MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

#1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

Not my band, nor me.....

...BUT... something happened I have forecasted already last year and I gladly announce that the worst nightmare in the music biz became reality by now.

Quote:
Ringtone leapfrogs Coldplay tune

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- The "Crazy Frog" mobile phone ringtone -- loved and loathed in equal measure in Britain -- looks set to be number one in the music charts after it went on sale as a CD single, pipping a new release from top band Coldplay.

The Crazy Frog's "Axel F" is currently outselling Coldplay's "Speed Of Sound" by a four to one margin and is almost certain to be top when the charts are released on Sunday, music seller HMV said.

If it does make it to number one, it will be the first time a ringtone has achieved such a feat.

Television adverts plugging the tune feature an animated frog wearing a broad smile singing the distractingly catchy "ding ding dididing ..."

Earlier this year, the Advertising Standards Authority received complaints from viewers who not only objected to the frog's visible genitalia but also the frequency of the TV spots.

In recent adverts, the frog's tiny penis has been censored even though the watchdog deemed in February it was acceptable.

"Music purists might not be too happy at the prospect of the Crazy Frog outselling Coldplay," said HMV's Gennaro Castaldo.

Right.... you finally can wittness how it looks and sounds when the music industry and "a&r's" are digging their own graves.

Ethics, TASTE and culture do play no role anymore in the music biz.

If you have talent - fine. Don't expect that the major labels will care about it. Only the fast Euro/Pound/Dollar counts today.

Better create a ringtone in 15 minutes (the "crazy frog" #1 ringtone was admittedly programmed by a German sound-engineer team intended as a joke in no more than 15 minutes!).

LONG LIVE INDEPENDENT MUSIC INCL. INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTION! :)

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

Edited by: MIKE BURN  at: 5/27/05 16:37
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

Incredible.... :)

I read the other day that the annoying little frog has grossed over £10 million!! ...

also, one of our local radio presenters on century FM, in Gateshead UK (daryl dennham) is behind a remix of the ring tone... More here.... ...

Sad, very sad.. Mike!!

Paul

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

"Earlier this year, the Advertising Standards Authority received complaints from viewers who not only objected to the frog's visible genitalia but also the frequency of the TV spots."

You see... Coldplay have talent, the frog is better for money hence total advertising investment and consumer overload.

Of course the ad budget thrown out for the fast-buck-frog was taken away from other talented artists "in the pool".

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

I agree... it sucks!!

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

How good that you and I don't belong to the "pool" LOL

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

:lol

Paul

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

what frog tone? Where can I hear it?!?!?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

Here Chris :)

Paul

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

Mobile/cell phones tend to drive me nuts, Mike - but it seems like they are one good way to get accross a "hook" or some quick music marketing!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: #1 in the MAJOR U.K. Top40! Reply with quote

Argggggggg! I need speakers for this one!! Thanks Paul!! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: