MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

He wrote to Thinking Out Loud saying:

=============================================

I hope you and your family are well ,my father is dying of emphysema. Can you please send him a autographed photo?

Dale Creg address, USA.

God bless you and your family.

We just got him a cd player for his b-day .

He loves all music ,sports ,tv .he loves listening to cd’s and watching dvd’s

Your friend,

Steven Creg

Box 758 address, USA

Please, keep him in your prayers.

=============================================

Why do I feel uncomfortable by this?

I edited his address btw, he gave me a different address for his Dad to himself

Would YOU send him a photo? Would you send him more? Is this a good thing for Steven to do? *confused*

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Damien Project

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

I have seen this type of thing before Chris....bogus

Mark

www.soundclick.com/damienproject

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

So Mark, you reckon it's bogus? What a strange thing to email someone!!! I just read it again and he doesn't say what music his Dad likes!! What if TOL are not his cup of tea?

|Talk Soup |

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

i live by my gut instincts. if you think the guy is a tool and is just wanting a free cd then forget it, if you think that it's an opportunity to spread your music a little, then go with it.

however.......he didn't ask for a cd, he asked for an autographed photo. so maybe his dad doesn't necessarily listen to tol, or maybe his kid downloaded some music from the internet and burned it to a cd for him as part of a mix cd and thinks the old guy would get a kick out of a photo- like a case where the mysterious internet becomes a part of his real life (you know, like an unexpected letter from hong kong with an autographed photo and a brief personal message?). i know from dealing with my parents and inlaws who are in various stages of dementia that sometimes they enjoy odd things in the mail or odd gifts.....maybe a photo would give the guy a few minutes of joy.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: maybe Reply with quote

maybe his dad collects autographs from musicians around the world and was once a music groupie who went to concerts and what not????

Emphysema is a terrible sickness though. Wouldn't wish it on anyone - smokers disease and I've known three people who died from it, horrible horrible deaths.

If I can be bothered I might, I don't really think my autographed photo would be of much value to anyone, so I'd probably just laugh it off.

But sometimes its nice to get a friendly note from people who don't know you - its a kindness. If its a conjob, I guess you've taken the writer at face value and trusted in the human soul, and that is goodness too. Maybe he'd feel sorry for being such a liar...

:gl

Hwagang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

Quote:

Would YOU send him a photo? Would you send him more? Is this a good thing for Steven to do? *confused*

I have been getting mail like these or written in a similar way some times; I agree that you should follow your gut feeling here. I have sent photoes and sometimes cd-s, but I tend to do this less frequently now...

huggies/Hwagang

www.hwagang.com/

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

I've gotten than kind of thing also....

Sometimes I'm torn, thinking "What if this is sincere?"

But, as others do, I go with my gut feeling, and trash the puppy.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

Expressions of deep emotions in an email from someone you have never had any form of (pardon the word) intercourse with, is totally ridiculous.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll go with what my heart felt.

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

I love it when people follow their Hearts.....

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

the path with heart is the only one i take.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

broken snowman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: steven creg Reply with quote

Weird..I received the same email...

Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: steven creg Reply with quote

seems like www.frankiebanali.com/fbfanmail.html has gotten the exact same mail

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: steven creg Reply with quote

He sent me another one worded exactly the same recently. Its not sincere I think because neither email mentions the name of any of my bands.....

|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Did anyone get fan mail from Steven Creg? Reply with quote

It kinda sounds like the guy does it as a way to get freebie things - like CDs (note the mention he just got his father a CD player). I'd send him a catalogue of items for purchase, hahahaha! Well, maybe including a 10% discount, lol.

That's one of the cool things about reviewing CDs - I get to keep 'em all. But in a few cases - the real awful submissions -I wish the CDs were re-writeable so I could burn good music over them. (Cassette tapes were good for that,lol)

You're a good-hearted person, Chris - so when you think something smells a little fishy, then it probably is.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: