKE
mikeburn and friends

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: I've been away Reply with quote

Now that is SO COOL!! WOW!! How long were you there for?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

ianbal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: I've been away Reply with quote

We went a week ago, got back thursday.

Stayed with family (cousins wife is Romanian) in old communist utility housing........... Interesting experience !

Poor country, less than basic housing. But nice people, interesting food....... and great scenery !

Took a stack load of photos, so will be glued to Photoshop for the next month ! :laugh

Regards

Ian

ianbal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: I've been away Reply with quote

We stayed in a town called Brasov, which is in the mountains. It's a medieval city. A hill/mountain rises almost straight up to the side of it.

We went into the mountains and did the cable car thing to the top.

we went up 7000 ft, still snow on the top

Anna and I looking cool and intrepid.

You know the saying....... this coffee's so strong, you could stand your spoon in it ? ...... well, here's that coffee!!

Now the food wasn't bad ! But they have their version of fast food by the road side. It's called Smeech ! Now it doesn't taste bad, but I don't know if you can see it cooking here..... it looks an awefull lot like dogs poo...... Strangely, I ate quite a lot of the stuff !

As we were staying in old communist utility housing with the family, we decided to do things the Romanian way. They have this drink called Sweeka, and they distil it themselves. In fact, though you can buy it in shops, it's always homemade. You take a shot and knock it back in one !! And a lot of them !!! It tastes like crap, so in one and fast, is the best way to drink it. followed in our case, by a beer ! Most nights we were up 'till the wee hours......... and drunk !! very drunk !

Now they did tell us this drink helps clear the system ! but somhow, the full implications of this, and the reason, missed me.

However, after the second night, the next morning it all became liquidiously clear as to how and why !!!! :o THIS STUFF IS FERMENTED FROM PRUNES !!!!!!

Now I'm a lucky guy, and so far in life, the bottom has not fallen out of my world. However, that morning......... the world sure did fall out of my bottom !!

Regards

Ian

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: I've been away Reply with quote

hahahahaha!!!!!

Great thread, ianbal....!

Gorgeous photos, and some VERY funny stories...!

Thanks for the chuckles......!!!

Sir Reel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: I've been away Reply with quote

Man! Those people don't have yards, do they?

You guys look great on a mountain!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I've been away Reply with quote

WOW! IAN!! Your photos are AMAZING!!! Thanks for the stories too. That mountain top looks brilliant!! And good to hear you were drinking plenty of prune juice :laugh

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: