MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Smoking.........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Smoking......... Reply with quote

As a child, I was brought up in a small house with my parents... (yes Iam an only child!! :) )

They both smoked about 20 odd a day each and still do to this day.

For years I have wondered what people get out of smoking? ..... I am just curious and not having a go..... smoking dont bother me..... if it did I would not go to the bar!!! :lol ....

I dont smoke and never will.... YES I tried but I did not like it at all!!

I often have talks with me mother about this but she never comes up with an answer....... normaly its " well you drink a lot, what do you get out of that?????" .... well I get pissed.......... have a laugh or whatever...... Its not right but I see the point!!!

If smoking got you pissed I would see the point!!

Oh I hope I make sense here??

Anyway can anybody give me the answer? :)

And in no way is this an anti-smoking thingy type thing!! :)

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Smoking......... Reply with quote

Hiya Paul -

Both my folks smoked a pack (20) plus some cigs daily. Of my siblings - 9 lived to adulthood, counting self - only myself and one bro didn't take it up. But we both had a go with the cigs as teens so that we wouldn't stand out as oddballs among the mates. (I still stand out as an oddball otherwise, but that's another story...)

For regular cig smokers, I think it's a combination of the nicotine addiction/"high" and routine. That is, it's just normal for them. Get up, light a cig, have breakfast, light a cig, get in the auto, light up a cig. Cig smokers (in specific) make associations with lighting up. Finishing a meal, for example, just calls for a cig.

In my view, at least, it's psychological as much as a physical thing (nicotine craving).

I think mundane, very normal events and routines are mentally hard-linked to lighting up. I don't believe it's a conscious "time to smoke!"; just that one routine physical action subconsiously triggers the other - having a cig.

(If that makes any sense, lol.)

On the other hand, oddly enough, sometimes I enjoy a good cigar ."Good cigar" - probably a contradiction in terms for many!! Sometimes even a so-so cigar is fine, heh. But to do it as routine would spoil the novelty of it for me. Never would have one in a non-cigar smoker's house and I open my windows & turn on a fan on those occasions when I do imbibe at home.

I encourage acquaintances to have babies so I can get freebie cigars! My best mate enjoys one now and then too, so they make for good gifts to exchange come a holiday or the like. But to have them all the time would seem much too close to work - rather than leisure - to enjoy. It's the forbidden fruit type exceptions that makes life interesting! :)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Smoking......... Reply with quote

What Ron says is the total truth - its way more psychological. When I smoked (2 packs a day!) I believed I looked cool (!) and played the bad girl part totally well and that I 'needed' a ciggie after a meal and that it 'relaxed' me.

I gave up incredibly easy. I think if you believe it's 'hard to give up smoking' - you create the mindset to fail.

It's like those who say "I CAN'T do something" - they really can't!

There's a lot of psychological advertising with ciggies and most Governments get a lot of income from tobacco companies through tax etc. so although they like to warn people not to smoke, they just as eagerly will tell you it's hard to give up.

I remember forcing myself when I was learning to smoke - I bought a packet of KENT and sat in my room in front of a mirror to practise inhaling (like my Dad & others I'd seen) - I smoked about 10 then had to rush to the bathroom to throw up as my head spun round. I kept at it for the next week till my body got used to it. hahahahahahahahahha It was WAY HARDER to learn to smoke than to give up!! Not many smokers will admit that.

Congratulations to you Paul for asking very sensible questions about smoking!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Smoking......... Reply with quote

Thanks Ron and Chris.... as I say Iam no do gooder and just curious!!! :)

Quote:
On the other hand, oddly enough, sometimes I enjoy a good cigar

Funny enough I contradict my self.... sometimes when I have had a good drink, I will have a few puffs on a cigar!! :)

Actually, I like the smell of good cigars!! :)

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: