MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Question of the Week - 20 December 2004
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

Better.

Because we're gonna put all the Haters from both sides of the Aisle/World in one big warehouse, lock the door, and let them eliminate each other one by one. Then blow up the warehouse. :D

The rest of us are gonna shake hands, forget our differences, drink plenty of beer, make tons of love, and develop our society based on love and caring for our fellow men/women.

I like to envision the "Star Trek" society......one where we all see each other as Earthers, not Americans, Canadians, Germans, Chinese, Russians, East Indians, English, Dutch, Swedish, etc, etc, etc.........put all the "Pride" and "Holier Than Thou" Bull$hit on the shelf and get on with life and living.

My two cents.

:wm

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

Do you think the world will be a better or worse place 100 years from now? Why?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

Edited by: bbchris  at: 12/20/04 17:08
HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

I think it'll be neither better nor worse. Technology changes -- people don't.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

"I like to envision the "Star Trek" society......one where we all see each other as Earthers, not Americans, Canadians, Germans, Chinese, Russians, East Indians, English, Dutch, Swedish, etc, etc, etc.........put all the "Pride" and "Holier Than Thou" Bull$hit on the shelf and get on with life and living."

Yeah, I hate all this segmented @#%$ in the world.

"We are right" "NO, WE are right"...

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

i dont think countries will be important, just what company you work for :)

the kingdom of microsoft etc.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I think either a whole lot better or a whole lot worse. Just depends on the time of the return of Christ.

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

december 12, 2012 :) hehe.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

I'm the optimist and I hope to have children one day so I think it will be an even better world in 100 years time.

Interesting ideas posted in this thread! I love the Star Trek idea and Jorn's idea of Kingdom of Microsoft is interesting too!

Chaz Spaz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

I think the world will be a DIFFERENT place, better in some ways and not so good in other ways.

Scientists have recently announced that hundreds of species of birds are becoming extinct and that will create many problems in our environment. Many birds directly affect the reproductive cycle of certain plants and reduce the numbers of insects. The extinction of certain bird species will result in the death of the plants they help to pollinate and increase our exposure to disease when the insects population they help control numbers increase. Not a happy outlook.

On the other hand, I think people will live longer healthier lives, there will be less violence and hatred, and, I hope, colonization of space. I don't believe in the destruction of Earth as in Armagedden, supposedly in 2012. That's the year I'm supposed to retire.:seismo

The Master68

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

Where's this 2012 stuff coming from?

--------------

When you argue with a fool, be sure he isn't similarly occupied...

--------------

Music - Organismo Cibernetico (Cybernetic Organism)

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

Master68 - 2012 was predicted by crop circles...

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

Crop Circles???

I'm lost, here.

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

lots of native american religions point to 2012 inka, maya, hopi. the maya calendar resets then.

the terracota warriors in china has that date coded into them. etc.. 2012 shows up everywhere :) hehe.

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

oh my.. just did a google on 2012.. there more.. lots more. hehe.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of the Week - 20 December 2004 Reply with quote

Well there's been so many predictions of the end of the world and I've even lived through some of them!! That's how many there have been!! :bday

Bring on 2012 I say!! :banana

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: