MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MOVIES! Loves, hates, most moving, actors, lines, scenes...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: MOVIES! Loves, hates, most moving, actors, lines, scenes... Reply with quote

OK I was having a chat with a friend this week and we had such a giggle going through movies talking about our favourite scenes in movies. It made me realise that we reveal a lot of ourselves when we describe what moves us.

WHICH MOVIE STAR WOULD PLAY YOU IN YOUR BIOGRAPHY:

I'd like Lucy Liu or Angelina Jolie :wgrin

FUNNIEST SCENE in a MOVIE:

For some reason, I am always captivated by the scene in Wayne's World (can't remember which one) where they are all in the car listening to Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) and singing along and headbanging. hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

FUNNIEST LINE in a MOVIE:

Can't remember what movie it was but the guy & his girlfriend are in bed, she says "Do you love me?" he says "I live with you, don't I? hahahaha My boyfriend at the time, stared at me in a most peculiar way which just made it even funnier for me!! hahahahahaa

FAVOURITE ACTOR:

KEVIN SPACEY! A genius! A brilliant actor! Loved him in Usual Suspects, LA Confidential, American Beauty and even Pay It Forward.

MOVIE YOU'VE WATCHED MOST RERUNS OF:

Believe it or not, it's Sound of Music (!) I've even seen it dubbed into Cantonese (apart from the songs!!) Must be cause it's an old film! hahahaha The next film I've watched the most reruns of is "Wayne's World 2" - I've watched that 11 times! WOooooooohooooooooo

FIRST MOVIE THAT REALLY MOVED YOU:

Schindler's List.

WORST MOVIE YOU HAVE EVER SEEN:

Van Helsing is the only one I can think of from recent years!! hahahahahaha :wgrin

If you can think of any more stuff to post, post away!!

Copy and paste easily:

FAVOURITE ACTOR:

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Edited by: bbchris  at: 7/14/04 17:16
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

OK. I'll play along.

WHICH MOVIE STAR WOULD PLAY YOU IN YOUR BIOGRAPHY: Michael J. Fox or Gary Sinise (Fox for the young me, Sinise for the older...)

FUNNIEST SCENE in a MOVIE: Nothing really. I don't watch comedies because they're boring for me...books do a much better job of comedy.

FUNNIEST LINE in a MOVIE: Same problem.

FAVOURITE ACTOR: Gary Oldman & Liam Neeson...both very flexable and believeable in whatever they do.

MOVIE YOU'VE WATCHED MOST RERUNS OF: "Star Wars"...the first one that came out in '77. But give it time. Eventually it will be "The Lord of the Rings" when the third movie comes out in DVD extended version.

FIRST MOVIE THAT REALLY MOVED YOU: "THX1138"

WORST MOVIE YOU HAVE EVER SEEN: Anything by Mel Brooks

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Dreamtone7!! (Fox for the young me, Sinise for the older...) hahahahahaha LOVED that comment!!!

That's really interesting that you don't watch comedies! What was "THX1138" about??

|Talk Soup |

esa shi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

would play myself

story of ricky where the dog gets kicked in half

no idea

FAVOURITE ACTOR:

bruce lee of course, also jackie chan, dan inosanto, sammo hung, yuen biao, yuen wah, benny urquidez, chuck norris

not sure, possibly, enter the dragon, way of the dragon, fist of fury, big boss, rocky i ii iii iv

watership down

my grandad's a vampire

esa shi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

what i just posted chris and by the time i did you'd already come on and beat me to it.... shocking....

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

hahahaha Esa!! Your list is great!! Yes I've seen the Bruce Lee films many times - dubbed into English AND the original Cantonese versions too!! He's my hero too!

I LOVE the fact that you would play yourself!! :wgrin Very cool!

WOooooooohoooooooooo

|Talk Soup |

Funny Feeling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, and why we died.

All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge!

And if you do not listen, the HELL with you!"

Conan The Barbarian

Just call me Honest Abe

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

chris - "What was "THX1138" about??"

It's about some future time when everybody is drugged, 24/7. Everybody lives in a small appartment with an appointed roomate (of either sex) and no sex is allowed (the drugs kill the drive along with most emotions). Kids are "created" rather than being born. Cops are robots.

The story is about one man who decides, for whatever reason, to stop taking the drugs and what happens to him.

Unfortunately, it has one of the most realistic views of the future as I see it...not in all ways, but in enough ways that it really made me stop and wonder at the direction our society is headed. I saw it when I was about 13 or so.

On a note of trivia, it was George Lucas' first full-length movie, and was his college project movie...long before making "American Grafitti" or "Star Wars". It was filmed in San Rafael, in northern California...on site in many instances. It's a relatively small town, so it was interesting to see some of the architecture in the movie that I recognized even as a kid. The starring role was played by Robert Duval. Co-starring a relatively young Donald Pleasants.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Funny Feeling! :wgrin

Dreamtone7 - wow that sounds like a really interesting film! Do you think the Matrix was inspired by it?

|Talk Soup |

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Not really, but the theme of us not being really in control of our own lives is a common one. Visit Plato's "Allegory of the Cave". Different levels of reality described in it are more along the lines of "The Matrix".

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

WHICH MOVIE STAR WOULD PLAY YOU IN YOUR BIOGRAPHY: Bruce Willis

FUNNIEST SCENE in a MOVIE: In "Animal House"...Jon Belushi is on his way down the stairs at the Frat Toga party when he passes a guy singing and playing a really corny song; with a slight raise of his eyebrow and no emotion, he grabs the guitar and smashes it into a thousand pieces. Then he turns, shrugs his shoulders, and says "Sorry".

FUNNIEST LINE in a MOVIE: From "Ghostbusters".."Ray, If someone asks if you're a God, you say, YES!!!"

FAVOURITE ACTOR: Mel Gibson

MOVIE YOU'VE WATCHED MOST RERUNS OF: "The Wizard Of Oz"

FIRST MOVIE THAT REALLY MOVED YOU: "The China

Syndrome"

WORST MOVIE YOU HAVE EVER SEEN: "Super Mario Brothers"

And I'll add one...

MOST INTENSE SCENE in a MOVIE: From "Saving Private Ryan"...the opening scene of the landing on Omaha Beach. The most brutal, intense, realistic 10 minutes ever put on film IMO.

:bcool

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
MOVIE YOU'VE WATCHED MOST RERUNS OF: "The Wizard Of Oz"

Bet I can give that answer the right context - the film has been run on American TV as an "annual event" for about, oh, 2 billion years.

When I grew up (so to speak) the guys and gals in my gang would get together on "Wiz night", get a wee bit tipsy and sing along, ala "Rocky Horror". Great good fun.

We were a goofy bunch.

esa shi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

yes chris

i have the hk region 3 cantonese dvds (with mandarin also)

and the us region 1 dubbed english dvds of the bruce movies

always watch the hk original ones though cause dubbing spoils some of the effect of movies

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: MOVIES! Loves, hates, most moving, actors, lines, scene Reply with quote

Seismic! Bruce WIllis? Very sexy & muscular tough guy. Great choice!! :blush Super Mario Brothers :wgrin (Did your son drag you to see this one??)

RON! hahahahahahaha

Esa! Very cool! I loved all his movies. Have you seen Kill Bill 1, Quentin takes a lot from Bruce's movies! hahahahahahaha

This post is making me think the LADIES of the Blah BLah board, don't watch movies???? :eek

|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: MOVIES! Loves, hates, most moving, actors, lines, scene Reply with quote

Yep...I was "forced" to rent and endure "Super Mario Brothers" by my boy.

The things we do for our kids...:ohno

Now, "Howard The Duck" I can get into...:lol

Bruce has always been a top favorite of mine and I would imagine his and my personality, likes, dislikes, etc. are very similar, although I'm not sure of it....just speculating.

I'd love to get together with Willis and Gibson and get gloriously wasted...God knows where that might lead with those 2 wild, crazy Muthas... :party :g :party

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: