MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New years eve vs. power of nature

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: New years eve vs. power of nature Reply with quote

I think I never experienced such a silent new years eve.

Not much celebrating at all and I think it was good and appropriate this way.

Overnight the death toll in the tourist resorts of Thailand doubled and reached 10,000.

When I saw the first pictures of the catastrophe I thought it's maybe not that bad, maybe because the 100 feet wave was missing, but when watching the content of the links below, you know that people had not much chances.

Power of nature I

Power of nature II

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New years eve vs. power of nature Reply with quote

News just rushed in, that the number of missing Germans, which have to be feared all dead, did rise from 1,500 to 3,200.

So many people, so many share similiar and unbelievable personal destinies.

In India alone, over 180,000 children lost their parents (usually more than one child per family, hence the big number).............

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New years eve vs. power of nature Reply with quote

It is thought around 20,000 Swedes had travelled to Thailand this holiday season, to escape the harsh winter of northern Europe.

Authorities are fearing this tragedy may well become the worst natural disaster in the nation's history.

With a population of only 9 million, Sweden's expected loss of life proportionately matches that of Indonesia, and is exceeded only by Sri Lanka.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: