MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I hung a mic over the front....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: I hung a mic over the front.... Reply with quote

of my Marshall amp....

First time.... any tips??

LOST MY WAY Its just what I recorded today....

Paul

NEW VIDEO DIARY'S PAGE

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: I hung a mic over the front.... Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the mic but thought this was a pretty rocking track!! hahaahahahahhahaa :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: I hung a mic over the front.... Reply with quote

thanks Chris!! :)

NEW VIDEO DIARY'S PAGE

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I hung a mic over the front.... Reply with quote

You'll get a more cutting tone of you point the mic at the speaker. But I think it still sounds good.

Cool track. You don't like David Bowie at all, do you? ;)

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I hung a mic over the front.... Reply with quote

Ha thanks Theo.... erm Bowie? who is he? .... :lol

.... I am amazed..... the difference between DI and the mic .... When I DI'ed it the tone was "weak" and lost its balls... I have also dropped the guitar fx proccesor (BoSS ME-30) .... I also used the standard gibson.... :)

heres some pics.. :)

Gone...

Paul

NEW VIDEO DIARY'S PAGE

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I hung a mic over the front.... Reply with quote

Ah, so the mic is pointing at the speaker. I can't tell if it's centered on the cone or not. Is that a 1x12? It looks like it's hanging a little low, but that might just be the angle of the photo. And now the burning question: when's the last time you changed your strings?

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I hung a mic over the front.... Reply with quote

Guilty....!!!! haha :lol

Iam the worlds lazyest when it comes to strings.... well spotted Theo!!!! :)

Its a 2x12 cab.... I should have had the mic over the left or right speaker I guess?

NEW VIDEO DIARY'S PAGE

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I hung a mic over the front.... Reply with quote

Exactly right. Center of the cone will give your a brighter tine, out toward the edge of the cone will give you more lows & mids. And new strings will be brighter as well. :)

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: I hung a mic over the front.... Reply with quote

I agree that new strings makes your guitar sound like a new instrument! I LOVE playing new strings on a guitar! That reminds me I'd better buy some new strings for my acoustic!!!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: