MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Seismo & other Southern folks - here comes Ivan!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Seismo & other Southern folks - here comes Ivan! Reply with quote

Best batten down the hatches, mates!

If Ivan The Terrible follows this path it's looks like the eye will hit about where I guessed (between Biloxi, Miss and Mobile, Alabama) in some post here last week -

Here's a link to a Sat-Foto, this hurricane looks big & nasty!

Ivan Sat-Foto

Keep your heads down & keep safe, folks down that-a-away!

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Seismo & other Southern folks - here comes Ivan! Reply with quote

Thanks, Ron...

The red dot is us...if Ivan doesn't veer off to the East, he'll come right over us...I'll get some video if he does...

Based on this path, at 1pm CDT Thursday, Sept. 16th, we should be getting 55 mph winds...if it comes further to the West, we could reach Hurricane strength winds this far inland...yeeeee-haaahhhh!!!

:banana

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 9/15/04 1:18
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: See you on the other side.... Reply with quote

Quote:

Detailed Local Forecast for Meridian, MS (39301)

Tonight: Tropical storm force winds expected. Periods of rain and very windy. Rain becoming heavy at times overnight. Low 72F. NE winds at 10 to 20 mph, increasing to 35 to 50 mph. Rainfall possibly over two inches.

Tomorrow: Tropical storm force winds expected. Very windy. A steady rain. The rain may be heavy at times early. High around 80F. Winds N at 50 to 70 mph. Rainfall may reach one inch.

Tomorrow night: Windy at times with rain. Low 69F. NW winds at 25 to 40 mph, diminishing to 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

:dang :fg :dang

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: See you on the other side.... Reply with quote

That's a very powerful and unpredictable force of nature.

It looks like many people on the gulf coast will be affected!

Damn.................

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: See you on the other side.... Reply with quote

Appreciate the thought, Mike...seriously.

Hurricane Camille really devastated the Mississippi coast in 1969....hope we don't get a repeat of that....I sat through 90 mph winds my first year of college watching the show with some other friends in Hattiesburg, MS in 1979 when Frederick blew through there....was a stupid young 18-year-old buck then....wouldn't do that again, man...weird watching the tops of 30 foot pine trees bend and almost touch the ground!!! But what the hell...you're only young once!!

We'll be okay up here....the only bitch will be losing electrical power if we do....something we all take for granted and can hardly do without...unless one of these BIG pine trees in my backyard decides to crash down right into my den or bedroom.... :lol

We shall wait and see. :yo

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: See you on the other side.... Reply with quote

Well, the good thing is that people nowadays get warned (the only problem is that they should take it seriously) more than 24 hours in advance!!!!

Galveston was only possible because the people thought "it's not that bad" and denied this powerful force!!!!

Stay safe man!

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: See you on the other side.... Reply with quote

Winds are around 20-25 mph right now...the worst here will come in the morning around 10am - 2pm...

You're exactly right....people ignore the warnings and they pay for it...sometimes with their lives....I have never understood that. :ohno

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Seismo & other Southern folks - here comes Ivan! Reply with quote

Well, Seismo, it looks like Ivan left a big mess, but wasn't as bad as he could've been. Good thing he didn't hit NO head on, from what I read that would've been a nightmare because of Orleans already being below sea level.

I suppose most people got a lot of rain and some flooding to deal with. Mother Nature can really dish it out!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: