MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Well, you're a good promoter, Chris, - no doubt......You seem to be able to promote well, without seeming like a "spammer" - that's a rare talent..

Are his online tracks only available in "RealPlayer" format?

I wanted to listen..., but don't want to install RealPlayer...

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Let me see what I can do about that....

Just think what I would do if the Wailing Hobos ever come to HK..........

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Quote:
but don't want to install RealPlayer

Drooly, don't bother with RealOne or whatever they're calling their intrusive, nasty, overbuilt Frankenstein these days.( I suppose I'm preaching to the choir here, heh.)

The old RealPlayer 8 Basic is just fine for most things, you just say no to all the silly things, like update notifications, file associations, etc. - mine is set just to play ra, rm - things exclusive to RealPlayer.

RealPlayer 8 download page

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Or check out a program called "Real Alternative" at -

KL Codec Resource Site

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

A good ol' Texas boy....do tell!!

Great job on the Poster, BTW!! ;)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

hahaha Thanks Seismic!! I didn't lay it out but I OKayed it :banana

Thank you Ron!

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, Ron... - it makes sense....

But I'm rather a minimalist... - I like to keep my system as simple as possible....

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

And I think that for online promotions, Artists should make things as easy as possible for listeners....

A deep link to an mp3 is about as simple as it can get, I think...

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Tell him to create a page at IC, Chris....

:)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Been busy promoting Aaron Calhoun who's a superb musician-singer-guitarist. He's from Austin, Texas and I've got him 8 shows lined up in 10 days!!

He was on the radio yesterday and the DJ was swooning when he played his acoustic and sung live on the radio!!

Here's his tour poster below - for those of you in Hong Kong, if you can catch one of his shows - it's a MUST!!

Here's something that got mentioned in one of the local mags:

|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Quote:
I like to keep my system as simple as possible

Ich auch. That's why I use Win MediaPlayer 6.4 (v.7 was where it went nuts) and just update the codecs to WMP9.

Nowadays when I build a page for sound samples, I prefer to use streaming swf audio since most every browser already has it built in. No audio player program needs to popup and it doesn't need to load the music first before it streams.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

I use WMP9, Ron... - I have no trouble with it.

Are you able to post clickable deep-links to your tracks?

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 5/19/04 6:01
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Well, Drooly, I keep my own stuff high on the shelf and away from the internet, if for no other reason than children's safety! hahaha

I suppose you could deep-link to an swf audio, but I believe a blank page would open to load & play the swf. Since there's an open page, it makes sense to have some minimal graphix & info to go with the tune.

I'm in the midst of an internet move to a new domain/server but I just FTPed an old sample below as an example. It's by a young lass (Emilie) in your neck of the woods - Montreal - who's cutting her teeth in music writing & video.

Worlds Apart

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

his music is really nice chris. is that sort of music popular in HK? i've always been a big fan of americana (which is what i'd call his music) and here in the us that sort of thing is again gaining popularity. in my limited view, bands like him and wailing hobos and counting crows (sort of the range of americana as i hear it) are quickly gaining ground here. so is americana popular in HK?

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: I've brought a Texan Musician to perform in Hong Kong! Reply with quote

Drooly - I will suggest he check out ic-musicmedia.

Bud - Aaron told me his music is considered AAA in America? Obviously we don't have that genre here!! HMV HK are the ones calling him Jazz but I think he's a mix - blues, jazz, crooning music. And the buzz I've created is quite unbelievable! HK is a desert when you consider those genres. The Counting Crows would sell out if they played a gig here! Gypsy Kings have performed here a few times. You thinking of coming here with your band? :banana

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: