MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

It's Axella's birthday..!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

She's turning 27...

And cooking some Italian sausages ...!!!

Yay, Axella..!

Smoochies ...!!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Axella!!!!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

axella

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

Thank you! And I still remember being 27, too! There was a new thing happening called electric lights! :)

I'd lost my profile in Firefox and therefore all of my bookmarks and cookies, but I just got them back, so here I am once again. :)

My "Myspace" Profile, and What I'm Bitching About Right Now

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

Welcome back, you deliciously Evil, Italian sausage-cooking, Australian roo-lover.....!!

hahahaha.....

Do you ever actually see wild kangaroos where you are?

Those guys are SO cool...

Good boxers, too, from what I hear.

Must be all that Foster's.

axella

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

Hahahaha! NOBODY here drinks Fosters! At least no one I've ever met, and I've met a lotta people in 15 years! :D

My youngest daughter and I nearly hit a kangaroo on our way home from the beach once. It was a remote wooded area - they stay away from residential areas, so you won't see them hopping along the streets in towns.

When driving up to New South Wales, the Monaro Highway goes through lots of woods and kangaroos are always getting splattered on the roads at dusk. My daughter and son-in-law hit one a few years ago in their Hyundai and it did a bit of damage.

Once I let my former housemate use my car on a rainy day (because all he had was a motorcycle), and he hit a kangaroo which then bounced along the side of the car, causing $5000 worth of damage.

And it must be remembered that, like koalas, just coz they're cute, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're nice. Both animals can be quite vicious and agressive to humans, when we invade their space. Some poor young fella was beaten up by a kangaroo the other day while riding his bike along a dirt track. It stood around 6' tall and packed a mean punch, leaving him bruised and bloody.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

Yeah.

I've gotten that impression... - that kangaroos can be nasty.

But still.. - They're wild lovely animals... marsupials, pouches, and stuff....

Not fond of violence, but those little farts can Box.....

So.

Got any "satisfying" vegetarian recipes?

Something with Eggplant would be nice..

axella

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

HAHAHA! I can't eat eggplant. It makes me ill (that wasn't always the case. Eggplant parmigana used to be one of my favourite dishes, but in my early 20s, I became unable to eat it anymore).

Chaz Spaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

Hi AJ, Happy Birthday!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

NOBODY here drinks Fosters!

REALLY?!?!?!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

All this talk of food.

I'm getting hungry.

Since Axella refuses to give me her Eggplant parmigiana recipe?

Fine.

I'll just Google the damn thing.

axella

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

Eggplant

flour

eggs, beaten

oil for frying

grated mozzarella cheese, or parmesan, or both, whatever your preference - but NO VELVEETA! :hehe

Heat about 1cm of vegetable oil on low to med-low heat in a large frypan. It'll be ready to fry when a drop of the beaten egg sizzles.

Meanwhile, peel eggplant and slice into 1cm thick slices. Dip pieces in flour, beaten egg, and flour again. Fry until golden, turn, fry the other side as well. Pieces should be cooked through so that a fork easily pierces the centre. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.

Place some Napolitana sauce in the bottom of an ovenproof baking dish; put a layer of eggplant, cover with more sauce, and a layer of mozzarella. Repeat until eggplant's all used up, finishing with the cheese.

Bake in a 180 degree oven until cheese is melted and eggplant is hot throughout.

I always preferred Eggplant Parmigiana as a sandwich filling, in a piece of fresh Italian bread.

Napolitana Sauce:

Extra virgin olive oil

onion, sliced

clove of garlic, minced

Cans of whole Italian Roma (plum) tomatoes - quality ones, like those from San Marzano, whizzed in the blender and strained to remove seeds (which can be bitter)

A can of good, not-too-acidy tomato paste, if desired

Basil, thyme, rosemary, a bit of sugar, and salt & pepper to taste

OK, put about 5mm of oil in the bottom of a pot. Fry the onion slices until caramelised, then discard them, keeping the oil in the pot. Put in the garlic, but don't brown it. Add tomatoes, herbs, sugar & pepper (add salt after the sauce has 'cooked down a bit' so that it doesn't end up too salty).

Allow the sauce to cook on low heat for a cupla hours, with the lid askew to allow evaporation. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.

**this is most definitely NOT a low-fat dish! :D

(I hope this has made sense. I'm running on 2 hours of sleep, nicotine, and caffeine).

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

Yes.

That made perfect sense.

And the week-end is coming. I have some free time, so I'll try that.

I'll try to seduce my "Friend", who's coming over on Sunday, with that lovely recipe....

She seduced me last week with a meat dish. The bitch. So now I need to get even with Her with some Vegan stuff....

Can you recommend a wine?

I may need to get her Drunk.

(She's smarter than me.....)

Dammit.

axella

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Axella's birthday..! Reply with quote

I don't know, red wine? :)

Sorry, I don't drink wine at all, red or white. But I'm sure it would go great with bourbon. :D

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: