MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Questions of the Week - 12 May 2006

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Questions of the Week - 12 May 2006 Reply with quote

1. How do you feel about friends, relatives or people in need living in your house for a year?

2. Do you find it very difficult to say "no" to your mom or dad when they want you to do something you would prefer not to?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

PANick11

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Questions of the Week - 12 May 2006 Reply with quote

a year?

well, if it was a friend and if they were in need..I think I'd rather give them money.

My house is kinda small, and I'm picky about stuff...

a month or two..or even three maybe..

but a year?

conversely,

I cant say no to my parents...I never would.

Nor would I ever say no to my wifes mother.

My folks are divorced and both remarried so there's 4 of them and they're all getting old.

If it was any of them who needed to live here they'd be welcome for any amount of time, no matter much it irritated me.

The Master 1968

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions of the Week - 12 May 2006 Reply with quote

1. If I can avoid it, I will avoid it. Otherwise, we will not be friends, anymore. Everytime I lived with one, I ended up hating them & kicking them out.

2. I never find it difficult. My parents know I'm a self-centered asshol...e

=================================================================

The Master - Cybernetic Organism's Music Page

Login: Orlock28273@yahoo.com

PW:

master

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions of the Week - 12 May 2006 Reply with quote

Although I'd probably prefer not to, I couldn't say no to someone that needed to live with me for a year.

Not strangers, of course. Close friends or relatives.

As for the second question, I could never say no to my mom or my inlaws. Actually I could, but I never would.

The Master 1968

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions of the Week - 12 May 2006 Reply with quote

I guess I take it back... They always guilt trip me into moving heavy stuff around.

=================================================================

The Master - Cybernetic Organism's Music Page

Login: Orlock28273@yahoo.com

PW:

master

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: been there done that Reply with quote

we had the gamut, friends, relatives etc stay over for long periods, and I won't go there again, because as Master says, its pretty much a relationship breaker. We had one friend land up and stay for over two weeks, after telling us he'd stay for only 1-2 days. I had to literally ask him to leave.

I could never refuse a request from my immediate or extended family even if it meant a large personal sacrifice on my part. At the end of the day your family are truly all you've got and I love them like crazy!

ianbal

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: been there done that Reply with quote

We got a wood cabin in the garden. Heated, double glazed, insulated, double bed, work out gear, telly, DVD, hi fi, cupboards ! They can stay as long as they like........... or until they get fed up walking down the garden in the middle of the night to use the toilet.... :yahoo

We never say no too family. uh ! apart from one brother who we would have said no too, if he'd been stupid enough to ask us for money (got it from his pensioner mother). I don't believe in being a charity to work shy, pompous (I'm materialistic apparently) fools (no money or food, but always 1/8 lying around somewhere). But then, we did feed him, and stock his larder last time we saw him. But he didn't ask. So I guess he caught us on a good day when our cup of human kindness was over flowing..... ;)

Regards

Ian

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: been there done that Reply with quote

No and no.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: been there done that Reply with quote

no. i do not have a bed in my spare bedroom so my parents MUST stay at a hotel, cause my mom snoops. in fact they never went upstairs. not a year. 1 stayed a week and killed relationship for a year. friends if cool can stay a night or 2. i have too much stuff in extra bed room to hide... mostly pagan religious stuff and my mom is a baptist bible beater type- bless her heart. problem is townhouse has 2 bedrooms each with attached bath- so you must go through bed room to bath.

my mom is the queen of guilt trips and an only child princess type bless her heart.... it took over 42 years to get to where i can say no.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Questions of the Week - 12 May 2006 Reply with quote

Whoops! Just realised I didn't answer this one myself!!! hahahahaha

1. How do you feel about friends, relatives or people in need living in your house for a year?

Considering we dont have big places like our friends in Europe or USA, this would be a real stretch to do. We might be able to do it for a few days or up to 2 weeks at max! More than that would be a logistic nightmare plus very stressful. (You folks in the States, imagine sharing a 2 bedroom flat of size 72 sq meter). Now I know many people DO do it so not knocking them. If they are a relative of my Chinese family, we have plenty of places for them to stay here in HK, mine would really be the last resort being one of the smallest! If it's a friend, we can give moral support for a short while and then encourage them to move on (and out!)

Do you find it very difficult to say "no" to your mom or dad when they want you to do something you would prefer not to?

Sometimes! We've had huge arguments on things and I've had to give in usually! hahahahahahhaa :laugh

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: