MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

9/11 My Revisit

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Project

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: 9/11 My Revisit Reply with quote

Part 1.....I was in NYC and went to the World Trade Center site for the first time...I was humbled and touched and blown away all at the same time...There were masses of people but even in a city of such immense size it was perfectly quiet and the scene was very surreal...coming from someone who had only seen the evil act of cowardice and terrorism from the TV screen it really gave it home to me how horrible and destructive the act of terror was...I am really quite unable to describe the feeling of loss and to think of the "ghosts" of the innocent people who are still there in the dust and ground to forever be in that fateful spot...

Part 2....In Staten Island, near the Boardwalk area, I also encountered an extremly moving and emotional scene in the middle of an island of a street called Hylan Blvd. and it was called "Angel's Circle"...what this was was a dedication to the people of Staten Island who died in the attack on 9/11...In rows about 4 deep were pictures and the names of the victims with notes or messages about them with candles and a beautifully kept landscape with statues....It was serene and peacefull and beautiful right in the middle of a busy intersection....The one picture that tore me up was a picture of a father with his 2 daughters and it just said "We miss you Daddy"..I was an emotional mess for the rest of the walk after that..It was an unbelievable scene that was a part of the trip I never expected to see...I am glad I did and very much grieve for the families whose loved ones are in the monument to the heartbreak and the loss of the ones left behind to miss them....Never forget

Mark

www.soundclick.com/damienproject

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 9/11 My Revisit Reply with quote

Nice, thoughtful post, Mark. Thanks for sharing your thoughts & moving personal experience.

People commemorated the day in many ways. I'm kinda partial to columnist Michelle Malkin's personal commemoration.

Michelle Malkin

Michelle at the range

================

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 9/11 My Revisit Reply with quote

We will be there (NY) on the 1st october..... I am not sure weather to go to the site or not... I am interested but dont want to seem like a gawping tourist....

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: