MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Lip-syncing singers 'pathetic'

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Lip-syncing singers 'pathetic' Reply with quote

Quote:
Monday, November 1, 2004 Posted: 9:07 AM EST (1407 GMT)

CLEVELAND, Ohio (Billboard) -- With Ashlee Simpson in the news this week following a disastrous lip-synching appearance on "Saturday Night Live," Canadian pop singer Avril Lavigne says it's "pathetic" that some young artists don't sing on their own record or on stage.

While she can relate to the pressures of learning how to play live and work an audience for the first time, Lavigne says she takes exception to the practice of lip-synching.

"You know what? There are a lot of people out there today, who have become stars or famous musicians -- I wouldn't really define them as a star -- with a record only because they have connections and only because they have money and for the wrong reasons," Lavigne, 20, told Billboard.com.

"And it sucks. Actually, I know for a fact there are some young female artists who don't even sing on their own records and who don't sing live. And that is pathetic."

Ashlee Simpson, the younger sister of fellow reality TV starlet, Jessica Simpson, was caught out during her "SNL" appearance when a pre-recorded vocal track started playing as she held her microphone to her side. She initially blamed her band, and then a sore throat that prevented her from singing live.

Lavigne, who is six days older than Simpson, added, "I got signed because of my voice. That's what (then-Arista head Antonio) 'L.A.' Reid signed me on. He said, 'Wow, you are only 15 and you can really sing. I'm going to sign you.' And I've never lip-synced once."

I think I have to agree with Avril here :)

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Lip-syncing singers 'pathetic' Reply with quote

me too.

btw, avril has a killer voice, totally killer.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Lip-syncing singers 'pathetic' Reply with quote

Avril is cool! Her latest album rocks!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Lip-syncing singers 'pathetic' Reply with quote

hahahaha....

Lip-syncing Rocks....

(just kidding....)

Actually - just for fun, I'm using some old 8mm home video to lip-sync my Father to one of the Wailing Hobos tunes....

In the video, (from 45 years ago), my Dad is partying with his Pals, and for some reason he gets up on the table and plays "broom guitar"...- the guy on piano is my 3rd Grade Teacher...

hahaha..................

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 11/2/04 9:38
The Master68

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: heh Reply with quote

GIRL YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!!!

OOOH! OOOH! OOOOOOH!

I LOVE YOU!

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: heh Reply with quote

Quote:
Ashlee Simpson booed at Orange Bowl

Football fans jeered singer’s performance

Ashlee Simpson performed during halftime of the FedEx Orange Bowl national championship game in Miami, but not everyone thought she scored a touchdown.

The Associated Press

Updated: 6:34 p.m. ET Jan. 5, 2005

NEW YORK - Ashlee Simpson’s Orange Bowl halftime performance was a lemon, according to the 72,000-plus Miami crowd. The 20-year-old singer received a discernible chorus of boos following a performance of her song “La La.”

“You make me wanna scream,” she sang before the audience jeered.

Simpson was among a trio of halftime performers Tuesday night in a game that saw Southern California overwhelm Oklahoma 55-19. The camera cut away from her face as the booing began.

The negative vocal reaction came months after Simpson’s performance on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live,” which revealed she used background vocal tracks. The mishap was later attributed to acid reflux.

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: heh Reply with quote

see the video here:

www.local10.com/entertain...etail.html

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: heh Reply with quote

Boy, this chik is taking alot of heat...

LMAO

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: