MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

WOMEN OF IRELAND TRAGEDY (in spanish!)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: WOMEN OF IRELAND TRAGEDY (in spanish!) Reply with quote

Tjis is a cover of the well-known traditional celtic tune. I've added new variations and a self-composed bridge as well as a lyric line in spanish. Very slow and sad mood, telling the story of a maiden waiting for her lover who went into the sea and never came back.

LYRICS

Vienen las noches sin luna

barcos fantasmas de bruma

¿sois sombras de sal disfrazadas con la espuma del mar?

dime lánguida estrella...

si mi amado regresará

que la triste sirena

canta que ya no volverá

Y aunque no quede ya esperanza

no se puede apagar

el leve rubor de una enamorada

rubí­ como el sol al amanecer

Las olas ya no traen nuevas de él

y borran las huellas de mis pies...

Si se consume el latido

que ardió una vez en mi pecho

haré del mar también mi lecho

No... ya no volverá...ya no volverá...

and translated into english (more or less...)

Ghostships made of mist

comes in the moonless nights

¿are you shadows of salt in disguise masked with the foam of sea?

tell me languid star

if my love will return

because the sad mermaid

sings he will not come back to me

and even if there's no hope left

you cannot tone down

the slight blush of a woman in love

ruby as the sun at dawn

the waves does not bring news from him

just erases my footsteps

and if the beat that once beated in my chest is consumed

I will make the sea my deathbed

No, he won't come back

he won't come back....

hope you like it

here's the link, there you can listen many other covers of this very theme made by the musicians at nuevasmusicas.org, the platform i created to promote indie new age around the world. By the way, many of us are gatherin in real person next 17th of May in Barcelona (Spain)

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OPINION, YOU'LL FIND IT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/nm_music.htm

Edited by: yidneth at: 7/7/05 22:32
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: WOMEN OF IRELAND TRAGEDY (in spanish!) Reply with quote

I like the old Irish-Scot Celtic and English folk songs.

I think the best music of all is music that tells a story, either happy or sad. I will be interesting to listen to the different versions & interpretations of this tune at Soundclick.

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: WOMEN OF IRELAND TRAGEDY (in spanish!) Reply with quote

yes, :)

we're open for new versions :) we make them at nuevasmusicas.org the only request is that they have to be "quiet", relaxing, score-like versions as the forum is to promote new age

nuevasmusicas.org

i think there are decent covers, i need to replace my files, didn't realize it was not mastered, the volume, but esentially will be the same file :) glad you liked it

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: WOMEN OF IRELAND TRAGEDY (in spanish!) Reply with quote

Come to Canada, Pris...

I'm sure you will love it here...

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: WOMEN OF IRELAND TRAGEDY (in spanish!) Reply with quote

Ken, i would more than love it, but actually woudn't know how to jump over the ocean and settle in another place, so far i'm intending to move out of Pamplona, maybe to Barcelona, not sure :) THANKS FOR THE INVITING, :) hope to visit canada if possible for sure

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: WOMEN OF IRELAND TRAGEDY (in spanish!) Reply with quote

Yes - it was just an invitation - nothing more...

I just know you would Love our big Gray Rocky Mountains, Clean Air, Blue Skies, and Wide Open Spaces....

I Love Canada....

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: WOMEN OF IRELAND TRAGEDY (in spanish!) Reply with quote

i always remember a snowy picture you posted once, it really shows the beauty of the place you live, i wouldn't complaint to be able to share it for a while, plus visiting a friend would be a plus :) really. wouldn't mind to make a gig in Canada and put it in my curriculum either LOL hahahaha for spanish dwellers with sound so fancy hahah :)

Hugs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: