MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

rachael yamagata?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Girlie chica

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

Hello fellow newbie. Rachael Yamagata rocks. Her voice reminds me of Fiona, although her style is quite different. Anyways, I can tell you that she'll be touring in June, starting June 9th in NY--hopefully I will be there!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

Hello, Nice Newbies. Have you heard about The Wailing Hobos? They are very Sexy and Hot. The lead singer sounds like Fiona. They will start a European Tour in August. Isn't that exciting?

You can visit them by clicking the banner below...

:)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

ooopsy...

I forgot to include The Wailing Hobos banner in the previous post....

(Those guys are soooooooo HOT....)

So here's the banner - if you click it quick, they might let you join their Street Team for free...!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Damien Project

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

lol Drooly..You kill me man

musicrazy59

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

Heyyyy newbie here. Wondering if anyone's heard of Rachael Yamagata? I saw her perform on Conan last week and was totally impressed, and then I found this review online of her upcoming CD Happenstance. (www.2-4-7-music.com/revie...PENSTANCE)

She sounds cool--anyone have more info?

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

I'm just so excited about rachael yamagata that my bellybutton has been puckering and unpuckering all day!! In fact, I'm moving to NY just because she's appearing there!!!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello, Nice Newbies. Have you heard about The Wailing Hobos? They are very Sexy and Hot.

True, Drooly.

But "Rachael Yamagata rocks". Do the WH rock, too? Or does Rachael have one up on them?

(Personally, I prefer to sway rather than rock.)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

hahahaha That's so funny! So too eager street team members come over and pretend they don't know each other to post about someone called rachael? Excellent!! hahahha So funny!! hahahahhahahaha Of course, I do hope they both come back and tell us more, otherwise I would really consider them to be spammers, which they are not, right?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Girlie chica

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

Well, their lead singer doesn't exactly sound like Fiona, but they were okay nonetheless. I watched the video of Dream--not bad, I didn't love it.

Sorry that no one here is open minded enough to hear about a great new artist like Rachael, but I guess it's your loss.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

Hey - we're open minded here - we just don't know what you're talking about - well I'm speaking for me now - who the heck is Fiona?? Is that Fiona Apple?

Let me suggest to you that at least you give people an idea of what music this 'Rachael' is when you post. I just looked at the link your fellow Rachael promoter posted (and I'm sorry to say - it looks like you've used a different name and are talking to yourself) and it would appear her album got 3 stars out of 5 stars and her website is offline so there is nowhere to buy her CD. Now I feel it was a bit of a waste of time to go to her site.

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

My apologies, Girlie chica....

You actually watched the Dream video?

ok - I apologize again.....

It's just that I get overloaded with Street Teamers and "listen to me" spam-bots......

But if you actually listen to other people, and converse with them, I can't call you a spammer...

Sorry..

I'll go listen to rachael yamagata....

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 5/28/04 14:54
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

Well, I found her website with Google...

And she really is quite good... - a very expressive singer...

Rachael Yamagata

Reminds me a bit of Sara McLaughlin...

nice...

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 5/28/04 15:07
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

She looks like a Eurasian! There's a lot of talented Eurasians about!! Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

She really is a good singer - no kidding...

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: rachael yamagata? Reply with quote

OK Drooly! I'll have a listen - actually on the song 'Collide' - I think the production is very interesting but her voice? Nothing special - too breathy for me.

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: