MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Unsung hero of jazz bass....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONOFFON
All the mystery is taken as fact

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Unsung hero of jazz bass.... Reply with quote

... was my father, Harry Babasin.

The magazine that featured our group, ONOFFON, in December's issue, Unsigned Music Magazine, has this month featured my father in their Influential section.

This magazine is available in fully downloadable PDF files and I believe it's worth the read.

You can download both issues at this link -

Unsigned Music Magazine

"If you've never heard of Harry Babasin, then now is the time to discover the man and his contributions to jazz history. Click the link and be taken back in time to west coast jazz at its' finest." - UMM

Many of you know about my dad but this is still very cool. My sincere thanks to Unsigned Music Magazine for giving a voice to the promotionally disadvantaged... 8)

Happy New Year to everyone! :rollin

axella

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Unsung hero of jazz bass.... Reply with quote

Hey, Von, nice to see you around again!

I'll check out the link. You must be so proud! :)

ONOFFON
All the mystery is taken as fact

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Unsung hero of jazz bass.... Reply with quote

Hi Axella - nice to see you too. I don't get over here as often as I should - bbchris is always such a gracious hostess... :nw

Slowly but surely I'm getting the history books rewritten to include my father's contributions. More jazz books than ever now have info about him - it's very rewarding.

Take care and happy new year... :hat

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Unsung hero of jazz bass.... Reply with quote

Wow! FOr free!! I'm downloading a bunch of magazines!!! Thanks Von!! I look forward to reading about your father! :yo

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: