MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

OK... here's another live teaser

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

:) That you know why it is better that Kate Cassidy sings

for the mikeburn and friends band... here's a wild live recording

with myself on vocals :D

*ACK* :goofy :warrior :l

"I can't" (LIVE-snippet) Hi-Fi

"I can't" (LIVE-snippet) Download

Only two minutes that you get the impression,

IF you are in the mood and enjoy faster live-tracks :)

*uff-dash* :colorf

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

How good that Kate is coming again tonight! HAHA :) ;)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

While I don't really understand your musical "style"... - I still really like the tonal quality of your singing voice, and the distinct character and expression you put into it.

I think you underestimate yourself there.

Some parts of that track reminded me of Bono from U2 for some reason......

Do you ever sing harmonies with Kate?

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

:) Thanks for taking the time to listen to this live jam, Drooly :)

Well, you brought up a good point with Kate...

...when we were practicing two weeks ago here and

talked about possible new tracks to be included/worked

out for our live program, we agreed on keeping the harmony

idea "alive". As a matter of fact we of course want to play

our "solid" program with Kate singing alone. It's a fact that

I am not really made for singing and playing guitar at the

same time. Maybe I am setting myself under too much

pressure to perform the guitar parts as good as possible.

In my head I value the guitar lines higher than my screaming

for the band sound overall.

However, we will for sure have duets or harmony vocals,

Kate and me, in the near future as part of our fixed live

program :) )

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

Boinking Mike! :boink

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

I am listening now.... Nothing wrong with your vocal Mike...... you do actually sound like Bono in parts... :)

Is it the lack of confidence you have in your voice, the reason for the delay, or is that the sound you prefer??...

Sounds good to me :)

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

Thanks for the *BOINK*, Chris! :D :D :D

Paul :)

I'm glad you were not too disappointed by this live jam, despite the delay effect in the voice. :) Well, I heard that "delay-argument" many times when people commented about my mixes and also live performances. I think it's a HUGE mistake to misinterpret the use of room ambience and delays as something which has to do with "missing confidence" or lack of singing ability (hence the "desire to cover things by the use of effects"). That's plain nonsense if you ask me. Foremost it's a matter of taste and the use of effects is a musical style element as well.

Transfer yourself into a huge hall or a stadium or even a bigger club.. now clap in your hands. What do you hear?

Thanks. Exactly... you'll hear natural delays and reverbs. There will be no possibility for the "ultra-dry-vocal-style" folks anywhere on the planet to perform live the "ARTIFICIAL" (!!!) dryness of their studio recordings. Like I said, in my case that's not a thing which has to do with missing "confidence", I rather have a natural desire to make vocals in general sound "wet" instead of artifically "dry" and if you are in time with a delay it's also a musical addition IMHO :D :D :D

There's nothing worse IMHO than a ultra-dry mixed Shania Twain vocal, where all do not speak of "missing confidence" but of "great vocals which do not need to cover anything up with effects" while overhearing that Shania Twain sings through a battery of pitch correction devices. Like Britney Spears, like Shakira... who even do not sing live most of the time (the vocals usually come from a DAT ore sampler during concerts).

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

Good response Mike.... I hope you dont think I was having a go at you?? :)

I use delay on my vocals, used to use a lot of reverb as well but I just got whip lashed every time I asked for an opinion!! :stress ...

The track iam working on now uses a little in the verse then a lot in the chorus...... So echo, delay reverb are fine by me :l

Paul

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

I'm quite partial to good use of reverb and delay also....

Depending on the song, of course. I use very little in "punchy-crunchy" tunes......

But last night at band practice, we did a bit of experimentation.... - on one new song where we have 3 part vocal harmonies, we turned the delay WAY up on the back-up vox (not the lead). To the point where the voice sounded strange alone.

The delay was tap-tempo (in sync with the beat of the song), and when all three voices came in with the full band, it sounded HUGE......

It's a matter of personal taste... - personally, I love it...

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

That sounds good drooly....

Paul

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

Gotta boink Mike again! :blush

|Talk Soup |

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

i think your vocal is great. in fact i think it fits in with your music perhaps better than kate's vocal does. that's just me maybe but i think it a perfect match. your vocal is very similar to a good friend of mine's actually now that i think of it.

i think you sang on all these tears (nina) didn't you? i always loved that song.

i think the saddest thing is the tune cut off at the start of the guitar lead though!

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: OK... here's another live teaser Reply with quote

I love Bono's voice so was intrigued by this track - I see what you guys mean! The power of Mike's vocals... I agree that Mike's voice is superb and why does this track fade out over the guitar solo!??!?! Kate is a fabulous singer and sounds great and Mike is also a fabulous singer too. I think it's great having TWO singers in one band cause even if the lead vocalist is superb, people ALWAYS sit up and listen to a song sung by another member of the band. :banana

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: