MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late! Reply with quote

Whom do you admire most? In what ways does that person inspire you?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

lolson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late! Reply with quote

Yngwie Malmsteen, he inspire me to play faster on the guitar

Let there be ®ock

on Interconnected on AcidPlanet with Christofer @ home

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late! Reply with quote

David Bowie...

He inspired me to want to make music, as well as, he introduced me to alot of different types of music. The man's basically done everything from folk to soul to hard rock to drum & bass...

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late! Reply with quote

Quote:
Whom do you admire most?

My Father...

I think of Him every day.

And he still inspires me with the memory of what a strong, gentle, loving Man he was....

Now.

Answer your own question, Chris...

Whom do you admire most?

And how did that person inspire you?

(Be honest....)

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 2/15/05 19:47
forteetoo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late! Reply with quote

marilyn manson

his fearlessness inspires me.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late! Reply with quote

I can relate, Drooly.......My ol' 84 year old Dad.....still alive and kickin' and lovin' life.

Born in 1920, the next to the youngest of 8 boys and 3 girls.......

Got up at 5 am every morning, ate breakfast, and worked the field outside the house for an hour before walking 2 miles to school every day.......practiced/played football and baseball after school and then worked until sundown in that same field when he got home.......there were no Supermarkets then.....people grew and slaughtered what they ate.......

Didn't have electricity or indoor plumbing until 1938 at the age of 18 when the WPA came through and put it in.........

Joined the US Army in 1942 and served in the China-Burma-India theatre fighting Japanese and mosquitos and malaria and leeches and God knows what else and lived to tell about it....one of his brothers was not as lucky.......

Came back home in 1946 after WW2 and worked a factory job for 10 dollars a week until he was 30.......then started a Finance company with a friend whose family had the resources and connections to make it work.......

Worked his @#%$ off 5 days a week for his family and made sure my brother and I had everything we needed to be successful in life......was a tolerant man and demanded we always treat others as we wished to be treated.....but not to take @#%$ off of anybody who wanted to bulldoze us.......

Retired from and sold the Finance company at the age of 68 but continued to work as Business Manager for the Masonic Lodge here until the age of 80.......

Has never turned a blind eye or deaf ear to anyone in need his entire life.....

Has been the best role model a Son could possibly have, even though the Son sometimes thought he was so damn smart what his father was telling him was bullshit until the Son got older and realized what he had been told was true.......

God Bless Him....and the woman who died 10 years ago that was smart enough to marry him.

They don't make them like that anymore.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late! Reply with quote

Nice post, Seismo...

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late! Reply with quote

I admire anyone who dont make PC viruses.

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual UK

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

NEW : FAP COMPILATION CD

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the week - 14 Feb 2005 - a day late! Reply with quote

When I think about I have to along with Drooly and Seismo's line of thought: my folks.

We' re talking about two people who both attended the proverbial one-room schoolhouse and who ended up raising 9 kids. (Had 10, one died as an infant)

That alone is more than enough to inspire me - even setting aside all the stuff in between the the1-room school house and the 10 kids!

Quote:
"Didn't have electricity or indoor plumbing until 1938 at the age of 18 when the WPA came through and put it in."

Y'know Seismo, walking around the city sidewalks I'll see quite a few sidewalk "squares" poured in recent years that are cracked and in need of repair/replacement. But every now and then you'll find a square - solid as can be - stamped with "NRA 193x" in the corner. ("National Recovery Act").

Those who managed to feed their families during those hard times by working in the NRA,WPA and other programs have good reason to be proud. They too were part of the "Greatest Generation".

My dad was in the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corp). To this day you'll find trees seperating the right/left lanes while driving some stretches of highway hereabouts in the northland - trees planted by the CCC crews that he worked with.

All these people were just ordinary folks doing extraordinary things that we take for granted today - creating electricity, sidewalks, roads, planting trees, making it through tough times - and a whole lot more.

So you're spot on, cowboy - "inspirational" is the operational word. Good read there!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: